+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Piers Morgan has decided to leave Good Morning Britain

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Piers Morgan has decided to leave Good Morning Britain

Don’t like him much but the new TV rules mean you have to be careful about your opinions

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Don’t like him much but the new TV rules mean you have to be careful about your opinions
    Using your platform to say to 7m people that you don't believe someone when they say they felt suicidal, when your employer is in the middle of a campaign promoting mental health awareness, almost exactly a year after a presenter for that same employer killed herself because of the way she was treated by the media is clearly a pretty safe way to get the boot. It's not necessarily a bad thing to be careful with your opinions.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Using your platform to say to 7m people that you don't believe someone when they say they felt suicidal, when your employer is in the middle of a campaign promoting mental health awareness, almost exactly a year after a presenter for that same employer killed herself because of the way she was treated by the media is clearly a pretty safe way to get the boot. It's not necessarily a bad thing to be careful with your opinions.
    That is a considerable sentence

Did he specifically say that?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Did he specifically say that?
    "‘Who did you go to? What did they say to you? I’m sorry, I don’t believe a word she said, Meghan Markle. I wouldn’t believe it if she read me weather report"

"‘Who did you go to? What did they say to you? I’m sorry, I don’t believe a word she said, Meghan Markle. I wouldn’t believe it if she read me weather report"

Cheers. I can't stand the odious Piers Morgan and I don't side with either party in this bunfight.

Cheers. I can't stand the odious Piers Morgan and I don't side with either party in this bunfight.
    Same. It's all a load of trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Same. It's all a load of trash.
    Funnily enough but I don't think it's a load of trash myself. I am interested in the dynamics of an outdated institution trying to absorb outsiders who may be flaky, rational or anything else. Tensions are inevitable and the where the truth lies nobody knows. It's obviously a great risk to the royal family in trying to assimilate those of a very different ilk.

My thoughts exactly.

Odious is the right word. One thing you can maybe grudgingly say about him in a world with battle lines so clearly drawn on many issues, is that he's not afraid to be a prick to everybody, left or right - I think a lot of us enjoyed and maybe even appreciated his relentless attacks on the Government over their management of Covid.

Most of the time he's a horrible little bully though and I do think his departure from GMB sends the right statement. There's a tweet doing the rounds which I think is pretty bang on the money on why stuff like this is important, goes something like "Meghan Markle might not hear you say you don't believe her, but your friend who has had suicidal thoughts will"