+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did everyone's eticket work?

Re: Did everyone's eticket work?

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post
    BlueTit said there would be chaos. Was he right?

Everyone has tales of how successful it was, or how poor it was.

Personally, if that was how it worked with a 13,000 crowd (no way was there 17000 in attendance), I dread to think what it would have been like in a 30,000 crowd

Remember, anything over about 18,000, are not regular fans, so the system would be new to them, causing even more confusion !

Give me season ticket cards, much simpler

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

Personally, if that was how it worked with a 13,000 crowd (no way was there 17000 in attendance), I dread to think what it would have been like in a 30,000 crowd

Remember, anything over about 18,000, are not regular fans, so the system would be new to them, causing even more confusion !

Well maybe best they get used to it with smaller crowds. Plenty of other places are using mobile phone based tickets for entry, the London underground being a prime example... only issue there is people being dense or not prepared at the barriers, which is probably the same as any issues down the city on Saturday (didn't see more than 1 personally whilst queueing).

A mobile season ticket card is no more complicated than a physical version, if you have a smart phone which can support them. The vast majority of the crowd will.

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Surprised mine did easily
    I tried the NFT ticket first in Apple Wallet (just holding the phone near the outside reader), which picked up the NFT but the turnstile didn't open (just the blue light flickered), so just got the screenshot of the barcode up and that worked fine - 30 second delay if that. Be good to get the NFT working properly, as it does for most other applications.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Season ticket holders would be included in that figure whether they went or not.
    This is often said by those who want to denegrate City's home support but how do you know it is true. Every person who enters the ground is counted by the automatic turnstile system, so it is easy for the club to know exactly how many people go in. Why would they therefore publicise a fictitious figure ? There is nothing to be gained by doing this. In fact it might cost them more in vat and tax if they deliberately inflate it. The ground holds over 33000 don't forget, so 17500 is only just over half full which, from what I saw, was about correct - the ninian and canton stands were pretty full and Barnsley must have brought 600-700 at least.

Lets be honest, after all the palaver you made about the digital tickets and lack of access to paper ones, you wouldn't want to admit that nearly 17500 people managed to attend, as pre-game you were adamant that thousands would be knocked off the gate by the ‘fiasco’ as you put it. From what I saw 17500 was about right, bearing in mind the capacity of over 33000. The ninian and canton stands were pretty full and Barnsley brought a reasonable number. There were also people in the upper ninian.

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post
    BlueTit said there would be chaos. Was he right?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    This is often said by those who want to denegrate City's home support but how do you know it is true. Every person who enters the ground is counted by the automatic turnstile system, so it is easy for the club to know exactly how many people go in. Why would they therefore publicise a fictitious figure ? There is nothing to be gained by doing this. In fact it might cost them more in vat and tax if they deliberately inflate it. The ground holds over 33000 don't forget, so 17500 is only just over half full which, from what I saw, was about correct - the ninian and canton stands were pretty full and Barnsley must have brought 600-700 at least.
    Logic dictates this post requires attention.

The assertion is that the announced attendance must be the number claimed as otherwise the club may have to pay more VAT and tax.

The immediate logical flaw is the assumption that somehow HMRC work from attendance - this is not only unworkable but implausible as it intimates HMRC must be aware of a breakdown of ticket sales and ticket prices rather than working off income.

As for the assertion the announced crowd must be correct, this ignores the fact that the only people who need to know the actual attendance for regulatory concerns are the authorities concerned.

Verdict; poster logic flawed, post incorrect

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Regulars, if that term can be used after such a long break, by me....one couldn't access Internet on his phone outside the stadium so went to the ticket office and got a proper ticket. Another used last season's ST to gain access after showing it to a steward.
    After all the hassle, has anyone actually worked out why we are getting brand new STs? Like passports, do they have a limited lifespan chip inside?
    To answer my own question....we are getting dual purpose STs that will also act as a Barclaycard Visa card. Seems tha concourse facilities will be going contactless (including those not open on Saturday?) and we will be encouraged to use our Barclycard/ST to pay for refreshments/food/club shop purposes. That way we can have exciting rewards as loyal fans.

Nope!

Absolute shambles. The queue outside Gate 4 was down to Mcdonalds at 2.50. Had two tickets and the club texted the same ticket to me and my mate, so once i got in, he couldnt. The email on my yahoo didnt include a QR code.

All a joke - huge queues to get in, huge queues for booze and food, no cash (even to buy a programme)..really a pretty shit experience to be honest, and yet they it to us as progress.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Nope!

Absolute shambles. The queue outside Gate 4 was down to Mcdonalds at 2.50. Had two tickets and the club texted the same ticket to me and my mate, so once i got in, he couldnt. The email on my yahoo didnt include a QR code.

All a joke - huge queues to get in, huge queues for booze and food, no cash (even to buy a programme)..really a pretty shit experience to be honest, and yet they it to us as progress.

No, you must be mistaken, all went fine according to the one eyed people on here

No, you must be mistaken, all went fine according to the one eyed people on here
    I'd say from my personal experience and from being there and seeing it in action that overall it went pretty smoothly, with some hiccups. Kickoff certainly wasn't delayed like one drama queen said (hoped?) it would be

That's not to say that I don't think there should be a non-technology option for those who'll struggle with this system though, there definitely needs to be more consideration for the older generation of fans.

I think the thing is that this is about getting 'customers' inside a building. People have been visiting stadiums, theatres and the like for many hundreds of years, and these changes are sold as progress and yet the situation gets worst. Success is viewed as someone managing to enter the ground - well that has always happened. The point is there shouldnt even be a discussion on it. It all just strikes me as bad customer service really - there are negatives that come with making everything electronic and it feels like the club dont take account of that

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    No one is publicising an incorrect figure
    Attendance can mean either the number of tickets sold or the number of people through the turnstiles. For safety reasons, on the day authorities need to know the latter figure, but what benefit is there to the club in publicising a lower figure?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45158878

The system is basically what paying with a chip and pin card has been for years.

You'd have to have lived under a stone or be about 80 not to get it.

I don't know why you keep on like it's some kind of feat of human intelligence to tap a card or phone to gain entry.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    The system is basically what paying with a chip and pin card has been for years.

You'd have to have lived under a stone or be about 80 not to get it.

I don't know why you keep on like it's some kind of feat of human intelligence to tap a card or phone to gain entry.
    Tap a card (or insert it, actually) was the tried and tested way, no need to have things sent to a ‘phone, we actually, well I do anyway, have an existing season ticket card that I assume could have been reactivated, no need to do anything, just take it out of your wallet. We’re getting new cards now though I see, with what seems to be a pre payment option for goods at the stadium outlet. Why? We have notes in our wallets that do the job without anything prior needing to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Tap a card (or insert it, actually) was the tried and tested way, no need to have things sent to a ‘phone, we actually, well I do anyway, have an existing season ticket card that I assume could have been reactivated, no need to do anything, just take it out of your wallet. We’re getting new cards now though I see, with what seems to be a pre payment option for goods at the stadium outlet. Why? We have notes in our wallets that do the job without anything prior needing to be done.
    I guess you wont receive your loyalty points if you use any payment method other than your season ticket card.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I guess you wont receive your loyalty points if you use any payment method other than your season ticket card.
    Loyalty points!!!! Loyalty points you say, I deserves a medal as big as a dustbin lid for my dedication to the cause

Change is coming. Change is good.

Why do older people fight change so much?

We don't, I'm nearly 80 and I renewed my ST and parking permit on my Samsung Galaxy Note 10. Then I downloaded my ticket and strolled right through the turnstile process on Saturday, easy peasy!

I've been computer literate for about 41 years.
    Some older people fight change but they and the ones who are tech savvy, are the ones who've paid taxes and funded schools and universities over many decades to educate and turn out the technology innovators and scientists who've invented all this technology the young ones can't get dressed without, or navigate from Sloper Rd to Leckwith Rd without an Application or 3.

They may fight change but they know how to do stuff! Nos da.

Quote Originally Posted by lincoln blue View Post
    We don't, I'm nearly 80 and I renewed my ST and parking permit on my Samsung Galaxy Note 10. Then I downloaded my ticket and strolled right through the turnstile process on Saturday, easy peasy!

I've been computer literate for about 41 years.
    Some older people fight change but they and the ones who are tech savvy, are the ones who've paid taxes and funded schools and universities over many decades to educate and turn out the technology innovators and scientists who've invented all this technology the young ones can't get dressed without, or navigate from Sloper Rd to Leckwith Rd without an Application or 3.

They may fight change but they know how to do stuff! Nos da.

We’re not fighting change per se, it’s change for change’s sake that’s annoying. Serious question.....do you agree that the season ticket card that we’ve had since the old season ticket book (now that was a change for the good) was/is ok? Mobile ‘phones are marvellous devices, yes, but they can be temperamental, they do occasionally fail. In fact I was on a train journey yesterday praying my ‘phone, which was on red, wouldn’t conk out should I need to show the tickets (schoolboy error, didn’t print them off).

Hopefully our new cards will be here shortly, to me it’s a much simpler way that doesn’t need changing. Cash has been around for centuries and has worked well, you go out with £100, your taxi home is a tenner, when you’ve spent £90 it’s time for home. Go out with just a card, the brakes are off, you don’t go home and could well up in tears checking your bank balance the next day.

I go down the City with the same two mates I’ve gone with for years, we have a cheaper few pints before and after the game but have one at half time in the ground. We drink in rounds but the one in the ground, due to the extra cost of a beer, we lob the cash in to whichever of us is going to the bar. Ok, one of us will soon have to use a card by the looks, say it’s a fiver a pint, we’ll give him a fiver each. Even though he’s had the tenner, it never goes back in the bank, so according to his account that pint has cost him £15. Or do we all queue individually, causing more congestion, to pay with our own cards? This loyalty card thing will mean everyone buying individually at every outlet, not a good idea.

We’re not fighting change per se, it’s change for change’s sake that’s annoying. Serious question.....do you agree that the season ticket card that we’ve had since the old season ticket book (now that was a change for the good) was/is ok? Mobile ‘phones are marvellous devices, yes, but they can be temperamental, they do occasionally fail. In fact I was on a train journey yesterday praying my ‘phone, which was on red, wouldn’t conk out should I need to show the tickets (schoolboy error, didn’t print them off).

Hopefully our new cards will be here shortly, to me it’s a much simpler way that doesn’t need changing. Cash has been around for centuries and has worked well, you go out with £100, your taxi home is a tenner, when you’ve spent £90 it’s time for home. Go out with just a card, the brakes are off, you don’t go home and could well up in tears checking your bank balance the next day.

I go down the City with the same two mates I’ve gone with for years, we have a cheaper few pints before and after the game but have one at half time in the ground. We drink in rounds but the one in the ground, due to the extra cost of a beer, we lob the cash in to whichever of us is going to the bar. Ok, one of us will soon have to use a card by the looks, say it’s a fiver a pint, we’ll give him a fiver each. Even though he’s had the tenner, it never goes back in the bank, so according to his account that pint has cost him £15. Or do we all queue individually, causing more congestion, to pay with our own cards? This loyalty card thing will mean everyone buying individually at every outlet, not a good idea.
    You can print your train tickets at the station, or charge your phone. That's not the phones fault is it?

Maybe the cards needed updating, I've not idea how long they can last, and as it goes they needed to upgrade them to introduce other features.

People don't have to use their phone to get in do they, but it is now a smart option for those that want to.

Its not changing for the sake of it, its keeping up with modern life.

As for the last bit, don't be so tight someone always catches an expensive round I've not heard any of my mates moan about that kind of thing tbh, not in a serious way anyway.
    Does he have a tenner back?? Yes?? Right. What's it matter what his bank says
    If its that much bother transfer them the fiver.. From your mobile banking. Another change for changing sake that's made life easier.

You can print your train tickets at the station, or charge your phone. That's not the phones fault is it?

Maybe the cards needed updating, I've not idea how long they can last, and as it goes they needed to upgrade them to introduce other features.

People don't have to use their phone to get in do they, but it is now a smart option for those that want to.

Its not changing for the sake of it, its keeping up with modern life.

As for the last bit, don't be so tight someone always catches an expensive round I've not heard any of my mates moan about that kind of thing tbh, not in a serious way anyway.
    Does he have a tenner back?? Yes?? Right. What's it matter what his bank says
    If its that much bother transfer them the fiver.. From your mobile banking. Another change for changing sake that's made life easier.
    Mobile banking??? Mine's static, it’s in a building in Queen St