+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Blokes shopping with no masks on...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Blokes shopping with no masks on...

My brother was in Sheffield last week with work and on the last evening he was there he took a couple of the blokes he'd been working with out for a pint before he headed back to his hotel. The nearest pub was a wetherspoons so they went in there. My brother was sat outside and went in to the toilet and put his mask on as he was going inside. A woman confronted him and told him to take it off. He politely explained that he wouldn't and in fairness it was more for their protection rather than his. She started getting very aggressive with him and tried to rip it off his face. He stepped away from her and carried on to the toilet. On the way back out her husband/boyfriend blocked his way and threatened to smash his face in if he didn't take it off. As he was nearly outside he obliged as he isn't a violent kind of bloke. The guy then grabbed his hand and shook it.

Moral of this story is firstly avoid wetherspoons and secondly avoid wetherspoons. Some people are just idiots.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue View Post
    My brother was in Sheffield last week with work and on the last evening he was there he took a couple of the blokes he'd been working with out for a pint before he headed back to his hotel. The nearest pub was a wetherspoons so they went in there. My brother was sat outside and went in to the toilet and put his mask on as he was going inside. A woman confronted him and told him to take it off. He politely explained that he wouldn't and in fairness it was more for their protection rather than his. She started getting very aggressive with him and tried to rip it off his face. He stepped away from her and carried on to the toilet. On the way back out her husband/boyfriend blocked his way and threatened to smash his face in if he didn't take it off. As he was nearly outside he obliged as he isn't a violent kind of bloke. The guy then grabbed his hand and shook it.

Moral of this story is firstly avoid wetherspoons and secondly avoid wetherspoons. Some people are just idiots.
    That moral is completely wrong.
    You're blaming and calling out the name of a pub, and all the others in the chain for the actions of 1 couple who had no brief for the pub in particular or the business in general.
    What gives you the right to slag off a business because of the actions of an individual?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    You're blaming and calling out the name of a pub, and all the others in the chain for the actions of 1 couple who had no brief for the pub in particular or the business in general.
    What gives you the right to slag off a business because of the actions of an individual?
    It was meant as tongue in cheek, my friend. But every wetherspoons i've ever been in usually pretty crap. So i'll stand by that moral.

Oooh, we've found a Wetherspoon's fan.

Wetherspoon's has done more damage to the pub industry than covid ever did or ever will. Pubs for twats.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post

Wetherspoon's has done more damage to the pub industry than covid ever did or ever will. Pubs for twats.

What do you mean "WE'VE found" ? Member of a vigilante group are you?
    Everyone who drinks in Wetherspoons is a twat? What makes you so superior that you can look down on ordinary people enjoying themselves?
    You're the twat jirga.
    that they have harmed the pub trade is nonsense. They have also rescued many old buildings from disuse and salvaged parts of local history in the process. And if wetherspoons didn't exist all the people who drink there wouldeb drinking somewhere else. So what?

Everyone who drinks in Wetherspoons is a twat? What makes you so superior that you can look down on ordinary people enjoying themselves?
    You're the twat jirga.
    that they have harmed the pub trade is nonsense. They have also rescued many old buildings from disuse and salvaged parts of local history in the process. And if wetherspoons didn't exist all the people who drink there wouldeb drinking somewhere else. So what?
    Can we agree that the guy who owns them is a twat and therefore not lining his pockets is a positive thing to do?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Can we agree that the guy who owns them is a twat and therefore not lining his pockets is a positive thing to do?
    Its not just lining his pockets though is it? He employs 40,000 directly and probably thousands more through the supply chain.

You're the twat jirga.
    On the contrary, I didn't say everybody who drinks in Wetherspoon's is a twat. I said it is a pub for twats, and your defence of them seems to have hit a nerve.

Wetherspoon's opened in our town, a town with 5 decent pubs in the centre and another 8-10 outside the centre, but a small town all the same. Within 18 months, we only had Wetherspoon's left, and 2 of the pubs turned into restaurants instead. That story isn't unique to my town. Wetherspoon's and that complete tosser of an owner have caused untold damage to the real pub industry. I'd love for Wetherspoon's to close down and for people to drink elsewhere - in pubs where there is a landlord, an atmosphere, and a bit of character.

Wetherspoon's "salvages" local history. In what way? Calling a pub in Cardiff the "Aneurin"? Do me a favour. Bevan was the MP for Ebbw Vale whose residents refused to allow their Wetherspoon's to be named "The Aneurin". Bevan was born in Tredegar, and they also refused to allow their Wetherspoon's to be named the "Aneurin".

I see Tim Martin is being held up as a great man. It's almost like when he ditched his workers within hours of the first lockdown never happened.

On the contrary, I didn't say everybody who drinks in Wetherspoon's is a twat. I said it is a pub for twats, and your defence of them seems to have hit a nerve.

Wetherspoon's opened in our town, a town with 5 decent pubs in the centre and another 8-10 outside the centre, but a small town all the same. Within 18 months, we only had Wetherspoon's left, and 2 of the pubs turned into restaurants instead. That story isn't unique to my town. Wetherspoon's and that complete tosser of an owner have caused untold damage to the real pub industry. I'd love for Wetherspoon's to close down and for people to drink elsewhere - in pubs where there is a landlord, an atmosphere, and a bit of character.

this is a interesting post and something i hear / read often

Oh Weatherspoons has caused all our local pubs to close, but why ? ? ? yes is sells cheaper booze, but these " real pubs " that people miss so much / mourn when they close, why did they shut, surely these same people who wouldnt ever consider stepping inside 'spoons and hate them with such passion would still be using the " real pubs with character " so these pubs would still have business and still be open, But they still close ? ? ? why

not sure the hatred for 'spoons, they are not the reason these real pubs are closing, they provide a service, people choose to use it or not, maybe these " real pubs " could look at what is going wrong closer to home and what 'spoons is doing thats attracting all the " real pubs customers " and causing them to close

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    this is a interesting post and something i hear / read often

Oh Weatherspoons has caused all our local pubs to close, but why ? ? ? yes is sells cheaper booze, but these " real pubs " that people miss so much / mourn when they close, why did they shut, surely these same people who wouldnt ever consider stepping inside 'spoons and hate them with such passion would still be using the " real pubs with character " so these pubs would still have business and still be open, But they still close ? ? ? why

not sure the hatred for 'spoons, they are not the reason these real pubs are closing, they provide a service, people choose to use it or not, maybe these " real pubs " could look at what is going wrong closer to home and what 'spoons is doing thats attracting all the " real pubs customers " and causing them to close
    How do you explain the correlation between the arrival of Wetherspoons to some towns, and closure of long established pubs shortly afterwards?

You must drink there often.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    You must drink there often.
    I've seen what drinking does to people. You being an example.

Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue View Post

Wow amazing stuff….amazing how many idiots we share this island with, be careful they are out there and we’ve not really had to put up with them for 18 months

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Wow amazing stuff….amazing how many idiots we share this island with, be careful they are out there and we’ve not really had to put up with them for 18 months
    Problem is, they all seem to have spent the last 18 months confirming each others biases and they've come out not just thinking they are correct, but KNOWING they are correct.