Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
The Officer in the Daunte Wright shooting made a terrible mistake, you can tell that by watching the bodycam video, she even shouts a warning to her fellow officer she is about to tazer him, then her reaction after it is plain to see it was just a terrible mistake

When i return to the US ( i go to disney dont you know ) if i ever get stopped by the police, i sure as hell am not going to run off / resist arrest / try and dive back in my car, the police are so on edge

The police carry a tazer and a gun, normally the gun is on the prominent side, yes the gun will be heavier than the tazer, but in the heat of the moment with adrenaline pumping and you have just stopped a known fellon who failed to tun up to court, you can see how she made the mistake
Daunte Wright had an outstanding warrant for a pistol misdemeanour, also refused to stop re-entering his car when warned, if he'd obeyed the law, he'd still be alive. However, whilst the female officer seems genuinely shocked, that's an inexcusable mistake for someone 26 years on the force. African-Americans make up 13.4% of the population, yet are responsible for over 50% of the homicides, (the large majority of murders being intraracial), that astonishing statistic probably does put the police on edge.