+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FT: UKRAINE 0 - 4 ENGLAND.

Re: FT: UKRAINE 0 - 4 ENGLAND.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Yeah the strength in depth is impressive. They've not been behind yet but if they are they've got serious fire power if that happens.

As much as I hate to say it, this is the best England side I've seen since the 1970 World Cup.

BUT

If they get past Denmark and face Italy in the final, their "serious fire power" will face a huge test. Chielini and Bonucci barely gave Lukaku a sniff the other night so Harry Kane will likely be feeding off breadcrumbs. And don't expect the Italians to be as accommodating as the Ukrainians in letting balls into their box. It could be a rude awakening for them......I hope 😊

They’ve got so much depth at mo, saka and Foden not even getting on, or grealish. Sancho looks real quality, they Take off Rice and put Henderson on….reckon they’ve got it sewn up this time. Love to see an England Spain final but got a feeling the cheats will get past Spain unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    They’ve got so much depth at mo, saka and Foden not even getting on, or grealish. Sancho looks real quality, they Take off Rice and put Henderson on….reckon they’ve got it sewn up this time. Love to see an England Spain final but got a feeling the CHEATS will get past Spain unfortunately
    Harry Kane isn’t playing against Spain, yet !

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

They’ve got so much depth at mo, saka and Foden not even getting on, or grealish. Sancho looks real quality, they Take off Rice and put Henderson on….reckon they’ve got it sewn up this time. Love to see an England Spain final but got a feeling the cheats will get past Spain unfortunately
    Was thinking that VAR or the 4th official could have alerted the referee to the blatant cheating going on as the (1st?) goal was scored. If a player dives to try to get a penalty then he/she is booked. Had Immobile been booked he may have missed the semi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_lCcvQ43WI

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    Was thinking that VAR or the 4th official could have alerted the referee to the blatant cheating going on as the (1st?) goal was scored. If a player dives to try to get a penalty then he/she is booked. Had IMMOBILE been booked he may have missed the semi.

What a name for a footballer, Immobile a bit immobile

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    Was thinking that VAR or the 4th official could have alerted the referee to the blatant cheating going on as the (1st?) goal was scored. If a player dives to try to get a penalty then he/she is booked. Had Immobile been booked he may have missed the semi.

When I 1st saw it I thought VAR would be looking at it as a possible penalty. I think there was contact. Immobile was clearly feigning injury though which isnt unique even our players did it.

Danish fans not allowed to travel to Wembley either…..I guess none will for the final either. What a joke.

Danish fans not allowed to travel to Wembley either…..I guess none will for the final either. What a joke.
    We weren’t allowed to travel to Amsterdam for our game against Denmark, yet the Danish fans were allowed. It is a joke, but the Danes can’t complain, as they benefited against us.

Whilst they won comfortably and scored good goals (against a bang average Ukraine side), there is no doubt in my mind that they are being over coached defensively. Shaw and Walker are two of the best attacking full backs in the Prem currently but for the majority of the game they appeared scared to pass the ball forward. In the first half, I counted 15 times in a row that Shaw received the ball wide, both in his own half and attacking half, where he immediately stopped and passed backwards. This included a number of times where he was approaching the opponents penalty box. Walker made overlapping runs but invariably stopped in his tracks and passed back rather than looking to play a team mate in forwards. The midfielders and centre halves were doing it too. They are obviously scared of losing possession or taking risks, which in the long run is absolutely no good whatsoever. Talented players are being stifled/wasted and flair players like Foden, Grealish, Sancho and Bellingham cant get into the team regularly, even though they are easily good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Luke Shaw is having a phenomenal tournament. Brilliant performances from him so far. Always believed he was overrated, but he’s looking some player right now.
    yes he's been incredible. probably England's best player along with Sterling. one of the players of the year in the premier League as well. you just know that somewhere José Mourihnio is absolutely fuming.
    interesting that both players broke into the scene very young and have had had to endure lean periods where they weren't as effective before they've become the players they now are. something we should probably bear in mind with the players we are trying to bring through at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Whilst they won comfortably and scored good goals (against a bang average Ukraine side), there is no doubt in my mind that they are being over coached defensively.
    While there is merit in some of what you say, let's be honest here - if City began next season with a sequence of results that read 1-0, 0-0, 1-0, 2-0 and 4-0, you'd be hammering anyone who dared to offer any kind of criticism to the style of play. I think you're wrong about Shaw, too. He's been superb so far.

Something that stands out for me about this England team by comparison to past sides is just how comfortable almost every player is on the ball, from front to back. This is an element of the game that has always been a glaring deficiency in British sides, but I think a combination of what is obviously a very talented generation of young English players, the top foreign coaches who have been working in the Premier League in recent years and the numerous excellent foreign players who are currently plying their trade in the EPL is resulting in a much-improved national side.

Hopefully, the improved technique will also benefit Wales and there are certainly signs of that happening, although we obviously suffer through a lack of numbers in terms of players who are genuinely top level performers.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    While there is merit in some of what you say, let's be honest here - if City began next season with a sequence of results that read 1-0, 0-0, 1-0, 2-0 and 4-0, you'd be hammering anyone who dared to offer any kind of criticism to the style of play. I think you're wrong about Shaw, too. He's been superb so far.

Something that stands out for me about this England team by comparison to past sides is just how comfortable almost every player is on the ball, from front to back. This is an element of the game that has always been a glaring deficiency in British sides, but I think a combination of what is obviously a very talented generation of young English players, the top foreign coaches who have been working in the Premier League in recent years and the numerous excellent foreign players who are currently plying their trade in the EPL is resulting in a much-improved national side.

Hopefully, the improved technique will also benefit Wales and there are certainly signs of that happening, although we obviously suffer through a lack of numbers in terms of players who are genuinely top level performers.
    You appear to be stalking me and whilst generally thinking that you are a jumped up, childish, twerp with an over inflated ego, on this occasion I will engage with you in your little game just to say that England is an international team with the pick of the cream of the countries best players and therefore can not possibly be judged by the same standards as a club team like City with a restricted finances and squad. Any manager that regularly leaves players like Foden, Grealish, Bellingham, Sancho on the bench in favour of limited players like Phillips and Rice and plays in the mind numbingly boring back passing defensive way that they have been recently, deserves criticism. You might enjoy watching paint dry but I certainly don't, in a top level competition like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You appear to be stalking me and whilst generally thinking that you are a jumped up, childish, twerp with an over inflated ego, on this occasion I will engage with you in your little game just to say that England is an international team with the pick of the cream of the countries best players and therefore can not possibly be judged by the same standards as a club team like City with a restricted finances and squad. Any manager that regularly leaves players like Foden, Grealish, Bellingham, Sancho on the bench in favour of limited players like Phillips and Rice and plays in the mind numbingly boring back passing defensive way that they have been recently, deserves criticism. You might enjoy watching paint dry but I certainly don't, in a top level competition like this.
    Jesus, someone's touchy

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Jesus, someone's touchy
    It's football so it's pronounced Hey Zeus....stupid!