+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How can anyone have any belief in Mick McCarthy, after that garbage served up tonight?

Re: How can anyone have any belief in Mick McCarthy, after that garbage served up tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Anthony, you have lost the audience by going over the top .
    There are plenty who agree with you , plenty who may not agree altogether but are wary what going forward is going to look like under the current regime .
    I March to the beat of my own drum, Jimmy.

I never look for or covet, popularity.

This board is so full of impotent happy clapper supporters, they aren’t even having a meltdown over MM’s post game comments.

For me the top two will be Norwich and Watford, and of all the permutations for the Playoffs I don’t think a single side is outstanding, they are much of a muchness with no team to fear, the most open Playoffs in years.

Therefore, when we desperately needed the win and MM’s substitutions were abysmal, and he was asked the question post game why he didn’t send some attackers on and earlier to go for the win, he said he didn’t want to lose the game!

FFS Stoke were shite, we should have been throwing the kitchen sink at them, not settling for a point.

I read elsewhere that Ipswich fans were frustrated that he sets out not to lose, as opposed to winning, and his use (or lack of) subs, was terrible.

After watching the ‘performances’ in five of the last six games, his negativity on the sidelines and his post game comments last night, he isn’t for me.

When you start to accept and expect mediocrity, them mediocrity is what you’ll get.

I’d also add I can’t stand his up his own backside condescending flippant responses to some of the questions he’s been asked, by local media since he got the permanent contract.

The one about what supporters know horse/camel was a case in point.

The club have missed an opportunity to take us forward, appointing him.

As regards the alleged enquiry that panicked them in to giving him the contract, our lot are so clueless they probably fell for MM’s agent, pretending to be Celtic!

At the moment, I doubt I’ll renew my season ticket with him in charge.

Re: How can anyone have any belief in Mick McCarthy, after that garbage served up tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    Therefore, when we desperately needed the win and MM’s substitutions were abysmal, and he was asked the question post game why he didn’t send some attackers on and earlier to go for the win, he said he didn’t want to lose the game!
    Settling for a point in our current situation was pretty pathetic.

I think we were all disappointed last night, some disappointed even during the unbeaten run, some disappointed with McCarthy’s appointment but the OP is obsessed, it’s a wonder he hasn’t run out of ink

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Also, the award for the longest ever, rambling, load of drivel, post must go to .......YOU, after this latest effort.
    I need to up my game a little Now does anyone want to hear about the time in disney I . . . ........

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I can be the only one that didn't bother reading the OP
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Anthony, you have lost the audience by going over the top .
    There are plenty who agree with you , plenty who may not agree altogether but are wary what going forward is going to look like under the current regime .
    You’ve confirmed he’s who I thought he was Jimmy - he’s been playing this character under different guises for close to a decade, at least, so it’s impossible to take what he says seriously.

"This board is so full of impotent happy clapper supporters, they aren’t even having a meltdown over MM’s post game comments"

Must have more meltdowns, got it.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    You’ve confirmed he’s who I thought he was Jimmy - he’s been playing this character under different guises for close to a decade, at least, so it’s impossible to take what he says seriously.
    Hey Columbo, no different guises for me, I’ve only ever had this one ID.

Though if you want to put your money where your mouth is and have a £100 bet with the loser paying it to a cancer charity, let’s get it on?

I’m sure the forum administrator Mr Morris, can clarify.

Of course you won’t take the bet, it’s just your usual BS.

Talking of different guises weren’t you the man who wrote a few tedious columns for the Echo that were so boring, they canned you.

You still didn’t get the message that people don’t want to read that inane, bland, stuff, as you keep posting them on here looking for validation from a few sycophants to say .....’Good piece Bob.’

In fairness, they usually are if you’re an insomniac Zzzzzzzzz!

As I’ve told you previously, it would be more apt if your user name was.......’Boring Bob Wilson.’

Let me know about that bet that’ll benefit a cancer charity, eh?

Though if you want to put your money where your mouth is and have a £100 bet with the loser paying it to a cancer charity, let’s get it on?

Talking of different guises weren’t you the man who wrote a few tedious columns for the Echo that were so boring, they canned you.

You still didn’t get the message that people don’t want to read that inane, bland, stuff, as you keep posting them on here looking for validation from a few sycophants to say .....’Good piece Bob.’

As I’ve told you previously, it would be more apt if your user name was.......’Boring Bob Wilson.’

I would rather read TOBW’s posts on here than the crap you peddle, even if they were as bad as you say.

I would rather read TOBW’s posts on here than the crap you peddle, even if they were as bad as you say.
    Thank you for validating my point.

By the way, I’m flattered how you follow me from thread to thread.

Some might say you have an obsession with me, but It’s great to have a stalker.

I appreciate the attention.

I always read bobs reports , an impartial view of the game

Some people talk utter shite about cardiff city and just appear when we are having bad results

But I stick to music and women and talk utter shite about that

We are just as God made us

Out of interest, what would the bet be? Whether or not Bob has any belief in Mick McCarthy? I'll take that bet.

Looking at the post count of contributors who joined the board around the same time as BB23 is quite telling re. The club’s success in those years. His post count compared to others is way lower, seeing as he only posts when he reckons things are rough the calculations point to the last 13 years being a bit of a purple patch in our history.

Stoke have lost four of their last five, and have three wins in the last 16 games.

As poor as they are, and they were dire, they could have won it in injury time.

This was a must win game to have a chance of making the Playoffs, so I expected the team to come out fired up from the start and going for it, against a team out of form and lacking in confidence.

Instead, we came out lacking any passion, heart or desire, and played as if it was a pre-season friendly.

They played like a bunch of individuals, and the amount of times the ball was kicked aimlessly down field, or in to touch was shocking.

Around 10 minutes in a Stoke player overran the ball, and he went in to touch. The ball was by the byline and Sang with no one around him, could have took a touch and ran forward or played it in field. But, instead, he just needlessly kicked it in to touch. This was a portent of the dross, to follow.

This team was full of players who couldn’t pass a ball, and couldn’t cross a ball. We even put a promising free kick and a corner, straight out of play.

My biggest issue tonight and why McCarthy has now lost me, is his substitutions. The lack of, and poor choices.

The first half was abysmal, so I expected at least two subs at half time, to give us some energy and to try and change the game.

Instead, in a must win game, and with a lifeless performance from most of the team, he allowed it to drift on with no urgency, and didn’t make a substitution until the 74th minute. Why?

Even then, when we were desperately in need of a goal to win it, he could have made a double substitution and brought on any one of a number of goal scoring options like Hoilett, Murphy or Wilson. Instead, he brings off an attacker and brings on that goal scoring super sub, Johnny Williams!

He then didn’t make another substitution, until giving Wilson six minutes at the end. Pointless!

With players as abysmal as these playing continually, what does Hoilett have to do to get a game? He is a quality performer who can pitch in with a goal, or create something. He should have had a minimum, 30 minutes tonight.

Moore never gets a meaningful cross played in to him in the box, nor a meaningful pass threaded through. All he had tonight was a couple of balls kicked forward from 40 yards out. Granted, he should have scored at least one. But, he’s totally isolated and there’s no one playing around him. Why not try two up top, someone to play off him?

This was complete and utter garbage from the team and McCarthy tonight, as it has been in four of the last five games.

The football (or lack of) makes your eyes bleed, and the majority of them are stealing a living.

If the board want a man to create a hard working team to ensure mid table mediocrity, he’s a good appointment.

If they were hoping for a manager to mould a team in to playing good football and making us serious promotion contenders, Mick McCarthy is not that man.

He is not improving these players, which is what a decent coach does.

This team is moulded in his own personality. Dour, limited and lacking in any imagination, or flair.

When he was appointed, an Ipswich and Ireland supporting friend each messaged me to say he’s terrible, and the supporters couldn’t wait to see the back of him. I can see why.

He was a decent short term appointment, and that’s what he should have stayed. He should never have prematurely been given a two year contract. It should have been reviewed at the end of the season, as initially announced.

Personally, I like Mick McCarthy as an individual, and as a pundit.

But, as Cardiff City manager, no thanks.

And to think we might have two seasons of this anti-football rubbish, from this managerial dinosaur!
    Look, let's be thankful Russell Slade's not the manager

Thank you for validating my point.

By the way, I’m flattered how you follow me from thread to thread.

Some might say you have an obsession with me, but It’s great to have a stalker.

I appreciate the attention.
    I didn't validate your point. Your grasp of the correct use and meaning of the English Language obviously needs improvement. I thought that the whole point of a forum board like this was to respond to posts made by other people, particularly if you disagree with them.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Out of interest, what would the bet be? Whether or not Bob has any belief in Mick McCarthy? I'll take that bet.
    Read his post, he makes out I post under different username’s, over the years.

I didn't validate your point. Your grasp of the correct use and meaning of the English Language obviously needs improvement. I thought that the whole point of a forum board like this was to respond to posts made by other people, particularly if you disagree with them.
    I really should take out a restraining order against you.

People with a modicum of intelligence who disagree with someone’s viewpoint on a forum attack the post, not the poster.

How about instead of your obsession with me, you try and articulate your own views about football.

But, try and keep it factual hey, not the usual BS you post where anyone with half a brain calls you out for stuff you make up like.......Sheffield United haven’t spent any money.

Oh how we laughed, when another poster said, actually they’ve spent £125 million over two seasons!

Quote Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
    Look, let's be thankful Russell Slade's not the manager
    Too true.

Though in fairness, he took an absolute shite City side, to eighth in the one season.

I really should take out a restraining order against you.

People with a modicum of intelligence who disagree with someone’s viewpoint on a forum attack the post, not the poster.

How about instead of your obsession with me, you try and articulate your own views about football.

But, try and keep it factual hey, not the usual BS you post where anyone with half a brain calls you out for stuff you make up like.......Sheffield United haven’t spent any money.

Oh how we laughed, when another poster said, actually they’ve spent £125 million over two seasons!
    I think you should practice what you preach. You continually attack other people on this board and not their posts, including me in the Sheffield Utd topic that you mention. Also, if you had actually read my post on that matter, instead of relying on what someone else had said afterwards (interestingly you think that person only has half a brain cell, which just about sums up your attitude on this forum), you would have noticed that my post had nothing to do with what Sheffield United had spent. It was about their manager stating on TV that they had been pursuing a policy of signing championship quality players this season, so they would have no problems next year if they were relegated. I thought that policy was a bit odd, bearing in mind that they had a good previous season and had earned over £240m in TV rights money over the period. How much they had spent was actually nothing to do with it but if me saying they hadn't spent much was wrong, then I apologise for offending you. Perhaps you should have got involved in that thread about the football issues, instead of slagging me off. Less of the ‘we’ as well by the way, I think that you are pretty much on your own on here with your disgusting attitude towards the team, manager and club that you say that you support.