+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Parking tomorrow

Parking tomorrow

Evening lads. I'm looking to drive from the Heath area to the game tomorrow (yes I could get the train but a bit apprehensive about it to be fair. Not a fan of crammed conditions at the best of times).

If I were to drive where would you recommend I park? Happy to pay and happy to walk a bit to the game.

Re: Parking tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Evening lads. I'm looking to drive from the Heath area to the game tomorrow (yes I could get the train but a bit apprehensive about it to be fair. Not a fan of crammed conditions at the best of times).

If I were to drive where would you recommend I park? Happy to pay and happy to walk a bit to the game.
    Not sure of the street before I look on maps, but the side street in canton with the church down there was always good for me on a Saturday

Edit. Earle place or crescent or something rings a bell.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Not sure of the street before I look on maps, but the side street in canton with the church down there was always good for me on a Saturday
    That's where my mate used to park, good shout thanks.

Does anyone know how busy it gets on Ninian Park station going back to Heath Low level? Train makes more sense but I've never taken that route before.

Try Hamilton Street, get there early . Buses are safe and less busy.

Does anyone know how busy it gets on Ninian Park station going back to Heath Low level? Train makes more sense but I've never taken that route before.
    The 17.02 departure will be chronically busy but if you can hang about for the 18.02 it will be a nicer socially distanced affair.

Quote Originally Posted by lincoln blue View Post
    The 17.02 departure will be chronically busy but if you can hang about for the 18.02 it will be a nicer socially distanced affair.
    Cheers mate. It's not necessarily Covid, I've never been a fan of hot stuffy public transport but it's only 16 minutes I suppose lol. Can you tell I'm apprehensive about the whole day tomorrow haha

I live in Heath too. Caught the train a few times 2 seasons ago from Heath To Ninnian and back. Wasn’t too bad getting back on at Ninian. I’ll probably be doing that myself tomorrow if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    I live in Heath too. Caught the train a few times 2 seasons ago from Heath To Ninnian and back. Wasn’t too bad getting back on at Ninian. I’ll probably be doing that myself tomorrow if that helps.
    I'll give it a go, perfect little route for the football fair play. Only just found out there was a direct line to Ninian.

Yeah I’m new to the area. Really handy. There’s a bus that goes from Rhydhelig Avenue too. Not tried that but easier option for me.

How did you get off with the train mate ?

I had a nightmare on the bus. Getting there was great no probs at all. Would prob use again tbh.
    However trying to get back was a nightmare.

Waited by Leckwith to catch bus back into town to catch a bus up to Heath. Waited till 17:20 but no sign of train. Walked into canton to wait for the direct bus to Heath but that never arrived. Think best bet for bus is walk into canton or Grangetown and get into the city centre.

I had a nightmare on the bus. Getting there was great no probs at all. Would prob use again tbh.

Waited by Leckwith to catch bus back into town to catch a bus up to Heath. Waited till 17:20 but no sign of train. Walked into canton to wait for the direct bus to Heath but that never arrived. Think best bet for bus is walk into canton or Grangetown and get into the city centre.

Hopefully the shittle buses will start running again soon.

Hopefully the shittle buses will start running again soon.
    Aw, they’re not that bad

Great mate thanks. Nice and easy, only issue was the timings so the 17:02 train meant I missed the last few minutes, which is annoying.

Great mate thanks. Nice and easy, only issue was the timings so the 17:02 train meant I missed the last few minutes, which is annoying.
    Yeah I was tempted to make a dash for it. Many getting on at that time ?

Yeah I was tempted to make a dash for it. Many getting on at that time ?
    Quite busy yeah but easily got a seat. I think next time (especially if it's a more entertaining game with the chance of a late winner) I'd stay on and walk very slowly to get the 18:02 train. Haha

I'm sure I used to make it to the first train from the family stand, well I know I did but not sure what time the train was when we were sat there.. Its not much of a walk from the stadium is it mate?

Apologies if you can't power walk like we used to, only mentioned it as we were the furthest away to walk there

I'm sure I used to make it to the first train from the family stand, well I know I did but not sure what time the train was when we were sat there.. Its not much of a walk from the stadium is it mate?

Apologies if you can't power walk like we used to, only mentioned it as we were the furthest away to walk there
    I could have probably made it mate. Moved to the lower seats to miss the backing up in the aisles.

I could have probably made it mate. Moved to the lower seats to miss the backing up in the aisles.
    Used to march to it with my daughter, first game we were the same stood up on the steps peering at the pitch as well walked back slowly.. Then you just kind of know what time you can leave and walk comfortably to the station, but you do question yourself the first few times!!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Aw, they’re not that bad
    Right answer, I'm a bit of a silly billy sir!

Used to march to it with my daughter, first game we were the same stood up on the steps peering at the pitch as well walked back slowly.. Then you just kind of know what time you can leave and walk comfortably to the station, but you do question yourself the first few times!!
    Trouble is since the pandemic the Coryton Trains are hourly as opposed to every 30 mins.

Just looked on the train app and there’s a train from Grangetown to Heath High Level at 17:14 and 17:40 on a Saturday. Could be worth a look.

Trouble is since the pandemic the Coryton Trains are hourly as opposed to every 30 mins.
    Not great.

Used to get the one just after 5 anyway even when they had the 2. Was just nicer to get home before 6 as it wasn't a rush for food/takeaway/evening plans whatever we had to do Saturday night.