Thread: Meeting with Club Tonight

Re: Meeting with Club Tonight

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    f**k me you're a drama queen
    I find this helps !

9FAA50E2-026F-4C9D-A9C5-C2E8F2E851F7.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Lytton's (Canada) average June temperature is 24C. Yesterday it was 47.5!

And a thread on "Hotter than the human body can handle: Pakistan city with world’s highest temperatures: https://twitter.com/i/events/1409526197537681412"

Next crisis is already known about and now case of who takes what action.
    Global air conditioning is the answer ,and banning farting

Back on topic, a ballot could be a nightmare for me and my lads.
    3 ST holders for many years, but I'm disabled and an oldie, so I get a free helper
    One son lives close to me, so picks me up (I'm medically DQ) and picks up my other son on the way - who is my "designated helper".
    Obviously we sit in 3 adjacent seats.

How wil a ballot help us?
    We all meet regularly so we've been in close contact - so I could understand social distancing from 'outsiders', but separate the three of us? Crazy.

Someone said a 13,000 capacity? correct me if i'm wrong, but i'd bet that if anyone buys a season ticket then they've got a fantastic chance of watching the games live. How many ST's are the club expecting to sell?

This message has just been sent out to Trust members;-

"Meeting with the Club 28 June : Trust Chair Keith Morgan reports on proposals in relation to season tickets

On Monday 28 June the Supporters Trust together with the Supporters Club and Disabled Supporters Group were invited at very short notice to meet with club officials to discuss season tickets.

The meeting was very much a preliminary one prior to subsequent meetings that will go into the details of any proposals.

The club outlined the current position regarding permissible capacity in the stadium. The Wales-Albania international on 5 June was a test event approved by the Welsh Government which was successful in terms of processes of allowing fans into CCS. That event had a capacity of 6,500 based on 1.5 metre social distancing. Moving to 1 metre social distancing in the stadium was a realistic and future possibility. This would require further test events and subsequent reporting to demonstrate the effectiveness of the club's approved processes. A move to 1 metre social distancing within the stadium would lead to higher capacities which would be higher if supporters attended with family and friends in groups instead of 1s and 2s.

The critical issue is the allocation of matchday tickets to season ticket holders in the light of social distancing requirements and, importantly, if season tickets sold exceed maximum permitted capacity.

The club stated that they had spoken to 15 English EFL and Premier League Clubs as to how they approached this problem towards the end of last season when English clubs were allowed to admit fans to their stadia. They also noted how both Newport County and Swansea City were able to admit fans for their play-off games. The majority of clubs consulted used a ballot system to allocate tickets. The view of the meeting was that this was the fairest option but the specific details of the scheme would need to be discussed in detail. The club let us have sight of a scheme for balloting in use at other clubs which would form the basis for future discussion. It contained provisions to ensure season ticket holders would not lose out financially if unsuccessful in a draw. Priority would also be given in a subsequent draw to unsuccessful applicants in a previous draw. However, these are only headlines as the details of proposed processes will be subject to further discussion.

The club also referred to a Supporters Code of Conduct, necessary in the context of Covid, on which they would consult Supporters Groups.

The club committed themselves to further detailed consultation and the Trust will keep you informed of further meetings and seek your views accordingly

Keith Morgan

Chair"

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    This message has just been sent out to Trust members;-

"Meeting with the Club 28 June : Trust Chair Keith Morgan reports on proposals in relation to season tickets

On Monday 28 June the Supporters Trust together with the Supporters Club and Disabled Supporters Group were invited at very short notice to meet with club officials to discuss season tickets.

The meeting was very much a preliminary one prior to subsequent meetings that will go into the details of any proposals.

The club outlined the current position regarding permissible capacity in the stadium. The Wales-Albania international on 5 June was a test event approved by the Welsh Government which was successful in terms of processes of allowing fans into CCS. That event had a capacity of 6,500 based on 1.5 metre social distancing. Moving to 1 metre social distancing in the stadium was a realistic and future possibility. This would require further test events and subsequent reporting to demonstrate the effectiveness of the club's approved processes. A move to 1 metre social distancing within the stadium would lead to higher capacities which would be higher if supporters attended with family and friends in groups instead of 1s and 2s.

The critical issue is the allocation of matchday tickets to season ticket holders in the light of social distancing requirements and, importantly, if season tickets sold exceed maximum permitted capacity.

The club stated that they had spoken to 15 English EFL and Premier League Clubs as to how they approached this problem towards the end of last season when English clubs were allowed to admit fans to their stadia. They also noted how both Newport County and Swansea City were able to admit fans for their play-off games. The majority of clubs consulted used a ballot system to allocate tickets. The view of the meeting was that this was the fairest option but the specific details of the scheme would need to be discussed in detail. The club let us have sight of a scheme for balloting in use at other clubs which would form the basis for future discussion. It contained provisions to ensure season ticket holders would not lose out financially if unsuccessful in a draw. Priority would also be given in a subsequent draw to unsuccessful applicants in a previous draw. However, these are only headlines as the details of proposed processes will be subject to further discussion.

The club also referred to a Supporters Code of Conduct, necessary in the context of Covid, on which they would consult Supporters Groups.

The club committed themselves to further detailed consultation and the Trust will keep you informed of further meetings and seek your views accordingly

Keith Morgan

Chair"
    Why don't the club just sell the allocated amount of season tickets, then adapt as the rules change.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Surely it all boils down to how you define "not that long ago"? From personal experience, the older you get, the greater the time that term means - you mention 2007/08, well, at my age, you could go back another ten years to 97/98 and I would consider it not that long ago. In 1997/98, our average home league attendance was 3,610 - I'd say that qualifies as pitiful.
    Thanks for getting involved on behalf of the other poster and trying to be clever on his behalf. To most people stating ‘not that long ago’ would certainly involve a period of less than 13 years ago and probably less than 10. I get rather fed up of people continually denigrating the level of our support, especially since we moved to the new stadium, as in my opinion it has been nothing short of excellent. Also, when deciding what is pitiful, surely it has to be taken into account what level the club is competing in - in 1997/1998 we were in the fourth tier (League 3) and struggling badly, so perhaps an average of 3610 was not that bad in the circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Why don't the club just sell the allocated amount of season tickets, then adapt as the rules change.

Stop suggesting simple solutions

First Team

Absolutely.

I buy a season ticket though I'm 5k miles away. I usually get to maybe 4 or 5 games a season. The ballot option appears crass and unfair. Scenario - I shell out $1k+ for a flight back to find I can't use my seat though I've bought a season ticket. Idiocy.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    Absolutely.

I buy a season ticket though I'm 5k miles away. I usually get to maybe 4 or 5 games a season. The ballot option appears crass and unfair. Scenario - I shell out $1k+ for a flight back to find I can't use my seat though I've bought a season ticket. Idiocy.
    How is it idiocy ? They will actually tell you well in advance if you have been successful in the ballot, not expect people to just turn up on the day and be turned away at the turnstiles !! What other way is there of doing it anyway. Suggestions on a postcard.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    Absolutely.

To be honest mate, and I apologise to Mr Tan here, but don't buy a season ticket this year

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    How is it idiocy ? They will actually tell you well in advance if you have been successful in the ballot, not expect people to just turn up on the day and be turned away at the turnstiles !! What other way is there of doing it anyway. Suggestions on a postcard.
    Yet if family groups attend, the attendance can be larger as there will less social distancing required.
    ST rotation for me , ballot seems absolute fraught with problems, so a family of four may only get 1 ticket in a ballot.
    Not difficult to work out a rotation based on family groups etc.
    The club have these addresses.
    Sure fire way of limiting season ticket sales would be balloting each game
    Why would you purchase season tickets for your family if you have no possibilty of attending together.
    Looks like the club are doing the easy option
    Rethink needed

Thanks for getting involved on behalf of the other poster and trying to be clever on his behalf. To most people stating ‘not that long ago’ would certainly involve a period of less than 13 years ago and probably less than 10. I get rather fed up of people continually denigrating the level of our support, especially since we moved to the new stadium, as in my opinion it has been nothing short of excellent. Also, when deciding what is pitiful, surely it has to be taken into account what level the club is competing in - in 1997/1998 we were in the fourth tier (League 3) and struggling badly, so perhaps an average of 3610 was not that bad in the circumstances.
    Well that certainly told me - i know now exactly what "not that long ago" means .

First Team

Does "well in advance" mean for the entire season well before it begins? If not, it isn't enough warning. Buying an air ticket with less than say a month or two of notice is very expensive. And this is Cardiff City, I bet the ballot would be weekly before games.

Other possible methods:

-ballot for season tickets if they are oversubscribed
    -only sell single game tickets on a first come, first served basis

There are numerous more sensible options than an arbitrary ballot.

Its a difficult one and plenty will be unhappy whatever the solution.

Im just not getting one. Resigned to not watching City untill 2022/2023.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

Glory supporter, buying just for Premier League seasons

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Glory supporter, buying just for Premier League seasons
    😂

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    Surely Wales won’t be far behind England on the removal of all distancing etc? 19th is the end of it by the sounds of it
    The news reported Drakeford saying that social distancing will soon be advisory not mandatory

Guess we'll just have to wait and see

International

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    It's no surprise that the loudest people throwing their toys out of the pram and making dictatorship like references towards the uk governments for the last year or so are from the worst generation to exist.
    What the feck is that supposed to mean?
    That generation may be responsible for your generation or your parents generation so maybe you shouldn't exist. That would be good!

Someone said a 13,000 capacity? correct me if i'm wrong, but i'd bet that if anyone buys a season ticket then they've got a fantastic chance of watching the games live. How many ST's are the club expecting to sell?
    You reckon we will get that many ?

Hoofball will kill off any one who actually enjoys watching football.

Hopefully we won’t need a negative covid test to go, the Albania game was a lot of effort

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    The news reported Drakeford saying that social distancing will soon be advisory not mandatory

Guess we'll just have to wait and see
    People seen the scenes from England after the game? People all over each other.

There can be no justification for restrictions at stadiums.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

Moi aussi.

I'll renew mine, probably out of habit but also it seems that if you haven't got one you aren't going to be watching anything live next year if things stay the same.

Any provision for 'walk ups / one off' purchases as a few of my mates are in that category?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I'll renew mine, probably out of habit but also it seems that if you haven't got one you aren't going to be watching anything live next year if things stay the same.

Any provision for 'walk ups / one off' purchases as a few of my mates are in that category?
    Isn’t there an EFL rule that a percentage (10%?) of match day tickets have to be for walk up custom ? It would not surprise me if clubs,who have a situation where ST sales exceed capacity, apply to have the rule waived. Also I don’t think there has been a mention of away fans. I assume games will be home fans only until the situation changes.