+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 52 deaths due to Coivid in UK Reported Yesterday

52 deaths due to Coivid in UK Reported Yesterday

Gosh that is very low , I need a pint

Re: 52 deaths due to Coivid in UK Reported Yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    With warped celebratory sentiments like that it sounds like you've already had one.

On a day when a poll puts Boris Johnson on a positive personal rating for the first time since May, you show exactly the sort of thinking which leads to a situation like that - fifty two families and hundreds, if not thousands, of friends are in mourning today, but you go ahead and have your pint to celebrate.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    On a day when a poll puts Boris Johnson on a positive personal rating for the first time since May, you show exactly the sort of thinking which leads to a situation like that - fifty two families and hundreds, if not thousands, of friends are in mourning today, but you go ahead and have your pint to celebrate.
    Isn't it incredible that after all the bungs to mates, lies, corruption, law breaks and deaths the Tories gain further in popularity.

Quote Originally Posted by Welshcake. View Post
    Isn't it incredible that after all the bungs to mates, lies, corruption, law breaks and deaths the Tories gain further in popularity.
    Truly incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Welshcake. View Post
    the opposition aren't going on the offensive at all at the moment.
    I can only hope that it is on purpose, and they are keeping their powder dry until after the pandemic to try to land some hits, rather than what I fear in that they are just ineffectual

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    the opposition aren't going on the offensive at all at the moment.
    I can only hope that it is on purpose, and they are keeping their powder dry until after the pandemic to try to land some hits, rather than what I fear in that they are just ineffectual
    I'm not so sure about that, I see Starmer asking questions Boris cant/wont answer and generally making him look like a fool every week at PMQ's. The media are down playing Labour's response, what more can they do as the opposition?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    With warped celebratory sentiments like that it sounds like you've already had one.
    Oh yes or two lol

The deaths were in there thousands , feel its improving , its not a celebration its a recognition of improvement , people though history have raised a glass at funerals or awful events in memory or a passing , without being criticised .

And yes I will rise a glass to everyone when its over as will millions of others its a natural human trait .

The deaths were in there thousands , feel its improving , its not a celebration its a recognition of improvement , people though history have raised a glass at funerals or awful events in memory or a passing , without being criticised .

And yes I will rise a glass to everyone when its over as will millions of others its a natural human trait .
    I didn't see anything wrong with your OP. There is positivity in infections and deaths decreasing.

It's likely that England win the Euros this/last year (6/7 games at home, better talent than before with players who actually like each other - only a dodgy manager and being overplayed this year can stop them) so what's already being described as "a summer of fun" will only become even more extreme. It would be wrong for people in the UK to think covid is over (many poorer countries will need us to step up our efforts to support them, outcome and implications of behaviour during covid shouldn't be forgotten, could see a much worse flu season or new variant which knocks us back a few steps) despite what will be high levels of relief and some happiness.

Truly incredible.
    Does it....
    a) show how stupid us Brits all are or
    b) show us there is no real opposition or
    c) no one gives one as nothing really ever changes anyway, robbing peter to pay paul as the old saying goes.....

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I didn't see anything wrong with your OP. There is positivity in infections and deaths decreasing.

It's likely that England win the Euros this/last year (6/7 games at home, better talent than before with players who actually like each other - only a dodgy manager and being overplayed this year can stop them) so what's already being described as "a summer of fun" will only become even more extreme. It would be wrong for people in the UK to think covid is over (many poorer countries will need us to step up our efforts to support them, outcome and implications of behaviour during covid shouldn't be forgotten, could see a much worse flu season or new variant which knocks us back a few steps) despite what will be high levels of relief and some happiness.
    Thanks , sometimes its good to be positive . I know a few lads who have lost folk to Covid , they too are pushing this positive news which is a wonderful thing to hear , they too are wishing for a pint to toast there memory

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Does it....
    a) show how stupid us Brits all are or
    b) show us there is no real opposition or
    c) no one gives one as nothing really ever changes anyway, robbing peter to pay paul as the old saying goes.....
    Category A, I make no comment on, category B is always trotted out and makes no sense - there's always an opposition. and so many of those who fall into category C always vote always seem to vote for the same party.

Ourf figures still don't look great compared to many other countries and it's a measure of how badly we've done that fifty two deaths is seen as a reason for celebration.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Also, I'll raise a glass to everyone when it's over, but that's not what you said in your first post is it.

Ourf figures still don't look great compared to many other countries and it's a measure of how badly we've done that fifty two deaths is seen as a reason for celebration.

Also, I'll raise a glass to everyone when it's over, but that's not what you said in your first post is it.
    Apologies I thought it was , I've posted again below for clarity ,sorry for using your term i'll raise glass

" Gosh that is very low , I need a pint"

This board can be prickly at times.

Sorry for my positiveness

Apologies I thought it was , I've posted again below for clarity ,sorry for using your term i'll raise glass

" Gosh that is very low , I need a pint"

This board can be prickly at times.

Sorry for my positiveness
    A couple of days ago you responded to the news that golf courses in Wales were opening in the following positive manner:

Got a fairways to go though as there is still the 5 mile rule so only for the rich ones who have a links at the bottom of the garden ,thanks Mark for looking after the normal people.

Little wonder people question the sincerity of your explanations when you seen unable to maintain a consistent thought pattern over a few days.

I was reading an article recently of how comparing countries isn’t probably the best way to measure success.

I’d always be the first to criticise this government and there is no argument from me that we’ve handled this poorly.

But we do have an over weight population who are very susceptible to the virus. We also have a very old population thanks to the nhs and we are also a very densely populated country.

So whilst we have handled it poorly especially on the lead up to Christmas comparing our deaths to other countries maybe is the best metric to judge.

Also there I think there is a floor for number fo deaths from this especially due to the seasonal effect so I’m not sure how likely we ever are to see single figures again.

Category A, I make no comment on, category B is always trotted out and makes no sense - there's always an opposition. and so many of those who fall into category C always vote always seem to vote for the same party.
    Category B makes plenty of sense.
    There is absolutely no viable opposition to the Tories at the moment.
    The UK is crying out for a new young dynamic figurehead to look to for salvation, but there is nobody even on the horizon.
    At the moment, the Tories can run roughshod through any city they want in the UK with all guns blazing. and the poor townsfolk only have peashooters to repel them.

its great news that its getting so low, of course any death is sad, but only a month or so ago it was more than 10 times that

shows how well the government has done since Christmas, must have been a hard call to shut everything down and keep on with furlough and all the help they are providing

time to open the country up

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    its great news that its getting so low, of course any death is sad, but only a month or so ago it was more than 10 times that

shows how well the government has done since Christmas, must have been a hard call to shut everything down and keep on with furlough and all the help they are providing

time to open the country up
    Don’t think we can do it quickly until we know things won’t go back up and vaccines are working.

It’s why the 5 week intervals are important.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Don’t think we can do it quickly until we know things won’t go back up and vaccines are working.

It’s why the 5 week intervals are important.
    Yea i agree with the 5 week gaps, but we do need to be opening it up, yes at the gov's timetable, but lets get it going

The Labour And Liberal parties are done , finished

The 60 percent of the population that didn't vote for the tory clowns need to accept this

The only way to snub their rifles , Eton ones of course , is to form a left of centre democratic party ......not a bad idea for a name ......and unite against them

It might not be the left wing Labour party I would be attracted to but its 2021 and there is no opposition to the tories and that opposition to the tories is split

Labour , Plaid , Liberals , Greens , independents , SNP .....I hate sturgeon and her crew , silly twats .....and plaid are living in the age of druids

Drop it all , fold the parties and get a united opposition

Or just be ruled by toffs

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Yea i agree with the 5 week gaps, but we do need to be opening it up, yes at the gov's timetable, but lets get it going
    Schools opening this week were it getting going

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Category B makes plenty of sense.
    There is absolutely no viable opposition to the Tories at the moment.
    The UK is crying out for a new young dynamic figurehead to look to for salvation, but there is nobody even on the horizon.
    At the moment, the Tories can run roughshod through any city they want in the UK with all guns blazing. and the poor townsfolk only have peashooters to repel them.
    Let's look at Category B then. There are plenty of left wing parties to vote for if you're so inclined, ones further to the right than the Conservatives, ones that offer radically different policies to the UK Government on the environment if that's your thing, ones that offer independence for Wales if you want it - you may not fall into that category, but an awful lot of people who bemoan the lack of opposition to a Government use that as a reason to vote for said Government, it makes no sense at all.

Also, according to you, "the Tories can run roughshod through any city they want in the UK". Well, is that really true in Wales? To hear some on here talk, Wales is run by the Labour Party and, given how they responded late last year when the WAG was, rightly in my view, being criticised for how they came out of the Firebreak lockdown they had imposed in October/November, they didn't think they were being ruled by the Conservative Party. Indeed the poster who brought up the subject of the three categories, is keen on calling the leader of the WAG, Kim Jung Drakeford which hardly suggests that he thinks of him as a powerless puppet of the UK Government.

The UK and Welsh Governments have both hit the vaccine targets they set for themselves (they'd hardly have set ones they were not confident of reaching) and are now following broadly similar policies when it comes to Covid - at the fourth time of asking, Johnson's Government have finally realised that they are in a situation where they cannot run before they can walk and are therefore being more cautious than they have been. Yet, there is a core of posters on here who still rush to the UK Government's defence, while also being quick to criticise the WAG when they can - in some cases, their attitude towards what can be called cock ups and failures differs depending on who is responsible for them, while others who acknowledge UK Government failures give the impression that they will make little difference to how they will vote at the next election.

Categories B and C are, in the majority of cases, just convenient excuses to justify the way someone votes.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I was reading an article recently of how comparing countries isn’t probably the best way to measure success.

I’d always be the first to criticise this government and there is no argument from me that we’ve handled this poorly.

But we do have an over weight population who are very susceptible to the virus. We also have a very old population thanks to the nhs and we are also a very densely populated country.

So whilst we have handled it poorly especially on the lead up to Christmas comparing our deaths to other countries maybe is the best metric to judge.

Also there I think there is a floor for number fo deaths from this especially due to the seasonal effect so I’m not sure how likely we ever are to see single figures again.
    So, are you saying the UK's high death toll was inevitable? I happen to think that seeing fifty two deaths in a day as a reason for celebration is tantamount to an admission of failure.