+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bennett training with us

Bennett training with us

On his own but he's posted a series of clips of him training next to the team at the Vale. Wonder if he's staying?

Re: Bennett training with us

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    On his own but he's posted a series of clips of him training next to the team at the Vale. Wonder if he's staying?
    There's been loads of players that have trained with their team just to keep fit - Bony did it at the jacks

Wouldn't be surprised though if he does stay and we sign him on a 1 year contract. Probably wanted a 2-3 year contract on high wages, and we only offered 1 at low. Now he has to prove fitness to even get a 1 year contract somewhere - His injury couldn't have come at a worse time for him

Yeah if he makes a quick recovery then it's possible he could get a contract with us still.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    There's been loads of players that have trained with their team just to keep fit - Bony did it at the jacks

Wouldn't be surprised though if he does stay and we sign him on a 1 year contract. Probably wanted a 2-3 year contract on high wages, and we only offered 1 at low. Now he has to prove fitness to even get a 1 year contract somewhere - His injury couldn't have come at a worse time for him
    I thought our form dipped when he and NG picked up injuries , he is a very decent full back at this level , especially useful going forward as an attacking full back

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

I get that but there’s clearly no bad blood on either side. He wouldn’t be training with us if both him and the club weren’t happy with it

Maybe a short term or Pay as you play contract could be in the offing.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I thought our form dipped when he and NG picked up injuries , he is a very decent full back at this level , especially useful going forward as an attacking full back
    I agree but can imagine him being on a good wage and not wanting to drop it which is probably fair as he may get it elsewhere when fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    The club have probably said that they feel obliged to help him get fit and over his injury. He isn't going to get a club injured, and i'd say that the club do have an obligation to bennett to help him get over the injury and put himself in a place where he can maximise the rest of his career. The club are doing the right thing in helping him get fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    The club have probably said that they feel obliged to help him get fit and over his injury. He isn't going to get a club injured, and i'd say that the club do have an obligation to bennett to help him get over the injury and put himself in a place where he can maximise the rest of his career. The club are doing the right thing in helping him get fit.
    Absolutely but if he’s in the building so to speak, the club might feel he’s back to somewhere near his best and they might think he’s worth a new deal (if that’s why he’s left)

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Maybe a short term or Pay as you play contract could be in the offing.
    'Pay-as-you-play contracts - do they exist? I mean... what player's agent' worth his salt ' would go along with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    'Pay-as-you-play contracts - do they exist? I mean... what player's agent' worth his salt ' would go along with that?
    The agent of a player who is 31 and will miss the first few months of the season recovering from a serious knee injury?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    The agent of a player who is 31 and will miss the first few months of the season recovering from a serious knee injury?
    I'm not convinced they'd (agent) walk away feeling remotely satisfied with such a deal. The player might as well ditch his agent, if such a deal was negotiated.
    An agent (if involved) is going to be looking at a minimum of a 12 month contract.
    Bennett is 'up and running' in training - wasn't Vassals (spelling?) injured at the time we signed him and with a history of injuries?
    What did he get.... two year contract?

There’s a different reality these days!

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    There’s a different reality these days!
    The different reality that has just seen Manchester United fork out 7 2m for a player in these troubled times? I feel football is somehow cocooned from 'reality'. .

The club are obliged to rehabilitate him after his injury.

they get mentioned every summer on this message board, but I think that's the only place they exist

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    The club are obliged to rehabilitate him after his injury.
    Morally or contractually?

I'm not convinced they'd (agent) walk away feeling remotely satisfied with such a deal. The player might as well ditch his agent, if such a deal was negotiated.
    An agent (if involved) is going to be looking at a minimum of a 12 month contract.
    Bennett is 'up and running' in training - wasn't Vassals (spelling?) injured at the time we signed him and with a history of injuries?
    What did he get.... two year contract?
    He's only just turned 31, he has two good years in him if he can get over his injury, a Pay as you play contract would be ludicrous, he's a fit lad, there's every chance he will compete at this level again. We're not talking a 35 year old Lee Tomlin.