+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Another point at a promotion chasing club for Cardiff City despite Smithies’ howler.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Another point at a promotion chasing club for Cardiff City despite Smithies’ howler.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    We were lucky to draw with Huddersfield as well and somewhat fortunate to beat Rotherham. I reckon if you asked a Sheffield Wednesday to name their club's two easiest games of the season, their reply could well be that they were both against Cardiff.
    City under Mick McCarthy have won one of their last nine games, picking up just eight points in the process.

The team won three of their last nine league games under Neil Harris, picking up nine points.

City now need to win their last three games to beat the points total achieved by Russell Slade's team in 2015/16. That's something to ponder given the pre-season expectations following the signings of Moore and Wilson.

Re: Another point at a promotion chasing club for Cardiff City despite Smithies’ howler.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    City under Mick McCarthy have won one of their last nine games, picking up just eight points in the process.

The team won three of their last nine league games under Neil Harris, picking up nine points.

City now need to win their last three games to beat the points total achieved by Russell Slade's team in 2015/16. That's something to ponder given the pre-season expectations following the signings of Moore and Wilson.
    Selective data cherry picking if ever I saw it. Why not look at Mick McCarthy’s overall record since he got here - 8 wins, 8 draws and only 3 losses in the 19 games under his charge or to put it another way - 32 points out of the 57 on offer. Not top two form certainly but hardly shabby. A few too many draws obviously but we could easily (and should have) won the last 3 games. We would then have had 38 points out of 57 or 2 points a game which is pretty much promotion form over a whole season.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    A few too many draws obviously but we could easily (and should have) won the last 3 games. We would then have had 38 points out of 57 or 2 points a game which is pretty much promotion form over a whole season.
    Selective data cherry picking there if ever I saw it. City could easily have lost in some of the games McCarthy has picked up a point in, and could easily have drawn some of those they've won.

Selective data cherry picking there if ever I saw it. City could easily have lost in some of the games McCarthy has picked up a point in, and could easily have drawn some of those they've won.
    But equally they could have won, lost or drawn any game that they have ever played.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    But equally they could have won, lost or drawn any game that they have ever played.
    Genius.

Selective data cherry picking if ever I saw it. Why not look at Mick McCarthy’s overall record since he got here - 8 wins, 8 draws and only 3 losses in the 19 games under his charge or to put it another way - 32 points out of the 57 on offer. Not top two form certainly but hardly shabby. A few too many draws obviously but we could easily (and should have) won the last 3 games. We would then have had 38 points out of 57 or 2 points a game which is pretty much promotion form over a whole season.
    Quite

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Quite

Here he is, the man who will simply not accept that the current lot are generally no better to watch now than they were under Harris.

But.....we didn't, so we didn't. I don't think it's right to accuse selective data cherry-picking and then create an argument based on an alternative universe. I'd just take out the word few and replace it with way too many draws.

Bristol City are the side I dislike the most out of the ones we play on a regular basis, but I never get too upset by them being near the top of the table because I know that theyhave been just about the most streaky team in all four divisions over the past few years and so a fall is coming soon. I'm afraid that we've been doing a pretty good impression of the wurzels in recent months with a run of five wins in six (including four consecutively), followed by six losses on the trot, then a couple of draws, six more wins, and now two wins in eleven games - we used to be pretty boring but consistent grinders who tended to churn out the wins, now we've become like Dave Jones' "feast or famine" teams except that, unlike them, we're still pretty boring.