+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Hoilett

Hoilett

Not knocking MM, results speak for themselves but I'm surprised I don't think he's played a minute.

I thought he may have been an option today instead of Murphy to help out Ralls.

I'm starting to wonder if it's more about him being (potentially) a high earner and more about moving him on in the summer.

I'd have liked to have seen him at wingback at some point.

Re: Hoilett

Maybe his legs have gone !

Seems a strange one, but at the moment, in magic Mick we trust

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Maybe his legs have gone !

Seems a strange one, but at the moment, in magic Mick we trust
    100% certainly not a dig at MM, he has to start what he thinks best and for the most he has got it spot on.

I'm just wondering if there is more to it as I think Hoilett can offer sk much in so many cases, even up behind Moore.

MM won't play players out of position unless he absolutely has to. He's said so. I also thinks he wants his full backs to defend first and foremost. Increasingly clear he won't be offered a new deal, I think. Shame, as I really like him but as BT says, maybe his legs have gone. We're playing 2 behind the striker, and we have about 9 players that are fighting for the shirt!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    MM won't play players out of position unless he absolutely has to. He's said so. I also thinks he wants his full backs to defend first and foremost. Increasingly clear he won't be offered a new deal, I think. Shame, as I really like him but as BT says, maybe his legs have gone. We're playing 2 behind the striker, and we have about 9 players that are fighting for the shirt!
    Yeah, I think it's a shame as as a wing back he has potential to be great. Nothing to suggest previously his legs have gone, also think I. Games like today he offers more defensively as well as in attack.
    He probably offers more from his delivery than Ojo or Murphy out wide. Maybe its horses for courses but to have no minutes I think seems odd to me. He has played behind the striker before to great effect.

Should have come on tonight, perfect game for him.

Murphy and Ojo were awful.

Hoilett can retain possession, make a pass, and chip in with the odd goal.

Mystifying why some players continually play poorly, yet he doesn’t get game time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    Should have come on tonight, perfect game for him.

Murphy and Ojo were awful.

Hoilett can retain possession, make a pass, and chip in with the odd goal.

Mystifying why some players continually play poorly, yet he doesn’t get game time.
    This ^^^

There must be something in the theory of him being a high wage earner and not offering him a new contract as I still think Junior has a few seasons in him yet.

Shame, and I hope I'm wrong, as he is our best wide player IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    This ^^^

There must be something in the theory of him being a high wage earner and not offering him a new contract as I still think Junior has a few seasons in him yet.

Shame, and I hope I'm wrong, as he is our best wide player IMO.
    I understand your point, but we play high earners Wilson and Ojo, and they won’t be here next season.

Plus, regardless of next season, it should be about the here and now. If he can help us get results, he should be utilised as such, whilst he’s still on the payroll.

Otherwise, what’s the point of even having him on the bench?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    I understand your point, but we play high earners Wilson and Ojo, and they won’t be here next season.

Plus, regardless of next season, it should be about the here and now. If he can help us get results, he should be utilised as such, whilst he’s still on the payroll.

Otherwise, what’s the point of even having him on the bench?
    Hopefully Wilson and Ojo will still be here, how do you know they won't?

Re JH I'd play him but hey, who can argue with what Mick is doing i.e. by and large getting results?

Well you can obviously

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Hopefully Wilson and Ojo will still be here, how do you know they won't?

Re JH I'd play him but hey, who can argue with what Mick is doing i.e. by and large getting results?

Well you can obviously

They are both Liverpool loan players.

Liverpool turned down (or wanted) £15 million for Wilson, just before the window closed.

He’s a saleable asset, they’ll want to cash in on. Though his value must have plummeted after being with us.

We wouldn’t pay big money for him, and his performances wouldn’t warrant a big transfer fee.

Ojo too, must be on decent wages there.

Impressed on the odd occasion, but hasn’t been anywhere near consistent enough for us to splash a decent fee on.