+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FT: UKRAINE 0 - 4 ENGLAND.

Re: UKRAINE v ENGLAND. ko 8pm

0-4 now

Ukraine decent in attack but really not strong enough in defence. Think they lost some players following tie against Sweden.

England are an extremely good side playing within themselves - they'll be number 1 after this tournament surely - but Wales were unbeaten against sides outside of FIFA's top 10 at this tournament. England now play Denmark (10th in World) who are travelling to London from Baku.

I'm happy to make the statement that Czechia are the only non-host nation to knock out a host nation side. That surely shows how much of an advantage it's been.

I feel bad for Ukraine who probably deserve more than talk about the opposition's record win.

Ukraine have given up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Yeah.

The keeper should have come up signalled the 2 big centre halves into the box and launched it.

Well that’s better than a 20 yard backpass !

At least it would have been in the box

Lets face it. England are very good. Probably favourites now. If our fans were reading comments such as no better than Luton about the opposition wed be p!ssing ourselves at the bitterness.

Lets face it. England are very good. Probably favourites now. If our fans were reading comments such as no better than Luton about the opposition wed be p!ssing ourselves at the bitterness.
    The Italians would like a word...

Expected a 3-0’er, good result for England given the occasion but par for the course.

Looking forward to the Denmark game, hopefully have more in it as a competition.

Italy look like a runaway train at the moment but I think with home advantage it’ll be about evens for me should they and England make it to the final.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    The Italians would like a word...
    I think Italy are better but they have to get past Spain. England have Denmark. Games at home. They have to be favourites.

I think Italy are better but they have to get past Spain. England have Denmark. Games at home. They have to be favourites.
    Exactly. Italy are a better side but England are favourites as Italy have to get past Spain first. England will have been the shortest odds to make the final probably since the end of the group stages.

Let's see what the semi final does but if the final is England v Italy I suspect Italy will be favourites. But this is a good England side, nqat

England should be far too good for Denmark. They can look to bring on Foden Grealish Rashford Calvert Lewin etc. Denmark?? Cornelius!!!

Then a home tie.

England are a very good side.

England should be far too good for Denmark. They can look to bring on Foden Grealish Rashford Calvert Lewin etc. Denmark?? Cornelius!!!

Then a home tie.

England are a very good side.
    Yeah the strength in depth is impressive. They've not been behind yet but if they are they've got serious fire power if that happens.

What was the score last time England played Denmark?

Re: FT: UKRAINE 0 - 4 ENGLAND.

Luke Shaw is having a phenomenal tournament. Brilliant performances from him so far. Always believed he was overrated, but he’s looking some player right now.

At least Sam Allardyce isnt manager. Hed have been unbearable.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Luke Shaw is having a phenomenal tournament. Brilliant performances from him so far. Always believed he was overrated, but he’s looking some player right now.
    Hes been playing well for Man U as well.

Maguire has been superb since hes been back as well. He was embarrassingly bad against us for 20 mins in the PL before going off injured and ive laughed at his price tag. But hes looked a genuine world class centre half.

I think the game against Denmark could be similar to the two Leicester v Chelsea games at the end of the last season where either Denmark will win 1-0 or Chelsea will win by multiple goals. Denmark have challenged England recently in a way that not even Belgium or France have.

Italy are the more complete side than Spain but their LB injury is a big one. Will either be able to stop England's momentum if they get to the final? I think Italy have a really good chance due to being such a complete and good side but am concerned about that LB injury and it not being a neutral venue, while Spain would be much better with Ramos in back line and better striker but their wide play and midfield are good enough.

Whatever the final outcome, we have to recognise that England got to this point by being prepared to learn from Spain (need for greater technical skill), Germany (building long term project and use of trusted younger players), Wales and Northern Ireland (need for happy camp and to represent your national culture well to achieve good feeling from supporters) and Portugal and France (control the game even if fans are bored by your football) in order to get to this very good side. We can see this this has been a 10 year journey for them but it's also been a journey from Arsene Wenger revolutionising English football 25 years ago - they'll talk for days about June 1996 but August 1996 is when they started to improve. Ours might take a bit longer due to smaller resources but if we're ready to learn lessons from each tournament/qualification stage then we can be on a 25 year journey from Gary Speed's time with Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Agree. Looks like a world class player at the moment and his delivery is excellent. What a player.

England looked very comfortable, without having to exert themselves. When they went 3-0 up, it was like the shackles were finally off them, they then began to play some lovely stuff.
    The problem for them is, they are usually too conservative from the off, no matter who the opposition is. That early Kane goal certainly helped settled them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    England looked very comfortable, without having to exert themselves. When they went 3-0 up it was like the shackles were finally off them, they then began to play some lovely stuff.
    The problem for them is, they are usually too conservative from the off, no matter who the opposition is. That early Kane goal certainly helped settled them.
    In many ways you could say it put them 1-0 up

At the moment, they have a very classy squad.
    If they can overcome the psychological barrier, they should win this at a canter.

Fair play to England, a very impressive performance, though Ukraine’s defending was abysmal.
    England’s squad is unbelievably strong, they have more than decent cover in every position. England will be there or thereabouts in major tournaments for the next 10 years, possibly longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig View Post
    Fair play to England, a very impressive performance, though Ukraine’s defending was abysmal.
    England’s squad is unbelievably strong, they have more than decent cover in every position. England will be there or thereabouts in major tournaments for the next 10 years, possibly longer.
    Maybe, but it's very rare for a side to win back-to-back trophies and a side like Belgium have lost something like 3 competitive games in 5 years (I'm sure I heard commentator say that) but have been knocked out of quarte-final this year which feels pretty early. It takes a lot to win a tournament and a lot can go against you that you can't control. The luck of the draw will eventually go against them!!

On the flip-side, with Qatar and Germany so close due to delayed Euros they could compete strongly for next two tournaments after this because not enough time for others to catch-up/for it to go wrong for them. I think the USA, Germany and Spain will be strong in America 2026 though so they will have challengers.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Maybe, but it's very rare for a side to win back-to-back trophies and a side like Belgium have lost something like 3 competitive games in 5 years (I'm sure I heard commentator say that) but have been knocked out of quarte-final this year which feels pretty early. It takes a lot to win a tournament and a lot can go against you that you can't control. The luck of the draw will eventually go against them!!

On the flip-side, with Qatar and Germany so close due to delayed Euros they could compete strongly for next two tournaments after this because not enough time for others to catch-up/for it to go wrong for them. I think the USA, Germany and Spain will be strong in America 2026 though so they will have challengers.
    England are the under achievers of International football. Like it or not, it was only a matter of time before they got it right and it looks like that maybe happening now. A massive footballing country like England should have more than one World Cup to its name.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig View Post
    England are the under achievers of International football. Like it or not, it was only a matter of time before they got it right and it looks like that maybe happening now. A massive footballing country like England should have more than one World Cup to its name.
    I would guess that they've spent more money on football since 1966 than any other nation in the world but most of that time they've been stupid with their money. They might not be any more but we'll have to wait and see as so much other goes into winning a tournament.

England's greatest attribute is the hungry talent waiting to come on too damage you