+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 5 a side etc.

5 a side etc.

Looks like the earliest outdoor team sports will start again will be after Welsh Government review on April 22nd. Not sure why this is lumped together with things like gyms as it’s outdoors?

Re: 5 a side etc.

maybe i,m lost in translation but you can play 5 aside both in indoors and outdoor arena's

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    maybe i,m lost in translation but you can play 5 aside both in indoors and outdoor arena's
    Apologies if I didn’t make it clear. I usually play outdoors and I’m wondering why Welsh Gov are delaying any resumption until the end of April, at the same time as indoor sport, gyms, etc. England resume on March 29th.

i usually play 5 aside in birmingham in the week to keep me fit but haven't kicked a ball for over 12 months , only running for me now so looking forward to week commencing March 29'th !

as for the welsh stance its odd to say the least

Last game in Cardiff for me was mid December, we’d played since August. I read through WG’s latest guidance and they seem to be blaming the Kent variant for a lot of their changes/ new strategy.

Play indoor 5 a side 3 times a week.

Havent played since last March and cant see any chance in playing for months.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Play indoor 5 a side 3 times a week.

Havent played since last March and cant see any chance in playing for months.
    Sorry to hear that.

We know outdoors is much safer than indoors. As long as players making their own way there (or having windows open, masks on) can't see delay in outdoor 5-a-side. Bit disappointing really.

surge where is the evidence of that ? lots of indoor arenas are barns on the outside of main buildings so you could say they are outdoor arena's in the real sense of the word .

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    surge where is the evidence of that ? lots of indoor arenas are barns on the outside of main buildings so you could say they are outdoor arena's in the real sense of the word .
    Mozz, hate to break it to you, but a barn has a roof on it. That's the whole point of them, otherwise it would be considered not a barn.