+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chris Wilder gone from Sheff Utd

Re: Chris Wilder gone from Sheff Utd

Has he left yet?

Quote Originally Posted by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead View Post
    Could you imagine if this club had done something like that?

Oh wait...
    Sheffield United may have done this whilst already in the Premier League, after surviving their first season comfortably. Instead of looking to consolidate their Premier League status using the approximate £220m TV revenue they will have received over the two years, they appear to have deliberately pursued a policy of signing Championship quality players. How is that in any way comparable to what City have done.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    How you can continually criticise anyone on here who has a differing opinion, is mind boggling, given how clueless many of your post’s are!
    The fact that you think my posts are clueless, bearing in mind the vast volume of anti Cardiff City rubbish you post on here, is rather ironic. I was actually engaging in a thread about another clubs manager with my opinion on what was happening there. They have signed 5 players this season, from Championship clubs who are struggling this season, which tends to prove what Chris Wilder said was correct. That is not the way to guarantee survival in the Premier League for a club that has aspirations to stay there for a third season in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    What's the point of getting promoted if a club sacks a manager when there is a threat of relegation. Wilder has done a great job and should be thanked not sacked.
    The point is you stay in the Premier League. At all costs. And if you can't do that, you bet on coming back up ASAP. Chris Wilder has had a ****ing mare this season, there's no way he brings them back up next year. They should have sacked him in December.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    That's ludicrous.
    Who the hell does something like that?

It's like saying someone like say Man U selling one of their young players for a million then a few years later buying him back for £80m.
    It just doesn't happ....

oh errrrm...
    No, It isn't. You can't compare Sheffield Utd to Manchester Utd on those terms.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    The fact that you think my posts are clueless, bearing in mind the vast volume of anti Cardiff City rubbish you post on here, is rather ironic. I was actually engaging in a thread about another clubs manager with my opinion on what was happening there. They have signed 5 players this season, from Championship clubs who are struggling this season, which tends to prove what Chris Wilder said was correct. That is not the way to guarantee survival in the Premier League for a club that has aspirations to stay there for a third season in a row.
    To be fair, you are 'in the know' about Sheffield United.

How many millions was it that you said that they paid in loan fees for Gary Madine?

Just respond once, dml

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    No, It isn't. You can't compare Sheffield Utd to Manchester Utd on those terms.
    Why? It has nothing to do with who the team happens to be, it's the recruitment of both clubs that is in question.

However, it could be argued that in both cases the club's they went to developed them and made them much better players.