+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Parking on City Road

Parking on City Road

Re: Parking on City Road

I was in City Road this morning and counted 5 cars parked on the pavement, none of them ticketed.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    I was in City Road this morning and counted 5 cars parked on the pavement, none of them ticketed.
    The council will also use CCTV info to catch offenders, so no visible ticket may not mean you haven't been caught.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post

There’s no room for cars on pavements these days, as they are full of tables being served panini’s by waiters/serving people (whatever they are called these days)

Some people who object strongly to council parking restrictions in our City will probably be quite pleased about restrictions on City Road, if you get my drift.....

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    There’s no room for cars on pavements these days, as they are full of tables being served panini’s by waiters/serving people (whatever they are called these days)
    "panini's"? The apostrophe police will be after you. An 's' isn't need anyway, never mind an apostrophe, 'panini' is the plural for of 'panino '

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    "panini's"? The apostrophe police will be after you. An 's' isn't need anyway, never mind an apostrophe, 'panini' is the plural for of 'panino '
    Learnt something new today!

Richard ... I sent you a PM the other day, several months delayed due to not checking messages sorry!

I've been done all these years.
    It must be so frustrating for waiters to bring a customer's second panino to the table, only to find theyve left after finishing their first.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I've been done all these years.
    It must be so frustrating for waiters to bring a customer's second panino to the table, only to find theyve left after finishing their first.

Don’t think they’ll let ‘um tickle the ivories in the open air !

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    The council will also use CCTV info to catch offenders, so no visible ticket may not mean you haven't been caught.
    Good point

Crwys Road has been jammed solid for at least a fortnight, while they widen the pavements. So, some questions:
    1. Why do we need the pavements widened?
    2. Haven't you got anything better to spend OUR money on?
    3. Why is it taking so long to complete a simple task, and
    4. Why don't they move the fencing back, when they go home, then two lanes of traffic could get past. Idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Crwys Road has been jammed solid for at least a fortnight, while they widen the pavements. So, some questions:
    1. Why do we need the pavements widened?
    2. Haven't you got anything better to spend OUR money on?
    3. Why is it taking so long to complete a simple task, and
    4. Why don't they move the fencing back, when they go home, then two lanes of traffic could get past. Idiots.
    Have you tried asking your local councillor?