+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dillon Phillips

Re: Dillon Phillips

Hartleys right what he's saying though Bluejay

The lad has saved penalties and had a super stop earlier from Sarr .

I seem to remember Smithies having a mare before his injury.

Phillips has done fine leave him in .

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluejay View Post
    You really are an arrogant pr1ck aren’t you.
    You’ve nailed him, in one.

JR Halfwit, more like.

People on this thread saying it was a brilliant free kick. It wasn’t.

It was
    A - a poor free kick given away by NG, who was also partially culpable for the first goal, with his lower league defending.

B- Phillips didn’t put enough men in the wall, or position it properly.

C - Terrible goal tending where he threw himself to the ground the wrong way, and flapped an arm in the air. If he’d stood still, it would have hit him.

D - The Watford player hit it hard, it was in no way a great free kick.

E - MM seems to have so much brain damage from heading the ball, he didn’t even think it was Phillips fault.

Phillips has made some decent saves and acquitted himself well in covering for Smithies.

But, whilst MM praised him for a couple of penalty saves the other week in a game we were already a couple of goals up in, this was a monumental howler, that cost us a point and changed the Playoff landscape.

We’ve gone from two wins out of the Playoffs, to three.

I’d bring Smithies back in. He only lost his place due to illness.

One player performs poorly costs us the game, so surely the guy waiting patiently who’d arguably been one of our best players this season, deserves the chance to re-stake his claim.

And isn’t that what competition for places is about?

If the team were due to play in the Playoff final at Wembley, most of us would pick Smithies in goal.

So pick the best keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post

It was
    A - a poor free kick given away by NG, who was also partially culpable for the first goal, with his lower league defending.

C - Terrible goal tending where he threw himself to the ground the wrong way, and flapped an arm in the air. If he’d stood still, it would have hit him.

E - MM seems to have so much brain damage from heading the ball, he didn’t even think it was Phillips fault.

Phillips has made some decent saves and acquitted himself well in covering for Smithies.

But, whilst MM praised him for a couple of penalty saves the other week in a game we were already a couple of goals up in, this was a monumental howler, that cost us a point and changed the Playoff landscape.

One player performs poorly costs us the game, so surely the guy waiting patiently who’d arguably been one of our best players this season, deserves the chance to re-stake his claim.

If the team were due to play in the Playoff final at Wembley, most of us would pick Smithies in goal.

So pick the best keeper.
    Smithies has cost us goals due to errors to.

I agree, pick the best keeper on this season’s form, so Phillips stays in.

Agree that Philips should stay in the team but anyone who thinks that Watfords second goal was anything but a disastrous bit of goalkeeping incompetence quite frankly need their heads examined. My immediate reaction was thank God he's hit it straight at the keeper followed by an Oprah Winfrey style waaaht.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewsbury Blue View Post
    Agree that Philips should stay in the team but anyone who thinks that Watfords second goal was anything but a disastrous bit of goalkeeping incompetence quite frankly need their heads examined. My immediate reaction was thank God he's hit it straight at the keeper followed by an Oprah Winfrey style waaaht.
    If it was Bruce Grobbelaar, he’d have been up in court for throwing the game!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post

It was

So pick the best keeper.
    Results before Phillips came in, with Smithies in goal:-----

Cardiff 0-Abertawe Town 2
    Cardiff 3-Brum 2 (conceded 2 against a team in the lower reaches)
    Norwich2-Cardiff 0
    Cardiff 2-Brentford 3
    Wycombe2-Cardiff1

See the pattern emerging ?
    Cardiff 1-Norwich 2
    Cardiff 0-QPR 1

Smithies is a good keeper, but so is Phillips

Question:----

With the cheating Abertawe Town coming up and the cheating Abertawe Town getting loads of pelanties by diving, WHO WOULD YOU WANT IN GOAL ON SATURDAY ?

OK, I know you'll say Smithies, as you've backed yourself into a corner, but most would say Phillips

I dont think Phillips should lose his place for that mistake and Im happy with him in goal.

However I think Smithies is the better keeper.

I think we are lucky to have 2 good keepers, Phillips now needs to remove any doubt from people's minds and get back to his best.

For anyone to suggest that was anything other than a huge blunder tho is strange for me. Yes the free kick was hit in at pace but you would expect any keeper to have saved that. Mistakes happen but let's not pretend it wasn't a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I dont think Phillips should lose his place for that mistake and Im happy with him in goal.

However I think Smithies is the better keeper.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Results before Phillips came in, with Smithies in goal:-----

Cardiff 0-Abertawe Town 2
    Cardiff 3-Brum 2 (conceded 2 against a team in the lower reaches)
    Norwich2-Cardiff 0
    Cardiff 2-Brentford 3
    Wycombe2-Cardiff1

See the pattern emerging ?
    Cardiff 1-Norwich 2
    Cardiff 0-QPR 1

Smithies is a good keeper, but so is Phillips

Question:----

With the cheating Abertawe Town coming up and the cheating Abertawe Town getting loads of pelanties by diving, WHO WOULD YOU WANT IN GOAL ON SATURDAY ?

OK, I know you'll say Smithies, as you've backed yourself into a corner, but most would say Phillips

Just thought I'd bump this