+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: FT: WALES 0 - 4 DENMARK.

Re: FT: WALES 0 - 4 DENMARK.

Ah well, the Danes were too good and they have real momentum since what happened in that first game. They’d beat England. And Cornelius can clearly play a bit.

Glad we got out the group, and we were up against it with the travelling and some dodgy ref decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Ah well, the Danes were too good and they have real momentum since what happened in that first game. They’d beat England. And Cornelius can clearly play a bit.

Glad we got out the group, and we were up against it with the travelling and some dodgy ref decisions.
    Everything is going for them…..they are playing well, almost inspired like

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Anyone but England now. It sucks, because now I have to support all the "big" teams.
    I'll be hoping England do well personally. Lived there for a bit, have some family there, have plenty of mates and colleagues who are English, most of them are fine people who have wanted us to do well.

I've never understood the fuss. Plus they actually have a quite likeable squad at the moment.

Only team I'd rather win would be Portugal as I have them in the sweep.

An embarrassing way to go out, Denmark saw off Wales comfortably but we can all agree 4-0 flatters them.

Had reservations about the starting line-up, needed to avoid sitting deep to get anything out of today. They did that for 15 minutes and then steadily retreated into their own half. A really poor underwhelming performance and can only hope it spurs Wales on to bounce back for the world cup qualifiers this Autumn.

AS for me my attentions will turn to the likely short lived Switzerland campaign when they face France Monday.

Lost before we kicked off in my opinion. Read that we would be ruthless but we were toothless. No bite in midfield, passed around too often. The last 20 minutes were petulant and embarrassing, a lot of good will gained in 2016 was thrown away. It’s been another great effort let’s remember the positive and get back on the bike as soon as possible

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    And fo back to u surge. Im not eager to just stick the boot in.
    Apologies for emotion of the loss bringing out worst in me.

Big moment now to stick together when (perhaps inspired from that Iceland video) some are ready to tear us down. Together stronger with view of getting to next world cup.

Re: WALES v DENMARK. ko 5pm

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    It's always hard playing against 12
    All you do is either moan about the ref or teams that pass the ball out from the back. You must've seen thousands of football matches, is there anything else about the game that has caught your imagination?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Apologies for emotion of the loss bringing out worst in me.

Big moment now to stick together when (perhaps inspired from that Iceland video) some are ready to tear us down. Together stronger with view of getting to next world cup.
    No worries bud👍

Knackered

Off the pace

Not at the races

But most of em are young lads ff sake

Keep on keeping on

There were 5 players on the pitch at one point who play for City or have played for City.
    Not sure what that proves though. 🤨

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    We were battered but dear God the refereeing was appalling. The second goal should not have stood, the Wilson red card was an embarrassment and two of their goals looked offside.
    Yep.

It was a like watching Eurovision.

As long as the feckers are consistent.

"komm schon deutschland"

Poor performance but the absurdity that is this tournament laid bare, one team looked f*cking knackered whilst the one with minimal travel looked sprightly

Refereeing was a joke, but at the end of the day we just weren't good enough

Nullify the quick breakaway ball for James to chase and you pretty much stop us completely. Our midfield is way off good international standard. Enjoyed the ride as a whole but today was embarrassing

Inspired Danes far too good for Wales.

http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Flattering scoreline but no complaints, beaten by the better team on the day. No shame in defeat although the manner smarted.

Started the game well before the first goal went in where it started to feel like we could get at this Denmark team, then completely lost our heads after that goal and never recovered. We looked shaken and were defensively very un-“Welsh” (based on how we’ve played the past 8 or so years) for the remainder. Not many teams have put that many past us in a competitive game for a long time, although after the 2nd goal it was a bit academical as we had to push forward and leave space as a result.

Think we may have to consider who is refereeing a game when it comes to Moore’s involvement. It felt like he was penalised yesterday for his body shape, he won a header whilst a defender just stood there and ended up with a yellow for his troubles. In addition defenders seem to be able to get away with plenty on him. Made no material difference to the game but if refs were to consistently give reds for that Wilson challenge then games would end up abandoned on the regular.

I'm not sure what the fuss is over their 2nd goal - I don't think it was a foul on Moore, he backed into him just as much as the Dane went into his back, and to say Williams' clearance was parks quality would be an insult to decent parks footballers. We could have lost 6 or 7 nil.

Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
    Flattering scoreline but no complaints, beaten by the better team on the day. No shame in defeat although the manner smarted.

Started the game well before the first goal went in where it started to feel like we could get at this Denmark team, then completely lost our heads after that goal and never recovered. We looked shaken and were defensively very un-“Welsh” (based on how we’ve played the past 8 or so years) for the remainder. Not many teams have put that many past us in a competitive game for a long time, although after the 2nd goal it was a bit academical as we had to push forward and leave space as a result.

Think we may have to consider who is refereeing a game when it comes to Moore’s involvement. It felt like he was penalised yesterday for his body shape, he won a header whilst a defender just stood there and ended up with a yellow for his troubles. In addition defenders seem to be able to get away with plenty on him. Made no material difference to the game but if refs were to consistently give reds for that Wilson challenge then games would end up abandoned on the regular.
    We’ve had Robbie Savage talking about “good fouls” to give away all tournament and, at times, encouraging Wales to give away free kicks to break the game up.

This set me thinking of my favourite City player of this century, bless his soul. About halfway through his career with us, Whitt’s took to chopping down opponents who had got the wrong side of him and accepting the inevitable yellow card which followed - it was premeditated and entirely cynical and would have had Savage praising a “good foul”. For me, those type of fouls are much worse than Wilson’s “red mist” offence which came about as a result of frustration and yet it is deemed worse than the “professional foul”.

In my opinion, Wales players have had received three ludicrous red cards in the their last six games which reflect very poorly on those in the football authorities who issue the edicts which often leave refs with no room to manoeuvre in their decision making and the game is suffering as a result.

I read somewhere recently that we were the most fouled team in the tournament last week but I imagine we’ve got one of the worst card counts. The latter feels particularly jarring as I don’t think you could say our players are particularly dirty.

Potentially somewhere we need to improve, how to play the referee and become smarter and cuter.

In some ways the game felt very similar to the Belgium quarter-finals but I remember Belgium being strong for first 20 minutes in that game and then losing the momentum and control of the game which is what happened to us yesterday.

I still think keeping it at 1-0 for longer changes the game, we saw yesterday how tight it became between Austria and Italy and we'll see that again, but recognise we were beaten by the better side. In my head Denmark only beat us 2-0 and the ref added the two extra goals difference.

Do you know what though. After being totally outplayed by Denmark no one has slagged off the team at all.

That’s why I love Wales. All in it together

Thought there was some poor selection by the manager, and poor decision making by the players on the pitch. Not sure if Bale doesn't like Roberts , or if he just didn't see him continually overlapping in the first 15 minutes. He just wouldn't give him the ball. If we had stretched the game a little bit, it would have been harder for Denmark to throw an extra man into the middle of the park.

Would quite like to see rambo and vaulks/ampadu in centre midfield. I think there is more work rate and more ability then. I'd still have a place for Joe Allen, but probably more as someone to come off the bench and be an extra man in midfield if defending a lead.
    Ben Davies looks a lot better in the centre of defence than at left back.

There's a lot of promise in the side, Bale and Rambo and Ben Davies could still have a good few years left aswell. Think we might shock a few at the World cup

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    In some ways the game felt very similar to the Belgium quarter-finals but I remember Belgium being strong for first 20 minutes in that game and then losing the momentum and control of the game which is what happened to us yesterday.

I still think keeping it at 1-0 for longer changes things, we saw yesterday how tight it became between Austria and Italy and we'll see that again, but recognise we were beaten by the better side. In my head Denmark only beat us 2-0 and the ref added the two extra goals difference.
    To update:

Denmark beat us by 2.
    Ref beat us by 1.3
    Wales beat ourselves by 0.7.

We're probably going to be playing likes of Denmark or Switzerland again in 9 months for chance of World Cup qualification so we need to learn from those games.