Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FT: ENGLAND 2 - 0 GERMANY.

Re: ENGLAND v GERMANY. ko 5pm

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Out of context. Rewind 1/2 second

Re: FT: ENGLAND 2 - 0 GERMANY.

They're doing a lap of honour like theyve won the whole tournament

Apart from the near assist for Muller , Sterling has been superb.

Kane scoring is going to give him a big lift.

Well done England, deserved the win, not a great watch compared to yesterday but they look a very solid team.

The media is going to be unbearable this week….

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Well done England, deserved the win, not a great watch compared to yesterday but they look a very solid team.
    Yes. Well balanced too.

The side FIFA has ranked as being 8 places better won? Shock. Honestly, England don't need the substantial advantage the organisation of this tournament has given them - even greater than hosting a whole tournament - and yet here we are.

ffs grow up...swedes next...and they always cause them problems

Media will go into overdrive now, flags will be everywhere and I can’t see them being stopped on the way to the final now.
    Hope a someone from the other side of the draw makes it through unscathed otherwise this will be unbearable.

Who are England going to face next ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Sweden I reckon, Ukraine were not impressive in the groupstage

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Sweden or Ukraine.

Christ, that was a grim game. Neither side deserved to remain in the tournament.

Just realised they then if they progress play the winners of Denmark/Czech Rep. They wont have a better chance of getting to the final.

The drop off in quality from last night's game to that was stark. Germany were unbelievably slow

What's happened to German football? They were so one-paced and without the composure you'd normally associate with them.

Get in

Absolutely beautiful

Knighthood already for Southgate. OBE's all round for the England squad.

Fully deserved that win tonight. Germany starting the game devoid of any pace up top really hurt them, but Gnabry was largely ineffective following his introduction. And credit where credit is due, England limited Germany to very few good opportunities on their goal. The most notable being that Muller miss where I assume the Muller from 5+ years ago would have taken in his stride.

Now England and their fans couldn't of hoped for an easier route to the final on paper. They've enjoyed 4 games at home and face a relatively simple trip over to Rome to face Sweden or Ukraine, where if they get passed that challenge are back in ol blighty. It's all set up for them so neatly.

And on the other side of the knockouts, Italy had to fight through a sprightly Austria and now face Belgium who were up against it against the reigning champions to secure their quarter final place. Then there's Spain who saw off England's semi final foe from the last world cup and Switzerland who pulled off a miracle to defeat the world champions last night.

By the time any of them reach the final they would have had some tough tests, and not to sell short the potential opposition awaiting England, but for their side of the draw they just arguably put to the sword their toughest test.

So glad I can watch all this unfold on a foreign network basking in the delirium of last night's home victory. Can't imagine how much talk is focused on England right now in the build up to the next game.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Christ, that was a grim game. Neither side deserved to remain in the tournament.
    This is what I don't get. It would be really rubbish to see a side with a substantial advantage over every other nation in terms of how competition has been organised and good enough to have earned a top 4 FIFA ranking choose to win a tournament playing the dullest football possible.

I think Italy, a fully fit Belgium side and possibly Spain with a slice of luck are better than them but that won't be until the final at Wembley. Sweden away from home when they're still talking about Germany is a risk to them as are Denmark who are deservedly top 10 in FIFA rankings - the only top 10 side England face before final in whole tournament - but it would be a massive shock if they didn't get back to Wembley.

Quote Originally Posted by SuisseBluebird View Post
    Fully deserved that win tonight. Germany starting the game devoid of any pace up top really hurt them, but Gnabry was largely ineffective following his introduction. And credit where credit is due, England limited Germany to very few good opportunities on their goal. The most notable being that Muller miss where I assume the Muller from 5+ years ago would have taken in his stride.

Now England and their fans couldn't of hoped for an easier route to the final on paper. They've enjoyed 4 games at home and face a relatively simple trip over to Rome to face Sweden or Ukraine, where if they get passed that challenge are back in ol blighty. It's all set up for them so neatly.

And on the other side of the knockouts, Italy had to fight through a sprightly Austria and now face Belgium who were up against it against the reigning champions to secure their quarter final place. Then there's Spain who saw off England's semi final foe from the last world cup and Switzerland who pulled off a miracle to defeat the world champions last night.

By the time any of them reach the final they would have had some tough tests, and not to sell short the potential opposition awaiting England, but for their side of the draw they just arguably put to the sword their toughest test.

So glad I can watch all this unfold on a foreign network basking in the delirium of last night's home victory. Can't imagine how much talk is focused on England right now in the build up to the next game.
    I'm afraid you are right in all that you say and your last sentence is spot on.

Probably the reason non-English Brits dislike England so much.

Great win , fans looked so pleased , great to see happy hugging fans back ,go on England and win it now .

I tend to turn away for the aftermath press and media and just watch the games for what they are worth ,if it up set you turn away .

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I'm afraid you are right in all that you say and your last sentence is spot on.

Probably the reason non-English Brits dislike England so much.
    Its the lack of self awareness that gets me. English journalists complaining about bias toward Wales & Scotland but not England! England are brought up at every opportunity, even when they aren't remotely involved! Jenas is so one eyed and biased its beyond even Savage. ITV even managed to bring up England during the penalty shootout last night!

Coverage is inescapable, its in all the newspapers, all over radio and TV and I don't even live in England!

One for those looking for a narrative which you won't hear on tonight's coverage:

Between 2010-2019 Real Madrid won 4 Champions Leagues much of it built on Varane, Ramos, Kroos, Modric, Bale, Benzema and Christiano Ronaldo. With the exception of Ramos who isn't at the tournament, each of these players have gone out at the same stage of the 2020/2021 Euros.

(You can add Pepe into the mix who was CB during one of the finals).

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Its the lack of self awareness that gets me. English journalists complaining about bias toward Wales & Scotland but not England! England are brought up at every opportunity, even when they aren't remotely involved! Jenas is so one eyed and biased its beyond even Savage. ITV even managed to bring up England during the penalty shootout last night!

Coverage is inescapable, its in all the newspapers, all over radio and TV and I don't even live in England!
    The BBC commentary/coverage was almost sickly sweet. ITV better by a mile, and that's saying something !