+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Super League - is it really a bad thing?

Re: Super League - is it really a bad thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I presume he means if this super League is stamped out and the club's severely punished.
    No - I mean that there is a harlem globetrotters style closed moneyleague; and a more vibrant, fair, competitive league system left behind.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy31 View Post
    I feel like the fans of the big 6 teams now finally understand what it's like to have billionaires come in and do whatever they want with the team. A lot of us felt this way after city got rebranded.

The damage is probably done for a lot of fans. This breaks the addiction, it no longer feels like your club anymore.

The fans of these six clubs have finally "got it".

Let's move ten years on and the 6 been kicked out.
    Your average Joe from Liverpool or MU will be watching local football or perhaps FC Liverpool or even Accccrington Stanley.
    They might well watch their "old" team on the telly now and again but of course it won't be the same. For them...

Their kids however won't know any difference and although they will be hearing stories of how the great side in my day came from three down to win the greatest prize in football. The setup was a lot different then you know. Leicester City were even champions the one season and Accccrington could be one day lad....

People and things change.
    Life goes on.

Kick the feckers out NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    No - I mean that there is a harlem globetrotters style closed moneyleague; and a more vibrant, fair, competitive league system left behind.
    well then I don't agree, if this breakaway league is a success then those left behind will only suffer

We all keep saying clubs BUT it is not the clubs who have done this but the owners !! the manager , coaching staff , office staff have had no say in this !! I guess all the players and manager can do is refuse to partcipate in the league?

The owners have bought the clubs and are now using them just to get this new league setup ... once it is up and running don't be surprised to see a move away from the current names to franchise names .....White Royals vs Red Devils ( Real Madrid vs Manchester United) in Rio , Mersey Red Sox vs Turin Zebras in Boston ,Barca Basques vs London Gunners in Asia.............

It will be like the NFL , NBA and NHL where the same teams play every year unless the franchise gets sold with a play off at the end for the world champions ....most of the local fans of the sports support their college teams