+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tan remains "fully committed" to the Championship club insists chairman Mehmet Dalman...

Re: Tan remains "fully committed" to the Championship club insists chairman Mehmet Dalman...

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    OK, I'm with you and yes you're right, I see what you're getting at. It's just I don't believe everything I read so I was focussing on that bit but it did cross my mind that both statements (MEN and Wiki) were economical with the truth and that's what you meant.
    Maybe the writer/s being "economical with the truth" or just as likely being under researched!

Re: Tan remains "fully committed" to the Championship club insists chairman Mehmet Dalman...

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You call the dragon on the badge distasteful and repulsive - it is a significant symbol of good luck, strength and health to the man and his family who has pumped over £100m into our club and what is wrong with having a representation of that on the club badge.
    Hear, hear! It’s entirely normal for professional football club owners to have their own, personal little symbols on their clubs’ badges. Nothing tacky or egotistical about it at all. Most club owners do it, don’t they?

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    Maybe the writer/s being "economical with the truth" or just as likely being under researched!
    I have sympathy when the Wikipedia page states what it does though. Mr Dalman could always get it changed.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Hear, hear! It’s entirely normal for professional football club owners to have their own, personal little symbols on their clubs’ badges. Nothing tacky or egotistical about it at all. Most club owners do it, don’t they?
    I wouldn't say most club owners do it but sadly Tan isn't the only one to have changed our badge is he

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I wouldn't say most club owners do it but sadly Tan isn't the only one to have changed our badge is he
    You’re right. The club’s badge has been amended on a number of occasions throughout its history. I’m pretty sure Tan is the only owner to have incorporated his own ‘lucky’ symbol, though - something that seems incredibly egotistical.

Can you think of another club owner, anywhere, who has done something similar? Maybe there are other examples, but I can’t think of any.

Tan could change the badge to Tan eating something from a Kenny Rogers Roasters and dml would applaud it.

If an owner can't put a symbol he likes on the badge then what can he do? World's gone mad.
    I think we should scorch a picture of his face into the centre circle.

Lucky dragon is working though.

Barnsley didn't know what hit 'em.

You’re right. The club’s badge has been amended on a number of occasions throughout its history. I’m pretty sure Tan is the only owner to have incorporated his own ‘lucky’ symbol, though - something that seems incredibly egotistical.

Can you think of another club owner, anywhere, who has done something similar? Maybe there are other examples, but I can’t think of any.
    Nevermind that, we must surely be one of the ‘unluckiest’ clubs about, we get an owner who is very wealthy and we still bumble about in the championship getting nowhere slowly whilst apparently blowing millions….time to change the lucky dragon?

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Lucky dragon is working though.

Barnsley didn't know what hit 'em.
    Lucky dragon working well since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Lucky dragon working well since 2010
    Maybe he should change it to a Goat, most Chinese consider it to be the unluckiest symbol of the Chinese zodiac…..

If Tan is fully committed I shudder to think what an uncommitted owner acts like.

Not going to games, giving next to no money for transfers, putting a bunch of unqualified pals in charge.......oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Maybe he should change it to a Goat, most Chinese consider it to be the unluckiest symbol of the Chinese zodiac…..
    It literally wouldn't surprise me.

Some of the things have been downright bizarre for somebody so serious about football that he buys several clubs.

I have said all along that we have gone up under this ownership despite the owner and hapless board rather than because of it. A broken clock is right twice a day.

It’s Dalman’s default position. He declares having a lot of faith in everyone Tan appoints. Until Tan sacks them.
    Yup. Which is why I call bullsh*t on the kind of soundbites he dishes out to the fans via the media.

There are three areas in recent times I think a strong board would have intervened and/or implemented a Duty Of Care policy from the playbook. These aren't in any order and I'm not bothering with dates because there are plenty on this board who will know when these happened.

1. I saw Neil Warnock in tears and right in front of me at a match shortly after Sala's death. He was broken. Why did they let him carry on in that condition when there was so much damage that was going to be done to him and the club? I'm not being heartless, far from it. He was in no fit state to manage after what had just happened. But it's football so the rules that apply to every other business don't count.

2. Gary Madine and Lee Tomlin were excluded from the pre-season USA b*llox because of convictions and their denial of US Visas. Why was that trip sanctioned in the first place? Why were two squad players dragged through the mud in the press and punished again for having criminal records? Why was that allowed to happen? It wasn't for great PR and teambuilding reasons was it? CityAsOne?

3. They should have paid Nantes. They should have done the right thing. They should have sucked it up. But hey, let's spaff a load on lawyers and make our club and supporters look like muppets for their tributes.

If anyone feels I'm being unfair then what would you have done? How would you have managed these situations?

We've got a lot of things to be thankful for, when it comes to Tan's ownership. Look around you - it could be a whole lot worse than it is. I'd prefer Tan to sell his other clubs, and concentrate instead on getting Cardiff up amongst the big boys, but that's his shout.
    As for Sala, this all comes down to insurance. The two clubs should agree to split the cost. £7m each, with £2m going to his family. But that's far too sensible.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    We've got a lot of things to be thankful for, when it comes to Tan's ownership. Look around you - it could be a whole lot worse than it is.
    The 'little old Cardiff' mantra - it could be worse.

We've got a lot of things to be thankful for, when it comes to Tan's ownership. Look around you - it could be a whole lot worse than it is. I'd prefer Tan to sell his other clubs, and concentrate instead on getting Cardiff up amongst the big boys, but that's his shout.
    As for Sala, this all comes down to insurance. The two clubs should agree to split the cost. £7m each, with £2m going to his family. But that's far too sensible.
    I don't agree. Pay Nantes the full amount and sort it out with the insurers afterwards not before. Imagine if this had been the other way around? The board sanctioned the purchase. Tan needs to release this money, do the right thing. He also put the club at real risk of being relegated after the tragedy by not clearing this up sooner and you would have thought that the most important thing of all was to stay in the PL. He did not ensure that happened.

This next bit is going to sound heartless but why pay Sala's family £2M out of club funds? Or are you saying Tan should pay it? Another reason for ensuring we stayed in the PL. He'd have a lot more money at his disposal if we were still in it (like Wolves). We all knew we were in real jeopardy of being relegated before a ball was kicked so why didn't Tan and the board?

There's a lot that just doesn't add up unless you conclude he's not interested and doesn't care? His actions and that of the board's suggest we are treading water until the next boss.

What an owner , stayed loyal since 2010 , not even Welsh.

I wonder how he stacks up against other owners in terms of loyalty and time served . .

Well done Dai VT

It definitely seems we are at the spend as little as possible until something comes up stage.

That is what makes our feeble attempts at staying in the Premier League all the more baffling. Surely even Vinny and his band of merry men realise an established Premier League club is infinitely more appealing than one kicking its heels in mid table in the Championship?

Yup. Which is why I call bullsh*t on the kind of soundbites he dishes out to the fans via the media.

There are three areas in recent times I think a strong board would have intervened and/or implemented a Duty Of Care policy from the playbook. These aren't in any order and I'm not bothering with dates because there are plenty on this board who will know when these happened.

1. I saw Neil Warnock in tears and right in front of me at a match shortly after Sala's death. He was broken. Why did they let him carry on in that condition when there was so much damage that was going to be done to him and the club? I'm not being heartless, far from it. He was in no fit state to manage after what had just happened. But it's football so the rules that apply to every other business don't count.

2. Gary Madine and Lee Tomlin were excluded from the pre-season USA b*llox because of convictions and their denial of US Visas. Why was that trip sanctioned in the first place? Why were two squad players dragged through the mud in the press and punished again for having criminal records? Why was that allowed to happen? It wasn't for great PR and teambuilding reasons was it? CityAsOne?

3. They should have paid Nantes. They should have done the right thing. They should have sucked it up. But hey, let's spaff a load on lawyers and make our club and supporters look like muppets for their tributes.

If anyone feels I'm being unfair then what would you have done? How would you have managed these situations?

I agree that Dalman is a smooth bullshitter (although the 'best chairman' Warnock ever had apparently) and the Board lacks any clear strategy (or at least one they have shared with the fans) or football knowledge. I don't understand what the new Board member is supposed to bring to the club despite a number of gushing pieces by WOL. But it does appear that there have been major steps forward over the past 2 years around the academy (coaching and pathway to the first team) and some elements of club infrastructure. But when it comes to playing style and communication there is very little progress.

Compared to Brentford or even Barnsley, the club do appear to be unsure what they are trying to do a lot of the time. There was more leadership, even if misplaced or unconvincing, when Tan was doing long fan meetings in support of Russell Slade. At least then there was an attempt to spell out a vision and a plan.

But I don't agree with you on your two of your three examples. 1. Warnock and the club were traumatised by Sala's death, but are you really saying he should have been sacked or sent on compulsory sick leave if he didn't want that? We do not know what was or was not in place to provide support for Warnock or others most affected and no evidence that the club failed in its duty of care to employees. 2. The pre season trip to the USA was stupid idea for many more reasons than the ban on Tomlin and Madine. Excessive travel and poor quality opposition for starters. A lot of cost for very little benefit. 3. The whole Sala tragedy has been done to destruction on this Board over the past two and a half years, but from my understanding of the situation the club are right not to pay Nantes - at least until they have taken the case through CAS.

I don't agree. Pay Nantes the full amount and sort it out with the insurers afterwards not before. Imagine if this had been the other way around? The board sanctioned the purchase. Tan needs to release this money, do the right thing. He also put the club at real risk of being relegated after the tragedy by not clearing this up sooner and you would have thought that the most important thing of all was to stay in the PL. He did not ensure that happened.

This next bit is going to sound heartless but why pay Sala's family £2M out of club funds? Or are you saying Tan should pay it? Another reason for ensuring we stayed in the PL. He'd have a lot more money at his disposal if we were still in it (like Wolves). We all knew we were in real jeopardy of being relegated before a ball was kicked so why didn't Tan and the board?

There's a lot that just doesn't add up unless you conclude he's not interested and doesn't care? His actions and that of the board's suggest we are treading water until the next boss.
    Are we allowed to do this?
    I thought it was said yonks ago that we had to leave the insurance deal with it.
    Some things don't look the best publicly but sometimes it's not all down to public relations, if we have our hands tied with the insurance there isn't much we can do?

I say all that on the basis that the comment I read was indeed accurate...

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    You shouldn't believe what is in some paper. Dalman may have worked at an Investment Bank, but he was never an Investment Banker. He is a career investment trader turned relationship manager.
    You find this pertinent to this discussion?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    He is a damn sight better owner and businessman than you are a supporter thats for sure. Plus all the criticisms you level at him are exaggerated and misrepresented. Would you continue to employ a manager who has wasted millions of pounds of your money and laughed about you and called you racist names behind your back ? You call the dragon on the badge distasteful and repulsive - it is a significant symbol of good luck, strength and health to the man and his family who has pumped over £100m into our club and what is wrong with having a representation of that on the club badge. Whats it got to do with you as well whether the stadium is named or who sponsors the club - its Vincent Tans money and he can generate income (or not) in any way he sees fit. People like you are like stuck records and need to get over yourselves, you are dragging the club and the rest of us down.
    Jesus Christ. You're pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Tan could change the badge to Tan eating something from a Kenny Rogers Roasters and dml would applaud it.

If an owner can't put a symbol he likes on the badge then what can he do? World's gone mad.
    I think we should scorch a picture of his face into the centre circle.

But it could also be so much better. Don't you ever think of that? I find it ironic (and this is not relevant to you personally) that the happy clappers on here are quick to dismiss those of us who want more for the club as "not real supporters". If you love something, shouldn't you want it to be the best it can be?