+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: They can **** off with this!

Re: They can **** off with this!

Its the price we're all paying for wanting our blue passports back.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    It's the same flag they brandished when conquering and plundering half of the globe. Maybe that's the beef (butcher's apron pun intended) some people have with it.

That's like saying " what's the fuss with people walking around with a swastika flag? it's only a piece of material after all"

With any luck it'll get vandalised.
    Are you really comparing the Union Jack to the flag of Nazi Germany?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I thought he was just explaining to you why 'some people are triggered by flags'. Seems to have worked!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I thought he was just explaining to you why 'some people are triggered by flags'. Seems to have worked!
    Really?

I'd love to know how you imagine the UK ruling an empire which at one point covered 22% of the world's land mass came about, cups of tea and polite requests?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Perhaps we should tell them to shove all their UK based buildings and organisations that provide so many jobs below are a few:
    ONS.
    Patent Office.
    DVLA.
    Companies House .
    And a few more goverment subsideries organisations.

Are they all potentially Thatcherism organisations, if so let's pull them down now before the flags rock up.

We don't need this Britishness in Wales .
    Feck the union jack , there's no place for it in a tax office for sake

We are not selling great Britain, via cardiff , to the world are we ?

We ain't even selling it to Europe these days

If I was the WAG the sight of a 100sq m Union Jack on the side of an HMRC building in the centre of Cardiff that acts as a constant in your face reminder to everyone as who sets and takes the overwhelming majority of people's taxes could raise a smirk, but each to their own I suppose.

I'm more pissed off with the fact that the perfectly good accommodation for the tax office staff has been vacated and a new one built in its place in the centre of the city.

I see Johnson's "muscular unionism" is off to a good start then

It's the same flag they brandished when conquering and plundering half of the globe. Maybe that's the beef (butcher's apron pun intended) some people have with it.

That's like saying " what's the fuss with people walking around with a swastika flag? it's only a piece of material after all"

With any luck it'll get vandalised.
    Zulu syndrome. The Welsh pretending that they weren't involved in expanding the British Empire and sharing in the wealth generated from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Zulu syndrome. The Welsh pretending that they weren't involved in expanding the British Empire and sharing in the wealth generated from it.
    They may have been involved (involuntary I might add) but where is the wealth generated from it? Wales is hardly the economic powerhouse this wealth should surely provide?

4000 jobs ,any flag will do, perhaps if we protest enough they will close the building and move it up North .
    They are not NEW jobs. They are relocating. It's a bit silly building so much office space when it is clear that people will no longer be spending 100% of their work lives sat in such places.

Really?

In some countries the Union Flag represents oppression.

Quote Originally Posted by Wozza16 View Post
    They may have been involved (involuntary I might add) but where is the wealth generated from it? Wales is hardly the economic powerhouse this wealth should surely provide?
    Have you travelled the world much? Wales may not be the most prosperous part of the UK but most countries in the world are far poorer. It is disingenuous to imagine that Each component part of the UK didn't benefit from the wealth generated from the British Empire.

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post
    They are not NEW jobs. They are relocating. It's a bit silly building so much office space when it is clear that people will no longer be spending 100% of their work lives sat in such places.
    The building was built with the knowledge that people would be spending more time away from the office. The capacity is much less than the old site in Ty Glas.

Of all the issues in Wales and around the world, this one scarcely registers on the scales. My only thought is how much is this costing taxpayers.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    The building was built with the knowledge that people would be spending more time away from the office. The capacity is much less than the old site in Ty Glas.

Also when the building was planned and built it wasnt know about changes to working practices and moving to a hybrid working model as a result of the epidemic.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-57667929

Which ****ers at the Council have approved this!? And how do I lodge my disgust?
    Grow up drama queen..

4000 jobs ,any flag will do, perhaps if we protest enough they will close the building and move it up North .
    Those jobs already existed in llanishen and brunel house. Llanishen tax office flew both the welsh and union flags.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-57667929

Which ****ers at the Council have approved this!? And how do I lodge my disgust?

Here by the look of it:

https://www.change.org/p/cardiff-cou..._share_message

I've always been surprised by the fact that nobody has complained about the Union flag not representing Wales.

I suppose African slaves contributed to the wealth that has been amassed in the USA as well.

I don't know whether it's a mixture of me growing older, and a lightning strike illness that made me reassess life, but things like this don't even raise an eyebrow anymore. We're in Britain, it's a British Government building......there's many more important things to turn your energy towards.

Have you travelled the world much? Wales may not be the most prosperous part of the UK but most countries in the world are far poorer. It is disingenuous to imagine that Each component part of the UK didn't benefit from the wealth generated from the British Empire.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonial_mentality

I'm not sure how that article relates to the comment of mine that you quoted.