+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Credit To Joe Bennett.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Credit To Joe Bennett.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    For making that run with only five minutes of normal time to play, in those conditions and still showing those levels of fitness and energy during that period in the game, what a cross and what a finish! Joe gets a bit of stick for his positional play at times and he does have this bad habit of not being aware of runners (His defending wasn't great for their goal) Although well done to Bennett for showing great character and making that run.
    More credit should go to Josh Murphy for putting it on a plate for him! Joe missed a sitter in our last match but wing back does seem to suit him rather than fullback. Morrison seems to struggle in a back three when someone take him on with pace? He and Flint are very similar players and we struggled with this formation earlier when Harris tried it out! We’ll see if it works against a side that has quick wingers!

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    More credit should go to Josh Murphy for putting it on a plate for him! Joe missed a sitter in our last match but wing back does seem to suit him rather than fullback. Morrison seems to struggle in a back three when someone take him on with pace? He and Flint are very similar players and we struggled with this formation earlier when Harris tried it out! We’ll see if it works against a side that has quick wingers!
    Yup, Murphy put the ball on a blade of grass for Bennett, and in difficult conditions, although without the hard work of Bennett in committing himself forward, when a draw would probably have been acceptable, then Murphy wouldn't have had that option. I'm concerned about our central three, it appears Mick has decided that size and presence is the order of the day, and i do think that we need someone in there who can show some comfort on the ball, a player with a bit more composure and who has the ability to move forward with the ball, a better footballer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Yup, Murphy put the ball on a blade of grass for Bennett, and in difficult conditions, although without the hard work of Bennett in committing himself forward, when a draw would probably have been acceptable, then Murphy wouldn't have had that option. I'm concerned about our central three, it appears Mick has decided that size and presence is the order of the day, and i do think that we need someone in there who can show some comfort on the ball, a player with a bit more composure and who has the ability to move forward with the ball, a better footballer.
    If we had someone to slot in for him where he is at present, Ng could be that ‘comfortable on the ball’ central defender, I’m very impressed by him so far.