+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Blokes shopping with no masks on...

Re: Blokes shopping with no masks on...

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post
    Really? Why?
    I'd say that the 'Chavvy' comment was a bit naughty.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    not worn a mask since the the start. there's no evidence that they help even during heart or brain surgery.
    umm... https://www.pnas.org/content/118/4/e2014564118

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Its not just lining his pockets though is it? He employs 40,000 directly and probably thousands more through the supply chain.
    My niece thinks he's a ****, but her landlord doesn't care who she works for so long as she pays her rent.. The same case for 40k others employed by the massive twat, unfortunately we can't all sit on our arsed not working, giving Neil from the young ones a run for his money, so many people just have to work for twats.

I don't think they care as long as they pick up a wage! But in the picturesque world of Internet and ml newspaper reporting some probably can't understand why anyone would work for them.. Go find another job.. Shouts the man who doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    All types of people from all sorts of backgrounds are deciding not to wear masks.

Some people just have an agenda though don't they..

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    All types of people from all sorts of backgrounds are deciding not to wear masks.

Some people just have an agenda though don't they..
    I don't know. I quite often agree with AAA, i was surprised when he used the Chav word. No drama though

I don't know. I quite often agree with AAA, i was surprised when he used the Chav word. No drama though
    No drama, i can just see it's an angle to argue with. It's a big thing with online posting these days isn't it

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    With the exception of a small percentage of unlucky souls...pretty much everybody has been given the opportunity for the vaccine.

The vaccines work or they don’t and it’s time to move on now I think.
    People have sacrificed enough and those that have taken the vaccine shouldn’t be mandated or shamed into wearing a mask for the benefit of those that decided not to.
    Tbf the vaccine can be around 60-80% effective against the Delta variant, so the effectiveness is not black and white. Also there is no harm in wearing a mask and wearing a mask protects those who's vaccines wouldn't work fully.

And the virus is not going away so basic precautions, like mask wearing should remain imo. Put it this way, would you want a restaurant to serve you raw chicken? Or would you even think about eating raw chicken? Same logic with COVID and other illnesses

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    What do you mean "WE'VE found" ? Member of a vigilante group are you?
    Everyone who drinks in Wetherspoons is a twat? What makes you so superior that you can look down on ordinary people enjoying themselves?
    You're the twat jirga.
    that they have harmed the pub trade is nonsense. They have also rescued many old buildings from disuse and salvaged parts of local history in the process. And if wetherspoons didn't exist all the people who drink there wouldeb drinking somewhere else. So what?
    On the contrary, I didn't say everybody who drinks in Wetherspoon's is a twat. I said it is a pub for twats, and your defence of them seems to have hit a nerve.

Wetherspoon's opened in our town, a town with 5 decent pubs in the centre and another 8-10 outside the centre, but a small town all the same. Within 18 months, we only had Wetherspoon's left, and 2 of the pubs turned into restaurants instead. That story isn't unique to my town. Wetherspoon's and that complete tosser of an owner have caused untold damage to the real pub industry. I'd love for Wetherspoon's to close down and for people to drink elsewhere - in pubs where there is a landlord, an atmosphere, and a bit of character.

Wetherspoon's "salvages" local history. In what way? Calling a pub in Cardiff the "Aneurin"? Do me a favour. Bevan was the MP for Ebbw Vale whose residents refused to allow their Wetherspoon's to be named "The Aneurin". Bevan was born in Tredegar, and they also refused to allow their Wetherspoon's to be named the "Aneurin".

Naughty but, in my experience, entirely accurate.

Incredibly this post moved from man with no mask in a shop to the evil empire of Wetherspoons , a chain that applied excellence social distancing rules very well,where you couldn’t stand , only tables 6 , no entry without a mask, no bar serving, pioneered app serving .

The chain also provides comfort to a lot of lonely / ederly people ,at a cost that fits there pocket , not everyone who visits a Spoons is a t!!t or a drunk particularly during the daytime , some poorer folk ealky appreciate a sausage butty for 3 quid and a cheap cuppa , after 8pm on a weekend or footy day is another story.

I see Tim Martin is being held up as a great man. It's almost like when he ditched his workers within hours of the first lockdown never happened.

was shopping in Tesco in Wokingham this evening and 80% of people wearing masks but a few chavy types marching around as if they owned the place walking down the middle of the aisles and forcing people out the way. also heard a nasty story from a mate who is a volunteer at a vaccination centre telling of anti-vax posters being put up near the centre with razor blades under the posters to stop people removing them. Britain's finest round here for sure. Kents in Berkshire.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    was shopping in Tesco in Wokingham this evening and 80% of people wearing masks but a few chavy types marching around as if they owned the place walking down the middle of the aisles and forcing people out the way. also heard a nasty story from a mate who is a volunteer at a vaccination centre telling of anti-vax posters being put up near the centre with razor blades under the posters to stop people removing them. Britain's finest round here for sure. Kents in Berkshire.
    I have a tattoo and sometimes drink in Wetherspoons so I suspect when I’m walking around Morrison’s with a free face you’d label me as a chav. I would’ve carried on in supermarkets but the staff aren’t wearing them so what’s the point.

When’s the moment when you’ll ditch the mask? Or you planning on wearing forever now?

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    You expecting to see a boom in cases as a result?
    Who knows? I was merely reporting what I saw.

If you're asking for my opinion, I'd say it would be a surprise if Covid cases start dropping over the next few weeks.

I have a tattoo and sometimes drink in Wetherspoons so I suspect when I’m walking around Morrison’s with a free face you’d label me as a chav. I would’ve carried on in supermarkets but the staff aren’t wearing them so what’s the point.

When’s the moment when you’ll ditch the mask? Or you planning on wearing forever now?
    this covid is a killer. i've seen how it effects healthy youngsters. if wearing a mask helps stop someone getting it then it's not a big sacrifice. my grand daughter who is 2 is in quarantine as her nursery staff tested positive and we were with her over the weekend so you don't know? i can see myself wearing a mask indoors for the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Meanwhile in the land of the free....

Attachment 4501
    This is Texas where the state governor deemed earlier this year that mask wearing was unnecessary. There has been a huge rise in COVID cases there:

https://twitter.com/TexasDSHS/status...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

I'm guessing that folks with the mentality of the 3 blokes in the photo would also very likely be anti-vaxxers and hence those that are more likely to end up in hospital. All the more ironic that the T shirt has "snowflakes don't last long in Texas" when it's the vaccinated snowflakes who are more likely to survive!

On the contrary, I didn't say everybody who drinks in Wetherspoon's is a twat. I said it is a pub for twats, and your defence of them seems to have hit a nerve.

Wetherspoon's opened in our town, a town with 5 decent pubs in the centre and another 8-10 outside the centre, but a small town all the same. Within 18 months, we only had Wetherspoon's left, and 2 of the pubs turned into restaurants instead. That story isn't unique to my town. Wetherspoon's and that complete tosser of an owner have caused untold damage to the real pub industry. I'd love for Wetherspoon's to close down and for people to drink elsewhere - in pubs where there is a landlord, an atmosphere, and a bit of character.

this is a interesting post and something i hear / read often

Oh Weatherspoons has caused all our local pubs to close, but why ? ? ? yes is sells cheaper booze, but these " real pubs " that people miss so much / mourn when they close, why did they shut, surely these same people who wouldnt ever consider stepping inside 'spoons and hate them with such passion would still be using the " real pubs with character " so these pubs would still have business and still be open, But they still close ? ? ? why

not sure the hatred for 'spoons, they are not the reason these real pubs are closing, they provide a service, people choose to use it or not, maybe these " real pubs " could look at what is going wrong closer to home and what 'spoons is doing thats attracting all the " real pubs customers " and causing them to close

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

Oh Weatherspoons has caused all our local pubs to close, but why ? ? ? yes is sells cheaper booze, but these " real pubs " that people miss so much / mourn when they close, why did they shut, surely these same people who wouldnt ever consider stepping inside 'spoons and hate them with such passion would still be using the " real pubs with character " so these pubs would still have business and still be open, But they still close ? ? ? why

not sure the hatred for 'spoons, they are not the reason these real pubs are closing, they provide a service, people choose to use it or not, maybe these " real pubs " could look at what is going wrong closer to home and what 'spoons is doing thats attracting all the " real pubs customers " and causing them to close
    How do you explain the correlation between the arrival of Wetherspoons to some towns, and closure of long established pubs shortly afterwards?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

I'm a regular a Wetherspoons. Great beer, lovely chilled lager and junk food all at a reasonable price. Also I'm a regular at McDonalds with the grandkids who love their breakfasts; their coffee is great and half the price of elsewhere. I'm a fan of them both and do not adopt a snobbish attitude dare I say like some of the posters. I'm unsure how those who would not step inside Wetherspoons but hate them with a passion are the best placed individuals to pass judgement but there you go.

This is precisely the attitude that has allowed the virus to spread unchecked over the last 18 months. You should wear a mask because you are a responsible member of society and care about other people. If you don't give a flying f*** about yourself or anyone else on the planet then carry on and don't wear one.

Wearing a mask is about mutuality. Others wear one to protect you and you wear one to protect others. Those who refuse to wear a mask are selfish but there are plenty of those in society.

The demise of the pub game is down to just more than Wetherspoons. Most supermarkets have two large aisles offering offering a vast array of alcohol in both price and range and also peoples habits have changed. The days of men spending all their disposable income in the pub after work 5 days a week, out with the missus Saturday and down the pub Sunday morning before going home for a Sunday Roast are long gone.

Pubs needed to adapt and most viable pubs now are pubs that serve food. Even bars that dont serve hot food have to think outside the box and offer cake and coffee in the day.

Tim Martin is a massive twat, but his pubs offer a service at affordable rates and hes also employing tens of thousands of people directly and indirectly. I dont drink there and not because of politics, I prefer the buzz of a social club, or if im in town somewhere more upmarket. Do I have an issue with people who do use Wetherspoons? Absolutely not. Why should people pay more for food and drink just to please people who have a political agenda against the owner? The irony is those who shout loudest probably dont frequent any pubs as they are too busy ranting on the internet about anything that will get them attention.

If we start boycotting or refusing to work in places because the owner is a twat we will be left with a very, very small pool of businesses where we can spend our money or gain employment.

How do you explain the correlation between the arrival of Wetherspoons to some towns, and closure of long established pubs shortly afterwards?
    Are they giving the customer ( who has the right to choose where they eat / drink ) the right options ? ? ?, it certainly looks that way

As i said, If the " real pubs " are better than 'spoons and the " real pub customers " love them so much, why are they closing, how does 'spoons appear to be attracting these " real pub customers ", something is clearly wrong somewhere with the " real pub ", but i guess its easier to blame Tim Martin