Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
I was talking to a Sheffield Wednesay fan who was at the match, last time we played them away. He put the blame squarely on drunken Liverpool fans. Yes, the police made a bad response to a situation, made matters worse by lying about it, but no way are the Liverpool fans blameless. Let's not forget Heysel either.
If we were in a major European final , there had been disturbances all day between us and say juventus fans and in the pen next to us juventus fans were giving Cardiff fans a kicking then as sure as night follows day Cardiff fans would have ripped down poorly made fencing to get stuck into the Italian fans

What happened after that was down to a crap old stadium

Although quite rightly Liverpool fans involved in those disturbances were put before the courts and found guilty

Whilst people can argue about Hillsborough till they are red in the face the fact is duckenfield lied

I personally failed to see the point of sending the man to prison but that was irrelevant as he was I believe found not guilty of manslaughter

So the only person , I think , to be charged and put on trial for this was him

No Liverpool fans were charged with manslaughter which given that many people think it was their fault , seems odd

I wouldn't have wanted to be a copper on duty that day , police horses were being lifted up by the strength of the crowd , it must have been horrific

Liverpool fans have asked for justice for the 96 , they have had their day in court

I am still amazed that local idiots threw stones at the bus but we have plenty of those too