+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gareth Bale to sign for Cardiff

Re: Gareth Bale to sign for Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    yeah

I have been told its true . Will probably see his contract our at Real Madrid because Ancelotti is in charge now .Then he is coming to Cardiff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I have been told its true . Will probably see his contract our at Real Madrid because Ancelotti is in charge now .Then he is coming to Cardiff.
    It has to be ****ocks.

He was ready to chase the money in China before - what’s changed now? He could see out his contract and still get a bumper wage in a foreign league.

Be fair

He was right about foxy knoxy

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    It has to be ****ocks.

He was ready to chase the money in China before - what’s changed now? He could see out his contract and still get a bumper wage in a foreign league.
    That was 2 years ago. He would be walking away from 600k a week for 3 years. Now, he won't get near that and he might just want to live at home. I don't think he'll come this summer but next summer, I can see it; especially if we make the World Cup. Wouldn't be surprised if there was some arrangement that he won't play every week but plays enough that he keeps himself ticking over for the World Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    It has to be ****ocks.

China now has a wage cap, therefore no more lucrative contracts.

It's a tricky one for Bale.

We all know he has nothing to prove in the top leagues - Germany, France, England, Spain or Italy.

Also, anyone who knows anything about Bale knows he is tired of the media lens and club expectations on him since he signed for spurs and of course magnified at Madrid. He loves his family, his golf and loves Wales.

He may be forced to play another year in Madrid and they may loan him out again.

Realistically if he does come to city it will be when his Madrid contracts expires.

However, as we all know, he has never ever turned his back on where he came from and is a very proud Welshman and Cardiffian. Stranger things (not many) have happened.

The US is a very realistic option for him - less expectations, amazing gold courses, very good wages.... so that all depends on his family.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    China now has a wage cap, therefore no more lucrative contracts.

It's a tricky one for Bale.

We all know he has nothing to prove in the top leagues - Germany, France, England, Spain or Italy.

Also, anyone who knows anything about Bale knows he is tired of the media lens and club expectations on him since he signed for spurs and of course magnified at Madrid. He loves his family, his golf and loves Wales.

He may be forced to play another year in Madrid and they may loan him out again.

Realistically if he does come to city it will be when his Madrid contracts expires.

However, as we all know, he has never ever turned his back on where he came from and is a very proud Welshman and Cardiffian. Stranger things (not many) have happened.

The US is a very realistic option for him - less expectations, amazing gold courses, very good wages.... so that all depends on his family.
    *golf*

I have it on good authority that he intends to retire and take up farming, supplying blocks of dried agricultural fodder to the trade.

Bale's bales will begin operation next month.

The money side could potentially be addressed by Real Madrid paying up his contract at half wages, as they did with his time at Tottenham and then him receiving a chunk of Cardiff’s commercial income, due to the (presumably) significant increase in shirt sales, sponsorship et al.
    A move such as this would really put the club in the map.
    It’s all a bit of a pipe dream, though!

Very small chance of him signing for Cardiff this season but I honestly believe if his contract expires next year and we get promoted then he would be interested in playing a season in the prem for us, especially if we qualify for the world cup and he can lead into that playing premier league football for us.

Otherwise might do a stint in the Welsh Prem like Cotterill or Jazz.....

I'm personally on the side of it being bolox - but it could be quite an interesting ploy by whoever decided to write the article as his odds of Cardiff being his next club have tumbled. The ability to change the betting market to that extent could make you quite a bit of cash. And it doesn't appear that difficult to so - after all how many time have we seen rubbish on this forum being run as a story on Wales Online etc.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    I'm personally on the side of it being bolox - but it could be quite an interesting ploy by whoever decided to write the article as his odds of Cardiff being his next club have tumbled. The ability to change the betting market to that extent could make you quite a bit of cash. And it doesn't appear that difficult to so - after all how many time have we seen rubbish on this forum being run as a story on Wales Online etc.
    Can you cash out player transfer bets? Surely you can't lay a player a transfer either?

Not sure he'd fit into our system.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Not sure he'd fit into our system.
    We do need another left-back.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Can you cash out player transfer bets? Surely you can't lay a player a transfer either?
    Betfair will let you do pretty much anything

Bale clearly needs to look after his body as hes prone to injury. Cant see him impressing enough in training to get in Micks side.

The article is obviously a load of bollox.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    We do need another left-back.
    Only issue if he comes here is that we can nothing from the sell on clause.

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/bale...21fyn7j8odyf2y

Bale said in May that he knows where his future lies beyond the summer but if he said anything before the Euros it would “cause chaos”.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/bale...21fyn7j8odyf2y

Bale said in May that he knows where his future lies beyond the summer but if he said anything before the Euros it would “cause chaos”.
    Could we just be a return to Madrid, the Spanish media appear to love an overreaction so I should imagine Bale retruning to Real Madrid would cause somewhat of a ruckus. MLS my bet, play for Beckham's team in Miami.

A few straws to cling to. He's been away from home since he was 16. His missus is a Cardiff girl, he's a Cardiff boy. He's kept up with his mates from his childhood, looks after them, speaking with them every day, apparently. His mum and dad, sister etc are still in Cardiff. He's won everything at club level, made a ridiculous amount of money and Chris pike is his uncle. It's conclusive, he's coming home!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    A few straws to cling to. He's been away from home since he was 16. His missus is a Cardiff girl, he's a Cardiff boy. He's kept up with his mates from his childhood, looks after them, speaking with them every day, apparently. His mum and dad, sister etc are still in Cardiff. He's won everything at club level, made a ridiculous amount of money and Chris pike is his uncle. It's conclusive, he's coming home!
    Good enough for me, to the tattoist!

Of course it's not going to happen but I said the same when it was rumoured Bellamy was to join the club.

I remember some sort of story about him going about on forums a few years ago regarding something he did on a lads holiday

6/4 now.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    6/4 now.
    Just spotted going into Howells by a local bookie , floods of bets coming in from Whitchurch , renewed his membership at Whitchurch Rugby Club /Golf Club , spotted in Earl Haig car park overnight Sunday something is afoot