+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Joe Root scores 100 in his hundredth Test

Joe Root scores 100 in his hundredth Test

Fantastic achievement and joins an exclusive list.

Can't believe he's played 100 tests let alone scored a hundred 100's.
    He still looks so young!

Makes you sick

Re: Joe Root scores 100 in his hundredth Test

Pity his brother isn’t as good as him when he turns out for Glammie!

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    We live in hope

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    We live in hope
    I was reading somewhere recently that Billy was the more naturally gifted brother, but Joe was the one who really worked on his game - Joe’s had a few seasons where his standards slipped a bit, but he seems to be in the form of his life this winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    I used to have a couple of shares in racehorses trained by the late great Pat Eddery. Pat's brother Robert also worked at the stable.. I was talking to him one day about ( horse) breeding and the importance of buying one with talented relatives. He said " ah, this breeding stuff is a load of nonsense. Look at Pat. Champion Jockey umpteen times, multi-millionaire owns this wonderful stable. Then look at me . Still shoveling sh*t for a living". Robert did go on to be a trainer in his own right so maybe there is still some hope for Billy Root.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I was reading somewhere recently that Billy was the more naturally gifted brother, but Joe was the one who really worked on his game - Joe’s had a few seasons where his standards slipped a bit, but he seems to be in the form of his life this winter.
    There could be something in that and perhaps it isn't surprising if you think about it.

If you are naturally gifted at a young age and success comes naturally to you then you could easily get complacent.
    In sport, application is just as important as natural ability.
    In fact I would go so far as to say that in a sport like cricket it is probably more important.

Yes there was a period, it may have been just after he was given the England captaincy, that he struggled.
    I suppose its like most things in life to be successful you have to put in the work.

Good on Joe Root for doing just that.

To put it in perspective even though he struggled by his standards he was still averaging more than most as a Test cricketer.

Hes really on top of his game at the moment.

This year could a defining one for him as a captain and batsman , lready had a great Sri Lanka tour , if he has a good one in India , he then heads into the Ashes on fire , perhaps greatness awaits him this year , he is a very gifted batsman