+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Socially distant sports bar podcast

Socially distant sports bar podcast

Anyone on here pay for the patron? I’m considering it. Does anyone know if it gives you access to previous episodes of the movie club spinoff?

Re: Socially distant sports bar podcast

I don't know sorry, however I am looking for new podcasts to listen to on my daily walk, would this be a good recommendation?

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    I don't know sorry, however I am looking for new podcasts to listen to on my daily walk, would this be a good recommendation?
    Its hilarious, I'm not a huge fan of podcasts generally but this one is brilliant

If your looking for a good retro football podcast the quickly Kevin one is good too it’s a 90’s based one been going for years so loads to catch up on.

Quote Originally Posted by Fancydan View Post
    If your looking for a good retro football podcast the quickly Kevin one is good too it’s a 90’s based one been going for years so loads to catch up on.
    Thanks,

My current Library is:

Football Weekly (guardian)
    Elis James - feast of football
    That Peter Crouch Podcast
    Grounded with Louis Theroux
    Philosophize this!
    Revisionist History
    Feel better, Live More - Health
    Fully Charged Plus (renewables energy/ electrification podcast)
    and Desert Island Discs.

I would recommend them all.

Thanks,

My current Library is:

Football Weekly (guardian)
    Elis James - feast of football
    Grounded with Louis Theroux
    Philosophize this!
    Revisionist History
    Feel better, Live More - Health
    Fully Charged Plus (renewables energy/ electrification podcast)
    and Desert Island Discs.

I would recommend them all.
    I do a fair few of them too. Appreciate the recommendations.

Thanks,

Isn't he bit laddy ?

Even the SDSBP can get a little bit bloke-heavy for my tastes....but it is very funny.

By far my fave to the point where I paid £8 to listen to the live one (which ironically was crap)

Worth a listen 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Isn't he bit laddy ?

Even the SDSBP can get a little bit bloke-heavy for my tastes....but it is very funny.
    Under the cosh is great, although whenever an ex-Cardiff player is on, Parkin's dislike of Mackay just takes over the pod! It's also very tabloid at times.

It's brilliant.

Hip Hop Saved My Life is also good.

Yes you do. I just signed up and listened to all 15 episodes of Michael Owen's Movie Club. The damned united probably my favourite episode.

It’s generally very, very good.

Anyone looking for a recommendation, I very much enjoy Athletico Mince (Bob Mortimer, loosely football related), Top Flight Time Machine (Starts football related, veers very much away from it) & Beef & Dairy Network (very surreal).

Sweet Bobby's good if you like an investigation https://www.tortoisemedia.com/listen/sweet-bobby/

When Saturday Comes podcast is my kind of thing. Tends to be more football quirky and light-hearted. They're also on Patreon for support and there are various perks if you do.

The Football Cliches Podcast is highly recommended. It's quite niche but on-the-mark every week with their observations and musings. I find myself agreeing with so much of what is said. They also shine a regular spotlight on the ramblings of Richard Keys, so gets an even bigger tick from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    When Saturday Comes podcast is my kind of thing. Tends to be more football quirky and light-hearted. They're also on Patreon for support and there are various perks if you do.
    Just been listening to Episode 53 and Andy Dibble gets a mention early on, though it is in relation to a regular weekly feature about confectionary in football and the history of various snacks! It's hard to explain! They were talking about Munchies (not THE munchies).

Is Drakeford a subscriber he loves social distancing