+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Racists

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Re: Racists

I think the subject of racism is multi layered. At one end it’s a philosophical position and at the other is more practical. It could be that the reason we still have racism and racist comments is that it’s not one problem but many that society has to deal with and the mechanisms are not robust or fit for purpose.

It’s also about how comments are heard or perceived. The Prime Minister seems to think it’s ok to be casually racist in his comments as do other Tory politician’s and supporters. So others take it as a lead.

Where I live Im referred to by local citizens as ‘the foreigner’. My in laws refer to me as ‘the foreigner’. My father in law also refers to me as ‘the foreign devil’ when he’s had a beer.

When talking about westerners I also refer to them as foreigners so that the people I’m talking to understand to whom I’m referring. But. When new staff or visitors come and are also called foreigner it comes as quite a shock to their sensitive natures. They can be quite affronted by it.

I’m not saying it’s right but in any society it’s seems too easy to slip into other peoples madnesses despite good intentions.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Or we could just apply a sense of proportion and let people say what they want, whether it’s offensive or not.
    Same guy talking about the English players kneeling:

Bloody nonsense .
    No ones booing it because they support racism. They just oppose BLM which wants to defund the police and armed services and thinks all white people are intrinsically bad ( which IS racism).
    I appreciate that these people are probably too thick to understand that , but personally I don’t want to pay to watch them publicising ANY political beliefs. They can do that in their own time.
    I think he's outing himself here.

"People can say what they want, as long as I agree with it!"

Or we could just apply a sense of proportion and let people say what they want, whether it’s offensive or not.
    That’s what we used to do anyway, and to me it seemed to work better.
    See, that’s a great opening post but no one else will comment because they’re all scared of getting in trouble and being accused of racism.
    Try being a person of colour and feeling safe when that happens…

The world does not revolve around white people

Quote Originally Posted by celticknight View Post

Letting people say what they want doesn’t mean that you then have to agree with or condone what they choose to say.
    Can you see how that works? It’s called liberal democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyscoular View Post
    How's that then? How can you be convicted for exercising a right? Surely, if you can be arrested and convicted for doing something then that something is not a right.
    I am simply explaining that people have the right to say what they want but if they do this it could be what they say means they will be arrested

You can call someone a nggr if you want to but you might get arrested for it

No more complicated than that

With free speech comes responsibility

Letting people say what they want doesn’t mean that you then have to agree with or condone what they choose to say.
    Can you see how that works? It’s called liberal democracy.
    In a Liberal democracy you can say you think immigration is a problem and you will find whilst people may or may not disagree with you , a sensible chat can occur

Thats freedom of speech

However letting people say what they want can mean that a bloke can walk up to a black bloke with his kids in Cardiff and say go back to your own country you nggr

So , sure , we should let people say what they want but saying certain stuff could lead you to getting a good beating or see you getting arrested for racially motivated public order offences

So with this Liberal freedom of speech thing there are consequences which is why people sending racist messages to black players need to be careful

Quite right. With every legitimate right comes a responsibility and consequences.
    No one suggested that because you can do something that you should necessarily do it.

Quote Originally Posted by celticknight View Post

On a side note, Tyrone Mings response to Priti was fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post

What a complete and utter twat that woman is

Genuine question - do people perceive a difference between discrimination of any type. For example, gender, race, sexual orientation, disability?

Surely they are all equally prevalent and equally damaging but I'm not convinced, as a society, we treat them the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post

Wasn’t it just. I wonder if it’s the first time ever that the England football team have been more eloquent than the UK Government?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Wasn’t it just. I wonder if it’s the first time ever that the England football team have been more eloquent than the UK Government?
    there's a really interesting dynamic going on at the moment. I think that if these senior Tories were having this public discourse with any other group of people they would be digging their heels in and doubling down. but they've come up against a group in the England players that are more popular, well spoken and better informed on this topic so theres some rapid back pedalling going on.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    A team of gazzas would be more eloquent than the buffoon and co.

This lot are not only incompetent bufoons but they are playing to a certain audience to attract votes.

Mings , Neville have said it how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    A team of gazzas would be more eloquent than the buffoon and co.

This lot are not only incompetent bufoons but they are playing to a certain audience to attract votes.

Mings , Neville have said it how it is.
    usually the Tories are having these arguments with people they can accuse of playing to the crowd, or being part of a woke lefty agenda. or are from organisations that are beholden to the government for funding like the BBC. these guys are speaking plainly from their own experience and it is so powerful

First Team

No, again, certainly not.
    I’ve been there but not for a long time and I thought it was an awful place.
    The little “racist “ thing wasn’t missed by the way but as I’ve said before I really don’t go in for proving at length that I’m not a racist in the absence of the tiniest indication that I might be.
    Ronnie, it was meant as a joke, and, not at your expense.

My apologies. I’m the first to complain when people are humourless and self righteous yet my response was just that !

My only excuse ( and it’s not really) is that despite never saying or doing anything “racist” as far as I know you eventually feel under the cosh whenever you take an unpopular view of any subject and most people end up feeling they have to disprove that they’re racist before saying anything.

Anyway that doesn’t excuse my irritable and perhaps even impolite outburst.
    ��

Emoji came out wrong - no idea what that one is!

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I am simply explaining that people have the right to say what they want but if they do this it could be what they say means they will be arrested

You can call someone a nggr if you want to but you might get arrested for it

No more complicated than that

With free speech comes responsibility

Ah, I think you mean people have the ABILITY to do whatever they want, not the right. We all have the ability to shoot someone but there is hardly a right to do so. Bit obvious, I suppose, but OK.

First Team

My apologies. I’m the first to complain when people are humourless and self righteous yet my response was just that !

My only excuse ( and it’s not really) is that despite never saying or doing anything “racist” as far as I know you eventually feel under the cosh whenever you take an unpopular view of any subject and most people end up feeling they have to disprove that they’re racist before saying anything.

Anyway that doesn’t excuse my irritable and perhaps even impolite outburst.
    ��
    I think you're "talking" to me? Absolutely no apology needed. It reflects well that on you that you feel (unnecessarily) the need to apologize.

Here's a virtual pint.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    What a complete and utter twat that woman is
    This bitch of a woman is the lowest of the low. Because she's been spawned by a wealthy family she's sold her soul to Mammon and the altar of elite supremacy.

Her attitude is..."nothing to see here, no racism, I'm with the white elite now and thank the Lord we've shut the door to the rest of you coloured proles"

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    This bitch of a woman is the lowest of the low. Because she's been spawned by a wealthy family she's sold her soul to Mammon and the altar of elite supremacy.

Her attitude is..."nothing to see here, no racism, I'm with the white elite now and thank the Lord we've shut the door to the rest of you coloured proles"
    That’s a pretty damning statement to make, about someone you’ve never met. It seems on here, that anyone who doesn’t agree with taking the knee is racist. Another damning thought process. I have many friends who disagree with the taking of the knee, and can exclusively reveal, that none of them are racist. In fact, quite a few of them over the yrs, have stood up against racism in the past, both in my company, and on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post

That statement is as racist as any of the twitter abuse. Her experience, personality and outlook is hers. Its not up to you to decide how she should think, especially because your idea of how she should act appears to be based on her heritage and skin colour

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    That’s a pretty damning statement to make, about someone you’ve never met. It seems on here, that anyone who doesn’t agree with taking the knee is racist. Another damning thought process. I have many friends who disagree with the taking of the knee, and can exclusively reveal, that none of them are racist. In fact, quite a few of them over the yrs, have stood up against racism in the past, both in my company, and on their own.
    Same here I even know black friends saying the same , a few are life long dedicated anti Tories .

As stated previously football authorities has in its gift to remove racism form football and really prove its anti racism outside of banners ,badges gestures , perhaps the out spoken footballers should take their full venom out on them as well as the government and drop themselves from social media sites will also force the twitter owners hands and demand Twitter and others remove anonymity to enable full exposure and prosecution ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47798392

I wonder how many of the people on here who celebrated when Bonucci scored on Sunday remember him saying that Moise Kean was partly to blame for being racially abused.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Shes a twat , a few weeks ago black players taking the knee were taking part in gesture politics

Now she's disgusted by the racial abuse of black players

So she's pandering to politics herself then a few weeks later she's not

Fecking awful woman