Spain took fewer players than they were allowed knowing they'd never need a bloated squad - we didn't use full 23 in 2016 - and younger players would have got more out of this experience than some older players would have offered if taken. I'm happy that Matt Smith, Levitt, Colwill etc. went as a learning experience, just as long as they push on now. But Coleman Had a Dream's podcast point about recognising that Denmark had the upper hand and risks of putting in Neco instead of Gunter is a valid one even though I wasn't calling for it at the time either.

Just because we didn't have many fouls doesn't mean we didn't deserve yellows for those we did commit but I do think potentially the rugby thing where momentum has a big influence on refs decisions which is really unfair. I think VAR has been used well but ridiculous that foul on Moore wasn't recognised, that Moore got booked for that game for lowering his arm in a slightly less controlled way or that Rodon got booked so we definitely experienced worst refereeing performance of the tournament. But Jayne Ludlow was right in that we could have managed the situation better and we need our young team to learn from that.

I think Denmark showed us a lot of respect by changing tactics so early on but we didn't react well to it. Losing a member of senior management team and not replacing them until very late on probably influenced this, but with Albert Stuivenberg expected to leave soon we need to find the right man rather than (all due respect) someone like Kit Symons who knows the system but also has had a relatively extended period of time out of the game. I've liked having Page involved but he needs to be surrounded by right people while temporarily in charge and not yet the manager I want going forward.

I don't like how Wales use Tyler Roberts. There's a big player in there but he's not a striker and would have been better to bring Ramsey off for him or use him as a false winger rather than false 9.

To go off Podcast pel-droed's marking system I'd rank us as having a B minus tournament. We kept the momentum going in getting out the group, did very well to finish second but left on a disappointing note which will hopefully toughen us up a bit going forward.

At a crossroads a bit now but that means we need fans showing up big, and with some patience, to help keep things heading in the right direction.