+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ryan Giles - season loan agreement - CONFIRMED

Re: Ryan Giles - season loan agreement?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I guess that he's going to play at left-wing-back for us?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I guess. I wonder if he was the left winger Dalman was on about, though? I'm assuming not but we are very light in terms of creative midfielders/wingers. If you include Giles as a wing back, we have 15 defensive players, whatever Bacuna is and then Murphy, Colwill and Tomlin as the only attacking minded midfielders, plus the 4 strikers.

I guess. I wonder if he was the left winger Dalman was on about, though? I'm assuming not but we are very light in terms of creative midfielders/wingers. If you include Giles as a wing back, we have 15 defensive players, whatever Bacuna is and then Murphy, Colwill and Tomlin as the only attacking minded midfielders, plus the 4 strikers.
    Big Mick seems to think that Bacuna is an attacking midfielder.

I reckon that we'll be predominantly playing 3-4-1-2 or 3-4-2-1 and relying on our wing-backs for width.

If we're not in a position to splash the cash this is exactly the sort of signing we should be making. Good to see.

Its a bit dissapointing that us and Wolves went up in the same year and now we are loaning their castoffs who havent even played for them yet.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    He was asked about the prospect of replacing Bennett. He then says "I like to get forward, my main traits are getting forward, trying to take players on. I want to get fans off their feet, I want to put balls in the box, create goals, score goals... and also do my bit of the team defensively". The last bit was a bit of an after thought

He was asked about the prospect of replacing Bennett. He then says "I like to get forward, my main traits are getting forward, trying to take players on. I want to get fans off their FEET, I want to put balls in the box, create goals, score goals... and also do my bit of the team defensively". The last bit was a bit of an after thought
    Do you think he meant “out of their seats” ?

He was asked about the prospect of replacing Bennett. He then says "I like to get forward, my main traits are getting forward, trying to take players on. I want to get fans off their feet, I want to put balls in the box, create goals, score goals... and also do my bit of the team defensively". The last bit was a bit of an after thought
    Murphy mk 2? Let's see the lad play and see what he can offer.

Strange as MM has never wanted to use a Winger at wing back. It wouldn't surprise me if we seem him further forward.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Strange as MM has never wanted to use a Winger at wing back. It wouldn't surprise me if we seem him further forward.
    I hope we do play him at wing back

Re: Ryan Giles - season loan agreement - CONFIRMED

Maybe the intention is to use him wide left with Bagan behind him?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    For the stupid amongst us , what does that mean ??
    It was the in joke when Warnock was manager, that he only seemed to sign players from them and for whom his son worked!

He's a useful signing as he undoubtedly covers wingback and wing. So he's an option as left wing in a 442 or a wingback in our seemingly proffered formation. That's not something anyone else gives us

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    He's a useful signing as he undoubtedly covers wingback and wing. So he's an option as left wing in a 442 or a wingback in our seemingly proffered formation. That's not something anyone else gives us
    He's very quick.

Fans from the multiple clubs he's played for all say the same thing... Very quick and skillful, prone to being out of position when supposed to be playing wing back due to his natural attacking biased.

Great addition in my opinion.