+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pack and Flint

Pack and Flint

2 of the most maligned players previously but 2 of the best performers since MM came in. Risk paid off by MM to put Morrison into an unnatural position as he’s good enough to adapt to accommodate Flint.

As I was first to criticise before only fair that I give credit when due.

Only Ralls left now to make me eat my words

Re: Pack and Flint

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    2 of the most maligned players previously but 2 of the best performers since MM came in. Risk paid off by MM to put Morrison into an unnatural position as he’s good enough to adapt to accommodate Flint.

As I was first to criticise before only fair that I give credit when due.

Only Ralls left now to make me eat my words
    2 of the best performers is stretching it a bit.

They are both rubbish.

Pack is incredibly slow and only can pass a short square ball, the game passes him by.

Flint is a better defender in the oppositions box than ours (what happened to him being worth a few goals at set pieces?).

That one pass/up and under today in the first half, where just inside our half he wellied it up in the air!

It’s probably still orbiting the earth.

I think Flint has been solid since he came back into the team.

Flint has done what Flint does well, although he hasn't score yet, and shown why he's still well thought of in this division. Flint has also shown why he keeps getting picked up by the same sort of clubs (Boro under Pulis, Cardiff under Warnock, Wednesday under Monk) and not a Brentford or Norwich.

I have been one of Pack's biggest critics but he was one of our best performers during that 11-game unbeaten run. I think we're (usually) a better side when he plays, too. When he comes deep to take the ball off the centre backs, it stops them from launching it into orbit. If we could sign a player who does what Pack does but quicker and with more consistency in their passing, it would fix a lot of our problems.

Flint I have to disagree with, though. I get why some fans like him; he was a top pro when frozen out by Harris, and he is good aerially. But he's too much of a liability defensively for me. While similar, I don't think he has the composure or versatility that Morrison does. If Brown can finish the season strongly and show that's he good enough for this level, I'd like to see him moved on in the summer.

Thing is lack of pace is such an issue especially when we were playing such rigid formations. We only ever played a back four and it still goes without saying that Morrison and Flint should not be a partnership in a flat back four.
    Pack similar, his issue is lack of pace all to often holding onto and losing the ball..... With 3 Cbs behind him in this set up its less likely to cost us.

I still think we need better than them to progress but the new formation certainly helps them more than under previous managers.

I think Flint has been the more improved out of the two .