+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Stupid quarantine rules in Wales...do I ignore it?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    International

Re: Stupid quarantine rules in Wales...do I ignore it?

Shirley if you land in uk (Heathrow) and conform to the quarantine rretrictions placed on you there, then you can travel anywhere in UK.
    Last time I looked there was not a border checkpoint on the Severn bridge, Severn crossing or the M50 so when you drive home who is going to know?
    As long as you feel that you are clean and clear just do it.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Shirley if you land in uk (Heathrow) and conform to the quarantine rretrictions placed on you there, then you can travel anywhere in UK.
    Last time I looked there was not a border checkpoint on the Severn bridge, Severn crossing or the M50 so when you drive home who is going to know?
    As long as you feel that you are clean and clear just do it.

Thanks to all who've contributed, I'm pleased not to have much in the way of negativity to my attitude which matches that described by xsnaggle above. The main point at issue is that England and Wales have different requirements to deal with the same problem. They are both looking at the same data but come out with different conclusions on how to handle with it. A number of people I've spoken to at home feel the First Minister has often taken a different, and less progressive, view from Boris just to demonstrate Wales can and will be different with the outcome being the same just a few weeks behind Westminster. If that's correct it must have been very frustrating at times for you all.

Particular thanks too to Des Parrott for recommending Dante for the testing kits, I'll be on to them and have them send what we need to our English destination.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    Thanks to all who've contributed, I'm pleased not to have much in the way of negativity to my attitude which matches that described by xsnaggle above. The main point at issue is that England and Wales have different requirements to deal with the same problem. They are both looking at the same data but come out with different conclusions on how to handle with it. A number of people I've spoken to at home feel the First Minister has often taken a different, and less progressive, view from Boris just to demonstrate Wales can and will be different with the outcome being the same just a few weeks behind Westminster. If that's correct it must have been very frustrating at times for you all.

Particular thanks too to Des Parrott for recommending Dante for the testing kits, I'll be on to them and have them send what we need to our English destination.
    While I aimed to appreciate the difficulty of your situation and tried to focus on what causes greater risk/how that can be managed within my message as well as commenting on the rules, I am now disappointed your chose xsnaggle's answer as one to highlight after they said "As long as you feel that you are clean and clear just do it." That's been a huuuge problem in how the virus has spread and is a completely irresponsible suggestion. TLG is right on that issue.

Regarding your comparison between Mark Drakeford and Boris Johnson: FFS, do people really believe something so simple? Drakeford has taken a more cautious approach without fearing sounding negative (big differences to Boris) which hasn't always been fun or successful but he wasn't the one who sent school children back for one day during winter when over half the deaths were recorded or refused to support hungry children over school holidays.

I'm disappointed your second message hasn't expressed how you're going to take extra steps to minimise the risk when breaking the rules and instead tries to make it out to be a Wales v England thing which is not helpful and, imo, inaccurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post

FFS.

xsnaggle isn't a doctor is he? But, he said something you want to hear, and that's good enough for you.

Currently 91% of cases in the UK have been of a form that has been imported in from India. No doubt brought in by someone who thought they were clean.

The fact you had 2 vaccines is neither here nor there. It improves your chances of not getting sick, but it is not known that it suppresses transmission. In other words, you may contract the Delta virus while you are here, and then export it back to the US, all the while not ever once being sick, or having so much as a symptom thanks to the vaccine.

You, singularly, don't pose a huge degree of risk of starting a cluster of cases in Wales. But, add in you and many others who have the same attitude, and the risk grows for us all.

And the risk?
    People dying
    Sectors of industries shutting down
    People losing jobs
    People forced to face more restrictions despite following guidelines

I have been unable to visit a relative diagnosed with cancer (even though that person has had 2 vaccines). I have been unable to visit parents who are old and vulnerable (even though they have had both vaccines). And everytime we get to a stage where I may be able to do this without risking the health of people I care about, the UK opens its borders to import in a variant from South Africa or India, maybe next time the US.

But, sadly, this has inconvenienced you and I am really sorry. Please, come into the country with other plane loads of selfish twats, and I'll keep chatting to relatives on a doorstep.