+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: HAS ANYONE GOT THROUGH TO THE TICKET OFFICE on the PHONE ?

HAS ANYONE GOT THROUGH TO THE TICKET OFFICE on the PHONE ?

Still no tickets in the post, so tried ringing.

first 6 calls, end with them telling you to email

Now been listening to crap muzic for 20 minutes

Do this club want fans to attend. ?

Please, please, don't say use the tinternet, as I know it's not just me.

Re: HAS ANYONE GOT THROUGH TO THE TICKET OFFICE on the PHONE ?

45 minute waiting in the queue, but hopefully paper tickets being sent out

Why is "on the" not in caps?

What have they done to you?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

45 minute waiting in the queue, but hopefully paper tickets being sent out
    Using the internet would have been quicker.

How long is this sustained assault against the club going to continue for Tony? It's a lovely day for gardening or going to the pub. Let your hair down. Carrying all this negativity around with you constantly can't be good for the mind or your health.

Cheer up you grumpy old sod.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    How long is this sustained assault against the club going to continue for Tony? It's a lovely day for gardening or going to the pub. Let your hair down. Carrying all this negativity around with you constantly can't be good for the mind or your health.

Cheer up you grumpy old sod.

I thought my post sounded positive, club are actually talking to fans

I thought my post sounded positive, club are actually talking to fans
    I saw the shrug smiley, do the club want fans to attent, listening to crap music for 20.mins etc etc didn't scream out positivity to me, but glad you are happy

Thread moved to Grumpy Old Men Forum by moderator

I had to send an email asking for a paper ticket and explaining yet again that I don't have a smartphone. Serious representations must be made to the club to get them to put a stop to this approach they seem to have adopted - trying to go digital and expecting ST holders without smartphones to contact them every time they want to go to a game.

The Trust has raised the issue but so far it seems no action has been taken.

The message is clear: ST holders must be smartphone holders. I found the same problem when I tried to buy a ticket from the FAW for tomorrow night's Europe game with TNS at CCS. Digital tickets only.

In answer to your thread title then yes and they were lovely and accommodating 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    In answer to your thread title then yes and they were lovely and accommodating ��

Same here and wasn't it lovely actually talking to someone

its very poor that there is not an option to click on an account and request paper ticket . I

Maybe I'm over thinking perhaps the club has sought an opportunity to use this big demand game as a platform to see how many would take up the smartphone option, in a way to reduce the cost and workload associated to ordering and sending out cards or tickets in hard copy formats in the future ?

For the life of me I cant understand why we could just re activate the cards we have or issue new ones before this game as they were ordered, having a card in our possession before this this game would not mean you were guaranteed access through the turnstile if WAG had refused us entry ??

In theory you shouldn't need a ticket to gain entry. Having tickets provides you with a means of entry. Providing proof of you being a season ticket holder should be enough to get you in. It just takes longer and is a PITA.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    its very poor that there is not an option to click on an account and request paper ticket . I

Maybe I'm over thinking perhaps the club has sought an opportunity to use this big demand game as a platform to see how many would take up the smartphone option, in a way to reduce the cost and workload associated to ordering and sending out cards or tickets in hard copy formats in the future ?

For the life of me I cant understand why we could just re activate the cards we have or issue new ones before this game as they were ordered, having a card in our possession before this this game would not mean you were guaranteed access through the turnstile if WAG had refused us entry ??
    I've been saying this for over a week (in the future), the club are testing the waters to go totally digital

I've been saying this for over a week (in the future), the club are testing the waters to go totally digital
    It's going to happen for sure - and unfortunately, the club will become less accessible especially as it's wanted to go totally cashless too. It's wrong for people to assume everyone's the same and can afford or manage the technology the same way. This isn't moaning.

I mentioned on another thread how the App is really badly designed and there are problems with it on iPhone iOS after security updates. Smartphones are expensive and Apple's and Android'ss business model is one of annual upgrades and built-in obsolescence. This translates to phone models not being able to apply security updates if they are old (sometimes just over 3 years old) and Apps stop working meaning you are forced to upgrade. That's a huge cost to fans/consumers.

It's all very well people saying this is the way we're going, but just from an environmental point of view, these business models are unsustainable and are hardly progressive thinking. I happen to think this stuff needs talking about and shouldn't be dismissed.

I love technology and couldn't function without assistive systems. I think the eTicket has so much going for it, but just because we can do something doesn't always mean it's the correct thing to do.