+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ready to go!

Ready to go!

Okay, we’ve done everything we can I think, barring some last minute surprises.
    No new star players this year and quite a new policy regarding the playing staff, but it MIGHT work.

McCarthey has got a history of making the most of whatever he’s got to work with, sometimes achieving promotion with average looking squads, and although I’m not 100% convinced about his commitment he’s certainly neither daft nor incompetent.

I don’t like this prevailing talk of a transitional year. It’s not my way, and it’s loser talk. Either we go out there like lions and do our best to win the bloody thing or we might as well pack it in now. Forget that then and send them out with 150% support and expectation.

We are certainly asking a lot from some of these kids. Too much perhaps, and my previous reservations about this have been widely misinterpreted here, but it wouldn’t be the first time people have risen to the occasion and exceeded all expectations.

Let’s go for it then and take the place by storm .

Re: Ready to go!

Well, your grammar is second to none.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    leave her out of this

If Kieffer stays, and stays fit, we'll do ok.
    I think we'll see plenty of goals in our matches but not always ending in a positive result for us.

Lord Digby Jones CCMB moment

The transfer deadline is 31 Aug, so plenty of time for much coming and going yet...

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    No new star players this year and quite a new policy regarding the playing staff, but it MIGHT work.

McCarthey has got a history of making the most of whatever he’s got to work with, sometimes achieving promotion with average looking squads, and although I’m not 100% convinced about his commitment he’s certainly neither daft nor incompetent.

I don’t like this prevailing talk of a transitional year. It’s not my way, and it’s loser talk. Either we go out there like lions and do our best to win the bloody thing or we might as well pack it in now. Forget that then and send them out with 150% support and expectation.

We are certainly asking a lot from some of these kids. Too much perhaps, and my previous reservations about this have been widely misinterpreted here, but it wouldn’t be the first time people have risen to the occasion and exceeded all expectations.

People seem to be saying this a lot, but for me the only youngster likely to be a consistent first teamer Bagan. Sure some of the backup spots are filled with younger players but the squad is still packed with experience. A team of Phillips, Bagan, Morrison, Flint, Nelson, Ng, Ralls, Pack, Giles, Moore, Collins has almost 1,350 Championship games between them

I think we have a decent team who if they play to their strengths and we keep Moore may shock some , key for me are the full backs ,they form such an integral part of the modern game .

Not sure whether you’re kidding.
    I should be able to throw a few wordies together at this stage, but I’m wondering if I made some error which I’m still not spotting?
    Mind you, in fairness it was a certain style of writing where it’s generally acceptable to be a bit casual.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    If Kieffer stays, and stays fit, we'll do ok.
    I think we'll see plenty of goals in our matches but not always ending in a positive result for us.
    And I do think he’ll work well with Collins.

I dont understand the going with kids comments either.

Thats not happening we will have a very experienced side.

The worry is the lack of creativity for me.

There are some very young and inexperienced players, but as I said, let’s just encourage them now.

There are some very young and inexperienced players, but as I said, let’s just encourage them now.
    we are playing Barnsley who have a FAR younger squad than us

I am trying to be enthusiastic about the coming season. Looking forward to Saturday though.

My Pink away shirt arrived yesterday so I'm well chuffed. What's not to be happy about?

Awful bloody things. I never understand why we always have eccentric away kits.

You've changed your tune since "if these kids get hammered 5-0 every week Tan's going to sell up, maybe that's what he's planning"

Awful bloody things. I never understand why we always have eccentric away kits.
    It's almost as if people like different things!
    Last edited by Citizen's Nephew; 06-08-21 at 10:07. Reason: missed word

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    You've changed your tune since "if these kids get hammered 5-0 every week Tan's going to sell up, maybe that's what he's planning"

No I haven’t.
    It’s impossible to contend with those who pick some words out of a piece and arrange them into to a simplistic catchphrase which they can get angry and scream at.

I'd rather have a few youngsters in the team, rather than a mid 30s journey man with nothing to prove.

Not sure whether you’re kidding.
    I should be able to throw a few wordies together at this stage, but I’m wondering if I made some error which I’m still not spotting?
    Mind you, in fairness it was a certain style of writing where it’s generally acceptable to be a bit casual.
    On the contrary. It was refreshing to see. You've refreshed me just in time for the weekend.

No I haven’t.
    It’s impossible to contend with those who pick some words out of a piece and arrange them into to a simplistic catchphrase which they can get angry and scream at.
    angry and scream at?