+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Hundred

The Hundred

I know a few missed out on tickets with the WAG attendance restrictions previously but there are currently tickets on sale for 18th August against London Spirit.

https://tickets.thehundred.com/selec...hoCC84QAvD_BwE

Re: The Hundred

Only Bronze category tickets now available.

It would be great if this sold out.

Welsh Fire getting battered right now at Edgbaston. Shame we lost Bairstow and really a bag of all sorts. Hardly Welsh and a meaningless tournament. Prefer watching the one day cup with Glammy.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    Welsh Fire getting battered right now at Edgbaston. Shame we lost Bairstow and really a bag of all sorts. Hardly Welsh and a meaningless tournament. Prefer watching the one day cup with Glammy.
    It’s not “we” to me. I couldn’t care less about Welsh Fire.

Will it be at max capacity or are there some restrictions still in place? Looking like a wooden spoon decider atm.

If Glammy manage a home semi final in the one day cup it will be the day before this game. Wonder if that would be accommodated or would another ground have to be sorted?

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    It’s not “we” to me. I couldn’t care less about Welsh Fire.
    sorry my fault, i don't either.

Would have been good to see a few games when there was more to play for. Yes the wooden spoon is the only issue with that last game. Looks like embarrassing defeat tonight. Glamorgan will be the far more important game that week if nothing goes wrong this week.

I’ve always like cricket, but seem to skip past it on tv.
    The england 1 day final was brilliant in 2019 where they had a final over shoot out.

But I must say the 100 is very entertaining and the crowds seem to be buying into it and enjoying the new format.
    Same as Darts.

Two embarrassing defeats for the Welsh Fire yesterday and there's a fair possibility that they could finish bottom of both the men's and women's tables. I'd say that it's been proved that there isn't really a solid bedrock support for cricket in Wales if you compare Glamorgan's level of support and the very poorly attended test match in Cardiff when Australia weren't providing the opposition and so, more than the other regions I would say, the Welsh Fire needs to be a winning team to get the crowds in on a consistent basis. They've been unlucky with Bairstow's absence, but the bowling attack is weak and, Duckett apart, the batting has been inconsistent - as for the women, it seems that if you take four wickets, you've near as damnit bowled them out!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Two embarrassing defeats for the Welsh Fire yesterday and there's a fair possibility that they could finish bottom of both the men's and women's tables. I'd say that it's been proved that there isn't really a solid bedrock support for cricket in Wales if you compare Glamorgan's level of support and the very poorly attended test match in Cardiff when Australia weren't providing the opposition and so, more than the other regions I would say, the Welsh Fire needs to be a winning team to get the crowds in on a consistent basis. They've been unlucky with Bairstow's absence, but the bowling attack is weak and, Duckett apart, the batting has been inconsistent - as for the women, it seems that if you take four wickets, you've near as damnit bowled them out!
    I think the Hundred is an experiment for Welsh cricket and the ECB are desperate for a strong Welsh team to get the backing of the Welsh Crowd. I would agree that it needs a strong Welsh Fire side for it to succeed. It is an untapped market for them.

In some ways the Welsh Fire has been unlucky. Our overseas players have been constantly replaced. From Smith and Starc, we went for Richardson and Pollard, we ended up with Phillips and Neesham, who’s performances have been inconsistent.

Banton hasn’t fired at all, Bairstow played 2 games, Ollie Pope hasn’t played in any of the matches at all, and Plunkett got injured early, we haven been left with what looks like a county side in a franchise system.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    we haven been left with what looks like a county side in a franchise system.
    I thought much the same last night, which I think is the only WF game I’ve gotten to watch so far. To a degree, I’ve thought this about much of the tournament, with the world being as it is, most teams almost feel like county t20 sides that have been picked out of a tombola.

Need to fill coffers aside, and without a crystal ball I appreciate, I do think there would have been a sensible case to postpone this comp for another year, with hopefully more international talent available and better timing with the England test etc calendar, although that’s a perennial problem regardless I know.