+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zaha story on Wales Online

Re: Zaha story on Wales Online

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    We've relied on players feeling playing for Wales was more important that having a more than good chance of going to a tournament/doing well in a tournament. Is it fair to suggest what you have here in these circumstances? 9/10 it's an arse of a statement.

I agree that the move to Man United was a bad one for him, as well as the move here being a bad one too.
    A lot of the players who've picked us over England did so because they knew they wouldn't get into the England side, that's never particularly bothered me and I think its generally accepted by most Wales fans.

Zaha played for England at youth level and at senior level before switching to the Ivory Coast. Its fairly obvious that England were the first choice

Now I'm not saying that Zaha isn't proud to play for the Ivory Coast, but its fairly clear that England were always the first choice and had he been good enough to play for them consistently, he'd be playing for them now

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I’m not saying he’s Ronaldo ffs he’s just much better than the biased one eyed Cardiff fans on here seem to think.

But he’s been outstanding for Palace and would definitely have signed for one of the bigger London clubs if palace were so desperate to keep him.

England were picking Andros Townsend in front of him for some ridiculous reason, to say he wasn’t good enough for England is daft. Plus it’s not like Ivory Coast are shit either.
    Arsenal have spent hundreds of millions in the past few seasons, if they were that desperate for him he'd be playing for them, same for any of the other clubs he's been linked with.

I think he's a good player, just not quite good enough for one of the top sides and had he not gone to United so young he'd probably be a better player now

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Yes.

The Seamus Coleman miskick just seemed to top off a bad match. Great away trip but after Cala scored for us you almost knew there was going to be a sting in the tail.

We got denied a penalty the last time round when Coleman brought somebody down. I couldn't believe how it wasn't given at the time. Wasn't shown on too many highlights either for some reason. Certainly not MOTD.
    swings and roundabouts..
    in our game at home to everton in our first visit to the Premier , baines was hacked down in the box..ended 0.0

Overrated - especially by himself.

Unprofessional - effectively refusing to play vs Palace (in the game he was booed off here)

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    swings and roundabouts..
    in our game at home to everton in our first visit to the Premier , baines was hacked down in the box..ended 0.0
    Doesn’t count, no such thing as swings and roundabouts where the City are concerned