+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Great discussion on BT Sport about club ethos

Great discussion on BT Sport about club ethos

Discussing and praising Brighton when they sacked Hughton, hired Potter and decided they were going to play a different way and players at all age groups will be coached that way .
    If Potter leaves then his replacement will need to fit into their culture not change all the coaching, playing style, etc.

Re: Great discussion on BT Sport about club ethos

Bit like us then over the past few managers.

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    Discussing and praising Brighton when they sacked Hughton, hired Potter and decided they were going to play a different way and players at all age groups will be coached that way .
    If Potter leaves then his replacement will need to fit into their culture not change all the coaching, playing style, etc.
    Surprised we werent mentioned as well?

We do have an ethos , hoof ball .......

What they mentioned that made me think of us was the short sighted cycle of employ a new manager with his coaching team and tactics, focus on short term gain at first team level with no long term plan regarding youth and other age level groups.

They commented on clubs starting down this path but panicking when results may not be what they hoped ,rip it up and go back to short term gain , new manager, new coaches , new tactics etc not having the conviction to stay on this path of looking at bigger picture.

They were primarily focussing on Brighton since Hughton sacking and evolving the club. Steve Sidwell was on there as he is involved at youth level at Brighton and mentioned how it is all integrated throughout the club .

Our friends out west as an example of an owner who made the move to having a club ethos and the manager/coaches employed to fit that ethos not implement change again and again.

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    What they mentioned that made me think of us was the short sighted cycle of employ a new manager with his coaching team and tactics, focus on short term gain at first team level with no long term plan regarding youth and other age level groups.

They commented on clubs starting down this path but panicking when results may not be what they hoped ,rip it up and go back to short term gain , new manager, new coaches , new tactics etc not having the conviction to stay on this path of looking at bigger picture.

They were primarily focussing on Brighton since Hughton sacking and evolving the club. Steve Sidwell was on there as he is involved at youth level at Brighton and mentioned how it is all integrated throughout the club .

Our friends out west as an example of an owner who made the move to having a club ethos and the manager/coaches employed to fit that ethos not implement change again and again.
    Football has become a money game . Good results bring more money .

It is very brave to set out a plan and stick to it . Developing a style takes time, and if you are in the premier league losing games means possibly falling out of the greedy league, I can understand how knee jerk reactions are made in the effort of obtaining results.
    Swansea have got lucky again , actually how many times have they got "lucky?"
    Brendon Rodgers
    Graham Potter
    and now Plug
    to name but a few .
    I wonder how they have been so "lucky" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post

It is very brave to set out a plan and stick to it . Developing a style takes time, and if you are in the premier league losing games means possibly falling out of the greedy league, I can understand how knee jerk reactions are made in the effort of obtaining results.
    Brendon Rodgers
    Graham Potter
    and now Plug
    to name but a few .
    Laudrup wasnt too bad either

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post

Brendon Rodgers
    Graham Potter
    and now Plug
    to name but a few .

The Swans have Alan Curtis who advises the board on football matters.
    We have Dalman.....