+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Great British Holiday

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Great British Holiday

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    There’s some lovely spots in Wales and England but a holiday for me is guaranteed sun and baking hot temperatures where I can just crash out in the warm for a few weeks.
    I would opt for tenerife in November or January

Cardiff seems hotter than the med some summers !

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I would opt for tenerife in November or January

Cardiff seems hotter than the med some summers !
    No chance.

High 30's or 40's for me. Just crashed out like a Richmond sausage sizzling away.

It's probably why I'm a bronzed God.

No chance.

High 30's or 40's for me. Just crashed out like a Richmond sausage sizzling away.

Dreadful, twenty is plenty, I work in hot climates a lot, wouldn't dream of going abroad unless I had to. Sunbathing, boring and pointless. Each to their own though.

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    Dreadful, twenty is plenty, I work in hot climates a lot, wouldn't dream of going abroad unless I had to. Sunbathing, boring and pointless. Each to their own though.
    Nothing more boring than just sitting on a beach these days, maybe if I was 21 with a good book and a hangover. 26/27 degrees is a nice temp anything over is a pain in the butt. I’m down west now, seems quite quiet but maybe we’ll see tomorrow when the sun is supposed to come out a d it warms up. Kids don’t care mind, they ran in the sea as soon as we got here.....

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    I'm addicted to the buzz of travelling to strange places with a different culture, language, food, architecture, history etc. - and having the challenge in getting around. The more alien the better. Last year I had to cancel flights to locations including Kazakhstan and Argentina and trips abroad for me are the antithesis of sitting on a tourist beach. Each to their own, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    too hot for me

If there's one thing you have got mate , its god like status
    No chance.

I once asked a shipmate who was very fond of the sun, what the attraction of a suntan was. He thought about it, took an enormous drag on his cigarette and said 'You have to admit, it does make you look healthy'. In all fairness, he was from Hull, and many of the people I've met from there, lend weight to the proverb 'Empty vessels make the most noise'.