+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: James Collins - England

Re: James Collins - England

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    https://nation.cymru/news/welsh-fans...james-collins/

He’s let us down here Grangetown Blue!
    Yep….mind you…he’s lived most his adult live in England. Typical footballer, totally out of touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I fully concur with Allez, Allez, Allez. I communicate predominantly in Ukrainian and I am far more familiar with the works of Hryhorii Skovoroda, Yuriy Drohobych, Stanislav Orikhovsky-Roxolan, Feofan Prokopovych than Shakespeare, Chaucer and Alan Bennett. I have many Ukranian friends, relatives,colleagues and acquaintances but no English ones. My sporting heroes are all Ukranian and I visit that country every few months. On the other hand, I have never been to England. I watch Ukranian TV and am not familiar with the London-based BBC or ITV. On a Saturday morning I listen to Радио Шансон radio station and my record collection contains more Ukranian artists than English ones. I enjoy watching a bit of Ukranian footy on TV station Футбол 1 and Match of the Day, with all its English take on things, leaves me cold. I pay taxes to the Ukranian government and use their health service. And I'm looking forward to my state pension from Пенсійний Фонд України and I'll spend a few of my hryvnia watching my local team that has more Ukrainian players than English players. However, I'm concerned about taking a DNA test as the results may be slightly at odds with my perception of who I think I'm not......
    As a youngster, the first musician I listened to was Michael Jackson. During my teens I was into Devo and Talking Heads.

My favourite film was Fear and Loathing and Las Vegas.

The television I am currently watching are series from HBO, Apple Tv and Amazon Prime.

I wear Jeans and my favourite brand of clothes is Levi's.

I enjoy eating Hamburgers.

.................................................. ..... You MUST therefore support the USA in the soccer world series. Or at least have some love for them.

............which brings me onto another thing. Talk about the welsh being small minded but the amount of english speakers from the Uk that turn their noses up at what they understand as Americanisms is about the most snobbish thing I have ever seen. Cringeworthy. ......... Even when these Americanisms are actually more authentic than the modern british english equivalent.

Half of Europes main cultural influences come from the states.....or english bands pretending to be from the states......yet the US remains a very foreign place for someone visiting from Greece or France.

BTW .... Taunton Blue..... I'm not on a mission to shit on you at every opportunity..... I'm answering those of you who collectively feel we must bow to the Centralised powers due to proximity and cultural influence.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    As a youngster, the first musician I listened to was Michael Jackson. During my teens I was into Devo and Talking Heads.

My favourite film was Fear and Loathing and Las Vegas.

The television I am currently watching are series from HBO, Apple Tv and Amazon Prime.

I wear Jeans and my favourite brand of clothes is Levi's.

I enjoy eating Hamburgers.

.................................................. ..... You MUST therefore support the USA in the soccer world series. Or at least have some love for them.

............which brings me onto another thing. Talk about the welsh being small minded but the amount of english speakers from the Uk that turn their noses up at what they understand as Americanisms is about the most snobbish thing I have ever seen. Cringeworthy. ......... Even when these Americanisms are actually more authentic than the modern british english equivalent.

Half of Europes main cultural influences come from the states.....or english bands pretending to be from the states......yet the US remains a very foreign place for someone visiting from Greece or France.

BTW .... Taunton Blue..... I'm not on a mission to shit on you at every opportunity..... I'm answering those of you who collectively feel we must bow to the Centralised powers due to proximity and cultural influence.
    Funnily enough, I would never fly or associate myself with the Union Jack, I am an anti-royalist and a republican. I love being Welsh but I know some of it is built on myth. You, sir, have been nothing but civil in our exchanges and it's healthy debate debate between us. You are welcome to disagree with me at every twist and turn and I enjoy our civilised exchanges.

Their fans are genuinely a disgrace. From clashing with police/other fans home and away for years, throwing pints of piss/beer over tourists in Amsterdam a couple of years ago to booing the knee continuously over recent months despite being explicably asked not too by Gareth Southgate and Harry Kane, who both said that there is no ulterior motive behind it. The arrogance when they’ve not done a thing in 50 years is mental.

I actually think their squad is probably the most likeable it’s ever been at the moment, from the work of Rashford in the last year and Henderson with the NHS. Both great efforts and Southgate comes across well too but find it mad anyone can get behind them with how their fans are. They’re a disgrace.

Will England be the first ever winners of a tournament to be booed off by their fans in the group stage?

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Our culture, currency, passport and everything else is intrinsically linked with them as part of the UK. Ukraine not so much.
    Here's a funny thing. I think that, since I turned 18, I have voted about 25 times for various things from local councillors to our relationship with the EU. Not once have I been asked to vote on whether or not Wales should continue to be joined at the hip (not geographically speaking) to England. As such, I do not recognise the union, or the united kingdom - two entities that are not worthy of capital letters. Similarly, I have never been asked to vote on whether or not a king or queen should be head of state for Wales.

I am not at all patriotic (in the British sense) , and refuse to be classed as British but begrudgingly accept that's what it says on my passport because it is not legal to be stateless.

That doesn't mean to say I disrespect anything to do with the united kingdom, or the union, or the queen of England. However, I, and I suspect you, have never really had a say in any of these long standing traditions.

I have watched, painfully, as Wales is treated as a third class citizen in the union, although Welsh blood has been spilt in pints for various British causes. In the upcoming Parliamentary breakdown, Wales will lose 25% of its representation in the united kingdom parliament.

I have seen a Welsh secretary of state for the united kingdom government hum along disrespectfully to the national anthem.

I have seen Wales classed as an area of deprivation by the EU because of the negligence of successive Labour and Conservative governments to invest in anywhere other than Cardiff.

Therefore, England is as foreign to me as the Ukraine, if not more so. At least the Ukrainians haven't shafted the people of Wales. The concept of a united kingdom and a union is one that is barely aid lip service by the united kingdom government. The Irish people were aware of this in the early 20th Century. The Scottish are waking up to this now. Wales are just starting to realise it, but a union of Wales and England cannot be sustained once Scotland leaves as I truly hope and expect they will.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    Their fans are genuinely a disgrace. From clashing with police/other fans home and away for years, throwing pints of piss/beer over tourists in Amsterdam a couple of years ago to booing the knee continuously over recent months despite being explicably asked not too by Gareth Southgate and Harry Kane, who both said that there is no ulterior motive behind it. The arrogance when they’ve not done a thing in 50 years is mental.

I actually think their squad is probably the most likeable it’s ever been at the moment, from the work of Rashford in the last year and Henderson with the NHS. Both great efforts and Southgate comes across well too but find it mad anyone can get behind them with how their fans are. They’re a disgrace.

Will England be the first ever winners of a tournament to be booed off by their fans in the group stage?

They boo other national anthems too. Yet, people who want someone else to beat England are the ones spouting "hatred crap".

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    I didn't support the Philippines when Etheridge was playing for us. But I don't have any ill will towards the the Philipino government because they do not try to control how we do things in Wales.

It's really not that difficult to understand.

You wanna support england, that's your choice. No need to dictate how the rest of us should feel or suggest we are small minded if we don't. That's like me calling any welsh person who supports england a glory-hunting, sycophant , brainwashed, brown-noser.
    Clearly you are the person who hasn't understood. And where did I dictate in the post you quoted how others should feel or suggest they are small minded? All I said was that I didn't understand the anti English bias and I maintain that view.