+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Guess who Scott Parker thinks play like Leeds!

Guess who Scott Parker thinks play like Leeds!

Very interesting comparison made by the Fulham manager in his pre game media meeting yesterday before their game with Leeds tonight;-

"It's tough, they're a very good side. A unique side in the way they play and set up. You don't come across it a lot. We experienced it a couple of times last year with Leeds and Cardiff who play similar ways. The intensity with which Leeds play is always one you need to match. We understand fully what Leeds bring, their energy and the intensity of the game. We're looking forward to the game, it's a good game, big game and we're raring to go."

I suppose that we have an intensity about us when we're playing well and we can come at you in waves, but I'm struggling to see a comparison apart from that - especially in terms of the number of players we commit to the opposition penalty area in open play.

Re: Guess who Scott Parker thinks play like Leeds!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Very interesting comparison made by the Fulham manager in his pre game media meeting yesterday before their game with Leeds tonight;-

"It's tough, they're a very good side. A unique side in the way they play and set up. You don't come across it a lot. We experienced it a couple of times last year with Leeds and Cardiff who play similar ways. The intensity with which Leeds play is always one you need to match. We understand fully what Leeds bring, their energy and the intensity of the game. We're looking forward to the game, it's a good game, big game and we're raring to go."

I suppose that we have an intensity about us when we're playing well and we can come at you in waves, but I'm struggling to see a comparison apart from that - especially in terms of the number of players we commit to the opposition penalty area in open play.
    well under mm we are certainly not giving the opposition as much time to play out from the back , we are more at them

Perhaps he's referring to distance run or number of sprints or something related to pressuring, as those are all areas that Leeds stand out in. Certainly what we are doing when we have the ball isn't that similar.

Cant see it myself. Without the ball maybe. Certainly not with the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    well under mm we are certainly not giving the opposition as much time to play out from the back , we are more at them
    Hes talking about last season ya clown

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Hes talking about last season ya clown
    I have only just woken up , don't kick a man when he's down

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I have only just woken up , don't kick a man when he's down
    Youve been sleeping since 1990 so ill let this one slide.

I saw that, it was bizarre.

Leeds play much much more attacking football than we have for a long time.

We haven't played football for a long time!

It's getting on my tits now, every time I look at this board (after going away for an hour or so), I keep on reading the title of this thread as :-----------

SPLOTT PARKER

I won't believe it until Mick McCarthy starts sitting on a bucket in the technical area.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    It's getting on my tits now, every time I look at this board (after going away for an hour or so), I keep on reading the title of this thread as :-----------

SPLOTT PARKER
    His parents did name him using a play on words as a tribute to me......unusual fictitious fact of the day

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I won't believe it until Mick McCarthy starts sitting on a bucket in the technical area.

And he should have an interpreter.

several managers/players have compared us to Leeds.

They mean the man to man marking and pressing, rather than playing with the ball.

Fulham played more like Cardiff today.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmyoldaccount View Post
    several managers/players have compared us to Leeds.

They mean the man to man marking and pressing, rather than playing with the ball.
    I'd like to see some links to prove that if you've got them and our man to man marking where you'd have people like Joe Bennett popping up at right back ended when Warnock left - Fulham played us three times last season after that. I don't remember us pressing opponents as much as we've done under Mick McCarthy either , so I'm not sure about Fulham having to worry about that when we played them either - if we were supposed to be man marking and pressing under Neil Harris, we weren't very good at it.

Perhaps fresh in his mind is the last time we played them, the second leg of the play off game, and how close we came to turning them over.