Quote Originally Posted by McClane View Post
first line say's it all. paying £300-£400 laptops you see in currys is the issue, designed to get you and last 2-3 years. no good. you need to look at high spec better made laptops.

People who tend to by MAC's dont have a clue how to use them or use them to thier potential, they just want the apple logo and a 'look at me' device.

What nonsense. I use a laptop every day for work but converted to Mac for home use about 6/7 years ago so feel in a decent position to compare - even though my opinion is obviously based on my user experience and needs.

The Mac is quicker, more reliable and intuitive ONCE you get over the transition period which for me was about 6 weeks. By that I mean the slightly different ways of doing things.

Its also lighter and has a better battery life. And once you have a few Apple devices, the common "ecosystem" between devices starts to make more sense

Yes there are compromises to make like the limited ports but how much of an issue this is varies between users

But to say people who buy Apple are simply IT illiterate brand snobs is a very lazy generalisation.