+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Come on. Hands up. Whos willing to admit they were wrong

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Come on. Hands up. Whos willing to admit they were wrong

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Ive just done some research and this was posted after we had just beaten Bournemouth away 2-1, our 6th win on the spin and 8th game unbeaten under Mick (Mick drew his first two) whilst scoring 15 goals in those 6 wins.

Thats my defence anyway
    And that's the point. At the time our results and performances were very impressive. I doubt there was a City fan who, at that time, was sceptical of McCarthy. Harris didn't do too bad a job, but 1 win in 8 saw him get the boot. McCarthy turned that around, got us into the playoff positions, which we subsequently squandered, but still beat the Jacks.

The following season saw us in 6th after 4 games before McCarthy wend doolally and we lost 9 of the next 10, including a club record 8 defeats on the spin.

You can only say what you see at the time. I bet many a City fan would have happily sucked off Bulut after we'd beaten the Jacks.

Re: Come on. Hands up. Whos willing to admit they were wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    And that's the point. At the time our results and performances were very impressive. I doubt there was a City fan who, at that time, was sceptical of McCarthy. Harris didn't do too bad a job, but 1 win in 8 saw him get the boot. McCarthy turned that around, got us into the playoff positions, which we subsequently squandered, but still beat the Jacks.

The following season saw us in 6th after 4 games before McCarthy wend doolally and we lost 9 of the next 10, including a club record 8 defeats on the spin.

You can only say what you see at the time. I bet many a City fan would have happily sucked off Bulut after we'd beaten the Jacks.
    Don't let him off the hook you soppy tart 😂