Carabao Cup 1st Round

Tuesday August 10th, ko 7:00pm

Match Officials:

Referee: Antony Coggins
    Assistant Referees: Christopher Husband, Kevin Morris
    Fourth Official: Scott Jackson

https://tickets.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/

Re: CARDIFF CITY v SUTTON UTD. Match thread

Here's hoping we don't get knocked out at the first attempt as per most recent cup games.

hoping to see the youngsters involved, and some of the ones coming back from injury

Smithies

Ng McGuinness Morrison Nelson T.Davies

Vaulks/Wintle Bowen

Colwill

Moore Harris

In the past Liverpool have used cup games to give next generation of players and coaches a go.

I know we want a cup run so younger players get game time but could we give preparation to Steve Morrison and try to work out which senior players can adapt their game to play like the U23's do?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    In the past Liverpool have used cup games to give next generation of players and coaches a go.

I know we want a cup run so younger players get game time but could we give preparation to Steve Morrison and try to work out which senior players can adapt their game to play like the U23's do?
    I think we have several first team squad members who need game time. Sang, Morrison, Brown, Vaulks, Bowen, Murphy, Moore, Colwill. That leaves room for just a couple of others, perhaps Davies and Evan's.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    I think we have several first team squad members who need game time. Sang, Morrison, Brown, Vaulks, Bowen, Murphy, Moore, Colwill. That leaves room for just a couple of others, perhaps Davies and Evan's.
    Smithies, Ng, Morrison, Flint, Nelson,, Brown, Colwill, Wintle, Harris. Vassell, Murphy

It's the Carabao Cup 1st Round in a season where we're very unlikely to get promoted or relegated. Just feels like it would be a wasted opportunity if our focus is on players who won't be here next year and a style of play we're hopefully, eventually, moving away from.

Vaulks is still suspended isn't he? It's the first cup tie Mick McCarthy's been in charge of, so the team will be interesting.

I'd like it to be Smithies, McGuiness, Pack, Morrison, Ng, Bowen, Wintle, Bagan, Colwill, Moore and Harris, but I don't think it will be!

TOBW for manager.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Vaulks is still suspended isn't he? It's the first cup tie Mick McCarthy's been in charge of, so the team will be interesting.

I'd like it to be Smithies, McGuiness, Pack, Morrison, Ng, Bowen, Wintle, Bagan, Colwill, Moore and Harris, but I don't think it will be!
    I'd be happy with that.
    perhaps also Murphy involved if he's available

If we can teach Brown to pass a ball he'll be here next season whereas Pack probably won't be - too slow, too expensive.

Given their ages, it's far more likely that we can teach Brown to be an average or better passer than we can teach Morrison to be left-sided CB.

I thought I heard/read somewhere it was 1 match ban. Soon be proven right/wrong.😀

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    If we can teach Brown to pass a ball he'll be here next season whereas Pack probably won't be - too slow, too expensive.

Given their ages, it's far more likely that we can teach Brown to be an average or better passer than we can teach Morrison to be left-sided CB.
    if brown becomes a ball playing left footed centre back, and comfortable at this level in his early 20s then he'll be suddenly worth a sizeable fee.

I'd quite like to see Bakare given a run out as well, as he looked really impressive for the u23s. although something can also be said for establishing a bit of consistency in the back 3

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    I thought I heard/read somewhere it was 1 match ban. Soon be proven right/wrong.��
    Frankly, I’d be amazed if he only got a one match ban for that tackle, it was a shocker.

Frankly, I’d be amazed if he only got a one match ban for that tackle, it was a shocker.
    It was a three-match ban and he missed the final two games of last season.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    maybe we will see caulks and Wintle in the middle then

That's why I was thinking it was just one match, of the new season. Thankyou

Few younger players / reserves, other than that I'd want a strong team. We traditionally don't have enough to confidently see off teams like this with too many changes.

I'd love a good cup run, by cup run I mean getting to the 3rd round would be good going for us lately.

Yes, it was Wycombe, not Rotherham, he was sent off against wasn’t it - bang goes my Bowen and Wintle midfield for tonight then.

Yes, it was Wycombe, not Rotherham, he was sent off against wasn’t it - bang goes my Bowen and Wintle midfield for tonight then.
    Vaulks was subbed on in the 94th minute and sent off in the 95 minute!

Heading off to see this one soon. It's 21 degrees. I have a love/hate relationship with these cup matches but still keep going. Anyway, footie, CCS open, it's warm and no rain. Let's make the most of it. Even we can't lose this one....can we?

Of course not.

Smithies, Flint, Nelson, Morrison, Vaulks, Wintle, Watkins, Moore, Sang, Tom Davies and Mark Harris start

Marley Watkins signed a contract until end of August

So we are giving Marley Watkins a game instead of using Bowen or Colwill. **** off Mick.