Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Digital ticket Barnsley

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Digital ticket Barnsley

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    If I'm not moaning, I'm not happy

Do you agree, that there will be problems Saturday
    As I said above, unless counting for human error I can't see how there would be any issues when ALL you have to do is scan a barcode (same as paper ticket or card people will be familiar with it) or tap the NFC like using contactless payment (people will be familiar with)

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    As I said above, unless counting for human error I can't see how there would be any issues when ALL you have to do is scan a barcode (same as paper ticket or card people will be familiar with it) or tap the NFC like using contactless payment (people will be familiar with)
    I can imagine BlueTit in London or Singapore, looking everywhere for the conductor as another train pulls off.

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post
    I can imagine BlueTit in London or Singapore, looking everywhere for the conductor as another train pulls off.

Little story

About 4 years ago, we were playing Fulham away, on a Saturday. Our coaches stopped at out usual haunt, just outside London

Now a husband & wife, wanted to meet friends in London, so they decided to catch the bus in, as it was only a short journey.
    I might add that the husband works in IT and the wife is a tax inspector.

Now they waited about 20 minutes, bus turns up, they get on.

It's "cashless", not a problem for these young forward going people, she takes her card out, "two to Fulham" she says confidently.

"Sorry love", says the driver, "I can take for you, but hubby will have to use his own card"

"What's the solution" they say, the driver says "go over that shop and buy two PAPER TICKETS"

You couldn't make it up, straight out of a Peter Kay comedy !!!!!!

If that's the future, you're welcome to it

Little story

About 4 years ago, we were playing Fulham away, on a Saturday. Our coaches stopped at out usual haunt, just outside London

Now a husband & wife, wanted to meet friends in London, so they decided to catch the bus in, as it was only a short journey.

It's "cashless", not a problem for these young forward going people, she takes her card out, "two to Fulham" she says confidently.

"Sorry love", says the driver, "I can take for you, but hubby will have to use his own card"

"What's the solution" they say, the driver says "go over that shop and buy two PAPER TICKETS"

Assuming that is true, and it isn't, why didn't these "forward thinking" people just use the same card twice. It isn't true because I paid for 6 of us a few times on buses in London. I'm afraid these people were either stringing you along or were just too dull.

Little story

he didn't have his own bank card?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    he didn't have his own bank card?
    He didn't need to. Also, getting on a London bus and asking for "2 to Fulham". Brilliant story, but utter nonsense.

I can see mayhem on Saturday, at the turnstiles
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mv0onXhyLlE

Any season ticket holders received their text / email link for their Barnsley ticket yet?

Nothing yet.
    Not sure why they choose to leave it so late?

https://tfl.gov.uk/fares/how-to-pay-...o?intcmp=54707

Send them the link so they know how the 21st century works. If they are concerned, then, honestly, they could ask any one of the millions of other tourists how it works and get an answer.

Crazy times for oldies with phones that aren't smart .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Crazy times for oldies with phones that aren't SMART .
    The oldies, or the phones

The oldies, or the phones

Well, I've just downloaded my Barnsley ticket. Have to say it wasn't the easiest task in the world.
    Once you know the route, it's simple enough to do, but finding that 'way in' is the hard part.
    I don't understand why the club doesn't publish clear and concise instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Well, I've just downloaded my Barnsley ticket. Have to say it wasn't the easiest task in the world.
    Once you know the route, it's simple enough to do, but finding that 'way in' is the hard part.
    I don't understand why the club doesn't publish clear and concise instructions.
    Or reactivate our existing season ticket cards

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Or reactivate our existing season ticket cards
    Enough with the sensible. Stop that kind of talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Enough with the sensible. Stop that kind of talk.
    Or place a silicon chip inside my head

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Or place a silicon chip inside my head
    I'm going to take one of these bad boys. If you get onto Amazon and order the parts now you could be building this Friday night and it'll be ready to stuff into a turnstile on Saturday afternoon. They want digital, I'll show them digital!

The club should create a page similar to Liverpool otherwise there could be chaos there saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    The club should create a page similar to Liverpool otherwise there could be chaos there saturday.
    Exactly. But I genuinely don't believe they can without the input of EFL Digital. A FAQs is essential and an idiot's guide to getting this stuff done. It's the reason they take forever to update the site or fix problems.

‘Salt o’ the Earth’ bus organisers prefer cash, not card or phone payments…know what I mean ;)

Has anyone been sent an email/text with the digital ticket yet?

No. Neither has anything arrived after doing the pallava from the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    No. Neither has anything arrived after doing the pallava from the OP.
    It wouldn't - if you did ‘the pallava from the OP’ your ticket will be on your phone !

I've downloaded my ticket onto my phone. Not quite sure how I did it but I did. And this morning I've downloaded my elderly mates ticket also onto my phone. I'm not sure how we get through the turnstile as its probably not the easiest thing to pass the phone back to outside I would have thought given the size of the turnstile arms.