+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will Ng be back on Saturday

Re: Will Ng be back on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    He gave away a penalty ? Was it Leicester in the play offs ?

That may be totally wrong , but I remember him dragging the player down like it was yesterday.
    Gave away a free kick just outside the box, score was 2-1 at the time with Steve Howard causing us all sorts of grief.
    We held on and Paul Quinn had an absolute stormer at the back.
    One of the best atmospheres at the CCS that night (after we went down to 10 men)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    He gave away a penalty ? Was it Leicester in the play offs ?

That may be totally wrong , but I remember him dragging the player down like it was yesterday.

The Playoff game you’re getting confused with Jimmy, is Dekel Keinan taking a needless penalty at home in the second leg, to Reading.

He pulled a players shirt, they scored from the penalty to make it 2-0, before half time.

We eventually lost 3-0.

Reading lost the final to Swansea 4-2

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    The Playoff game you’re getting confused with Jimmy, is Dekel Keinan taking a needless penalty at home in the second leg, to Reading.

He pulled a players shirt, they scored from the penalty to make it 2-0, before half time.

We eventually lost 3-0.

Reading lost the final to Swansea 4-2
    at our best that season was the best football we have played.

neck and neck with warnocks QPR all season, who had an absolutely inspired Adel taarabt.

but of an injury crisis at the end of the season and we didn't make it.
    I honestly think if we had gone up then we would have done well in the premier League.

we were a much better side than Reading, who were a good counterattacking side, but we gifted them the first two goals, the first I think was a howler by Stephen Bywater, who was only playing because Marshall AND Heaton were injured, and then the second was as you described a needless penalty conceded by Dekel Kenan (who wasn't first choice either)

our back 5 that day were Bywater, Kenan and McNaughton as centre backs and I think Darcy Blake and Jay Lloyd Samuel as fullbacks. that was a hell of an injury crisis.
    oh what could have been eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    at our best that season was the best football we have played.

neck and neck with warnocks QPR all season, who had an absolutely inspired Adel taarabt.

but of an injury crisis at the end of the season and we didn't make it.
    I honestly think if we had gone up then we would have done well in the premier League.

we were a much better side than Reading, who were a good counterattacking side, but we gifted them the first two goals, the first I think was a howler by Stephen Bywater, who was only playing because Marshall AND Heaton were injured, and then the second was as you described a needless penalty conceded by Dekel Kenan (who wasn't first choice either)

our back 5 that day were Bywater, Kenan and McNaughton as centre backs and I think Darcy Blake and Jay Lloyd Samuel as fullbacks. that was a hell of an injury crisis.
    oh what could have been eh?
    I think Darcy Blake would have played centreback and McNaughton right back that night.

This is how I described that first goal on my blog the following day;-

"City somehow contrived to go from what should have been a position of safety about ten yards inside their own half to one where they were presenting Long with an empty net to aim at just outside the penalty area without a Reading playing touching the ball! All of this was done in just four touches from City with each one of them being progressively more dangerous than the last. Kevin McNaughton was blameless with his unwitting header, but Keinan and Steven Bywater were both guilty of panicking and, in the latter’s case making a wrong decision to come off his line."

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    Hoilett?

StT.
    <><
    Given Mick's view on Bacuna playing as a defender, can you see him playing Hoilett there? Although in fairness that was as a full back, not wing back.