Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
I don't tend to be one for anti Welsh conspiracy theories when it comes to referees, but, leaving the penalty incidents aside, I thought Madley favoured Morecambe throughout the game, so, in view of what you said, I had a look at his record in matches involving Welsh teams on Soccerbase.

As he had spent so much of his career in the Premier League before his suspension, he's taken charge of more of your games than any other Welsh side (as far as I can tell, he's never reffed a Wrexham game) and your record in those matches is won four, drawn two and lost eight. However, this rather reflected your form over the period, because early on as you were challenging for promotion and then settling into the Premier League with few alarms, you did well when he was in charge, but as you began to struggle every season, so the losses piled up.

We've won two of the six matches Madley has reffed us in, with the only defeat coming in a game against Wolves in which they had a player sent off, so we've not done bad under him, whereas County have only had him in charge for two games this season since his fall from grace saw him reduced to the lower leagues - they lost 4-2 at home to Oldham in December at a time when they were going really well and then there was yesterday.

So, it looks like cock up wins over conspiracy as far as Madley is concerned and it was just County's bad luck that he had a stinker of a game - for me, he was the main reason why the match finished as it did.
Thanks for the research and the heads up. It may be his over dramatic refusal of a penalty against Stoke which has coloured my perception.