+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Frightening.

Re: Frightening.

Plenty of proof it’s man made, you only have to look at any climate graphs as well even without the actual evidence:

https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

https://www.wwf.org.uk/updates/10-my...climate-change

https://science.anu.edu.au/news-even...limate-problem

https://www.edf.org/climate/9-ways-w...climate-change

All backed up by genuine peer reviewed evidence too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I think that some people seem to think that mask wearing, Climate change etc, is a Leftist agenda, another way of authority telling 'us' what is right for us. Some people seem to think that they can do whatever the want, without restriction or consideration for others. We have experienced that sentiment politically for some time.
    Agreed, it is very difficult to put into words the way that politicians have manipulated the population over the last 10 years. Some of the manipulated will argue that they are "breaking away" from main-stream media and "thinking for themselves", as if that means they haven't been manipulated.

In all honesty, there are too many of us walking, driving, flying on this planet. It's also a bit rich for developed countries to dictate to developing countries. I don't have any figures, but I would be amazed if China's Carbon emissions per person since 1880 exceeded the USA's or UK's carbon emissions per person since 1880.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    "attributable to human-induced climate change."
    where is the PROOF for that as opposed to natural earth changes?
    #
    I would say do your own research but it’s so easy to find, it’s also the most basic easy to understand evidence possible too, do people just choose not to believe it because of how scary the consequences are?

https://skepticalscience.com/empiric...al-warming.htm

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-c...-idUSKCN1QE1ZU

https://www.nytimes.com/article/clim...rming-faq.html

https://www.quantamagazine.org/how-e...-now-20200721/

Obviously these are all easily digestible versions of it but it’s all backed up by genuine research. I wrote my thesis on climate change too and I can’t believe people still ignore all the evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    From this thread alone you can see how doomed we are.

Proper change won't happen until its far too late. We are conditioned to kick things down the line, only when things directly effect us do most people take action that is costly or inconvenient.

How do you convince developing nations in particular to make these changes, not necessarily for themselves but certainly for future generations.

Yet when something like covid happens that directly effects us now, we can shut down economies, launch billions at a problem and within a very short period of time have solutions.
    Agreed. Governments will only act when they actually see climate change impacting voters. And, despite all the platitudes of the environment minister, Johnson isn't going to be doing much because it's outside his career path.

One comparison may be Y2K. I worked on many Y2K projects, the first one started in February 1999 and the last one ended on December 30th 1999. Y2K was a known issue for many years before that, but was only looked at at the last minute.

"utterly certain that global warming is not a problem"...no-one is saying it is not a problem....just the cause of the problem.....
    You said it was all bollox earlier in thread

It's definitely a thing, and if it's humans that are causing it, then I can't see anything happening quickly enough to make a difference. It's like shutting the stable door once the horse has bolted. Even if we stopped everything right now, things would stay as they are - ie. hotter, wetter, etc. And we're not likely to stop everything right now, so that means things will get worse. So we're going to have to look for ways of living with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    humans are having a big effect on the climate. you clearly haven't understood the science.

and who do you think is to blame for all the cows?
    The farmers.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    It's definitely a thing, and if it's humans that are causing it, then I can't see anything happening quickly enough to make a difference. It's like shutting the stable door once the horse has bolted. Even if we stopped everything right now, things would stay as they are - ie. hotter, wetter, etc. And we're not likely to stop everything right now, so that means things will get worse. So we're going to have to look for ways of living with it.
    I’ve had numerous meetings with business partners over the last 14 months and some suggested that a a few COVID restrictions were brought in mainly for climate change …and will probably remain in place indefinitely.

Most G20 governments have a zero carbon agenda. Will be interesting to seen where we are in five years time.

"attributable to human-induced climate change."
    where is the PROOF for that as opposed to natural earth changes?
    #
    Co2 direct observations are a good starting point:

https://gml.noaa.gov/ccgg/trends/

Then read the IPPC report summary, August 9th 2021. It's up to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    The farmers.
    Human farmers or the other sort?

When it comes to technology, I've always thought the 'just in time' theory is a good one. When we really need something, the scientists/engineers will come up with something. We need a new non-polluting method of generating power, and we need it soon (especially here in the UK). We need a new non-polluting method of transportation, and we need it soon. At the moment, we're being sold electric cars as being the answer, when in reality, they are far from it - in fact, they're probably worse.
    Governments should be funding major research into these items. Clutching at straws like electric cars is just wasting time and money.

humans are having a big effect on the climate. you clearly haven't understood the science.

and who do you think is to blame for all the cows?
    Wynford’s shut

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    ....and the poor and the meek shall inhabit the flood plains and low lying coastal areas. Which is already happening.
    Climate change mitigation strategies are the only hope, for now. It might hit home when London floods big time during rush hour....combined with a North Sea storm surge which means the Thames Barrier left open would cause flooding. Closed...flood water back up and spills over into the underground.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    You said it was all bollox earlier in thread
    That was regarding it being man made....
    as for all the links....that is not proof...it it merely people suggesting it is man made......look at the temperatures over millennium to see how natural fluctuations happen.

An interesting graph:

temperature.jpg

An interesting graph:

temperature.jpg
    how many billion people could the earth sustain during these earlier periods of warmth and cold?

I thought it was this

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CSUi4ZO...dium=copy_link

About the American whistle blower.

how many billion people could the earth sustain during these earlier periods of warmth and cold?

If it’s read with the context it shows just how bad it is:

https://www.climate.gov/news-feature...rths-ever-been

Modern human civilization, with its permanent agriculture and settlements, has developed over just the past 10,000 years or so. The period has generally been one of low temperatures and relative global (if not regional) climate stability. Compared to most of Earth’s history, today is unusually cold; we now live in what geologists call an interglacial—a period between glaciations of an ice age. But as greenhouse-gas emissions warm Earth’s climate, it's possible our planet has seen its last glaciation for a long time.

Does anyone actually know when the most damage is or has been done? Was it 70/100 years ago in the industrial coal age or more recent time with air travel/cars etc? I get the impression that even if we did reduce all carbon emissions right now it would still take 30-50 years to get better and they don’t really know if it will get better anyway, how can they as it’s never been recorded before?
    Still, time to build that barrage from cardiff to Bristol and keep the water out whilst running all our houses from it……

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Human farmers or the other sort?
    Farm bots.

****ing farmville. Knww it would ruin the world. ****ing shite game.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Does anyone actually know when the most damage is or has been done? Was it 70/100 years ago in the industrial coal age or more recent time with air travel/cars etc? I get the impression that even if we did reduce all carbon emissions right now it would still take 30-50 years to get better and they don’t really know if it will get better anyway, how can they as it’s never been recorded before?
    Still, time to build that barrage from cardiff to Bristol and keep the water out whilst running all our houses from it……
    Some things will get better in that kind of time frame - other problems like ocean acidification would take 100s of years to return to pre industrial levels apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Climate change = fact
    How to respond to this fact = political. Ideally, we'd all be on the same side on this one but we know that...

In run up to Mayor of London election prominent Tory and billionaire hedge fund manager Sir Michael Hintze donated the following to Mr Johnson:
    - £2,000 in December 2007
    - £2,000 in February 2008
    - £1,000 in March 2008.

Sir Michael, (who is prominent Tory party doner) is the financial backer of the climate science denial group the Global Warming Policy Foundation.

Let's fast forward to December 2010 when BJ wrote this article for the Telegraph. In it he promoted the work of well know climate change denier Piers Corbyn.

... thread continues: https://twitter.com/WillHayCardiff/s...99022867156992

We won't see over a hundred thousand dead from climate change in a year and therefore this gradual but awful process is less of a vote loser. Sadly, as poor as the UK is on it there are other nations doing their best to be much, much worse.
    Great post mate.

An interesting graph:

temperature.jpg
    One of the most frightening things is the way in which this warming period is different from the previous ones.

In the historical warming period there would have been some kind of external factor like increased solar activity or something that would have warmed the earth into releasing a lot more carbon into the atmosphere, which then continued the warming a long time after the initial stimulus for it had ended.
    In all previous warmings the increase in atmospheric carbon happens after the initial warming.

In this warming it is the atmospheric carbon that we have pumped into the atmosphere that is causing the initial warming, and this in turn will trigger the even more warming that occurs when other sources of atmospheric carbon are released. It is already happening, and it may be impossible to avoid now.
    You can roughly calculate the amount of carbon released to the atmosphere from human activities and you can measure the amount of excess carbon in the atmosphere causing the warming and the amounts stack up really well.

Humans are NOT affecting Climate Change......Cows farting emit more damage to the atmosphere.....
    And why are there so many cows?

I always think that a person’s belief about climate change is a good rough litmus test about their IQ and education.