+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nazannin Ratcliffe

Re: Nazannin Ratcliffe

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    the Iranian court literally quoted Boris Johnson during her trial
    That’s because they ain’t got anything else on her, so as I said this is down to Iran and Iran alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    That’s because they ain’t got anything else on her, so as I said this is down to Iran and Iran alone.
    so if they haven't got anything else on her, if he hadn't said that they wouldn't have had anything on her at all?

so if they haven't got anything else on her, if he hadn't said that they wouldn't have had anything on her at all?
    You justify it all you want but anyone with an ounce of common sense will see right through this.

You justify it all you want but anyone with an ounce of common sense will see right through this.
    Johnson's idiocy made a situation caused by Iran's callousness much worse than it should have been. Still if you were a Johnson apologist looking for scapegoats you could do worse than follow LoM's lead and try to pin it on the poor woman herself!

https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.ph...=1#post4805078

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Johnson's idiocy made a situation caused by Iran's callousness much worse than it should have been. Still if you were a Johnson apologist looking for scapegoats you could do worse than follow LoM's lead and try to pin it on the poor woman herself!

I don't know anything about the case other than what has been in the UK press, so how can we be so sure that no crime has been committed? There appears to be a complete disregard for the Iranian judicial system, and whilst there may be merit in your claim that Nazannin Ratcliffe is a pawn in a political game, it smacks of racism and xenophobia to think that Iran does not have a robust judicial system that follows due process. and FWIW I have no idea if they do or not, but I've not seen any evidence to suggest that this is the case.

Much worse don’t make me laugh some on here just want to bash Boris for anything. If you want to talk apologist then we need to look at labours last 3 leaders. Milliband, Corbyn and this clown.

Much worse don’t make me laugh some on here just want to bash Boris for anything. If you want to talk apologist then we need to look at labours last 3 leaders. Milliband, Corbyn and this clown.
    You will need to explain your apologist whataboutery in relation to this as I have no idea what you are talking about.

You will need to explain your apologist whataboutery in relation to this as I have no idea what you are talking about.
    Steady now Cyril - I think you’ll find that you brought up apologists.

is this a parody account?

Feedback

whataboutery - when someone refuses to see parallels that are relevant or doesn't want to accept there may be other forces at play.

Feedback

is this a parody account?
    I don't know, is it?

Steady now Cyril - I think you’ll find that you brought up apologists.
    Yep. LoM producing an argument that the lady shouldn't have gone to Iran in the first place in a thread criticising Boris Johnson for his actions. The bit I don't get is what Milliband, Corbyn and Starmer have to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    whataboutery - when someone refuses to see parallels that are relevant or doesn't want to accept there may be other forces at play.
    Like making parallels to infanticide when there is a thread about the murder of a grown female you mean?

Yep. LoM producing an argument that the lady shouldn't have gone to Iran in the first place in a thread criticising Boris Johnson for his actions. The bit I don't get is what Milliband, Corbyn and Starmer have to do with it.
    Yeh, its my fault

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    What a despicable country Iran is, why hasn’t our government and the UN done more for her

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56390394
    How do you ‘force’ a despot Government to give back someone who they are clearly holding hostage for no reason, without actually declaring war and going to get her back, during which she would probably be killed anyway. Answers on a postcard please.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    How do you ‘force’ a despot Government to give back someone who they are clearly holding hostage for no reason, without actually declaring war and going to get her back, during which she would probably be killed anyway. Answers on a postcard please.
    Well if I had the answers I probably wouldn’t be posting on here about the poor woman’s situation, she’d be free. Where has declaring war been mentioned?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Follow the money and freeze the assets.

Follow the money and freeze the assets.
    are you aware how long there have been economic sanctions against Iran?

Feedback

Like making parallels to infanticide when there is a thread about the murder of a grown female you mean?
    we don't assume all mothers are going to kill their new borns, therefore we shouldn't assume all men are going to harm women. it was a simple enough parallel. You can only begin to imagine my shock to find out you're struggling with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    we don't assume all mothers are going to kill their new borns, therefore we shouldn't assume all men are going to harm women. it was a simple enough parallel. You can only begin to imagine my shock to find out you're struggling with it.
    I'd forgotten how easily you shock

Feedback

I'd forgotten how easily you shock
    you're confusing me with someone else.

are you aware how long there have been economic sanctions against Iran?
    Yeah I am aware, im also aware that a lot more targeting and freezing of assets could be done.

Yeah I am aware, im also aware that a lot more targeting and freezing of assets could be done.
    I'm pretty sure they don't have an account in the NatWest mate

I'm pretty sure they don't have an account in the NatWest mate
    They like spending it in places like London Paris and New York though same as the Russians.