+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 3 - 2 SUTTON UTD. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 3 - 2 SUTTON UTD. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    So, come on, were you at the game or not ? Not would be my guess. Check Cardiff55’s post above as well - I obviously wasn't the only one who actually watched the match. You probably wrote your latest analysis of the game before it started.
    I wasn't at the game, no. Not many City fans were.

I also didn't post any analysis. I don't need to attend to know that you saying we did not play at least one direct, aimless ball up field wasn't true.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    No I don't disregard scrappy goals, merely acknowledge that there is a difference between a well worked one and a scrappy one. Scrappy goals suggest a certain amount of luck, something that is unsustainable across a season, a well worked one the opposite. Surely you'd prefer to see us score well worked goals?

My apologies for thinking a side that boasts internationals and a number of seasoned Championship players should be beating League 2 new boys Sutton United fairly comfortably rather than relying on scrappy goals.

What situation do we find ourselves in and how did we get there?
    Two out of our three goals weren't ‘scrappy’ and one of theirs was ‘scrappy’. So using your logic, we won 2-1 on ‘proper’ goals. Wigan, Peterborough and Derby should have beaten poor little old non league Chorley in the cup last year but didn't. The cups are littered with lower league teams beating higher ones. Thats football. We won this time anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    I wasn't at the game, no. Not many City fans were.

I also didn't post any analysis. I don't need to attend to know that you saying we did not play at least one direct, aimless ball up field wasn't true.
    What a surprise. Bet you didn't watch the game on City TV either. So basically you are admitting that you base your post match comments on guesswork, supposition and what other people say. Hoisted on your own petard. And you call me deluded. Anybody who engages with you on this board should now bear in mind that you are making up what you say as you go along. It explains an awful lot to me. You are an attention seeking troll.

1). Pandemic. 2). Resulting lack of funds. 3). Player injury and illness in close season. 4). Playing inexperienced youngsters. I could go on. Hopefully I don't have to explain how they got in it. I think you can probably work it out yourself.
    Much like every other club then you mean. You don’t think all of the money we have wasted on limited, over paid players on long contracts with little sell on value might have something to do with it?

What a surprise. Bet you didn't watch the game on City TV either. So basically you are admitting that you base your post match comments on guesswork, supposition and what other people say. Hoisted on your own petard. And you call me deluded. Anybody who engages with you on this board should now bear in mind that you are making up what you say as you go along. It explains an awful lot to me. You are an attention seeking troll.
    I watch City a lot. I didn't see last night's game. Given the crowd many others didn't watch it.

I don't need to watch the game to tell you that you're talking cobblers by saying we never played a lofted aimless ball forward. I just don't. Nothing personal. Anybody who watches City with any regularity could tell you that.
    Are you still telling us that City never played one long ball forward? You said there was no hoofball, not once.

dml, one thing that you seem to miss is that I don't care what anybody who wants to engage with me bears in mind.

You can believe what I say if you want or not. It matters little to me. I couldn't care less if you do.

What I will say is I would believe anybody on this board over somebody who says we did not play one long aimless ball in 90 minutes plus of football against Sutton.

Two out of our three goals weren't ‘scrappy’ and one of theirs was ‘scrappy’. So using your logic, we won 2-1 on ‘proper’ goals. Wigan, Peterborough and Derby should have beaten poor little old non league Chorley in the cup last year but didn't. The cups are littered with lower league teams beating higher ones. Thats football. We won this time anyway.
    "No I don't disregard scrappy goals"

Regardless. Our first is poor keeping, the second comes to Watkins off the shin of their defender and our third is deflected in off one of their defenders. We had fewer shots, fewer shots on target and fewer corners than a League 2 team but no, it was a great performance and I'll give special thanks to Mick for such a stunning display of football.

Nice thread about the match on the Sutton Message Board. Plus some good photos. Apologies if posted previously. I went to the game so haven’t read all this thread.

https://suttonunited.proboards.com/t...d-match-thread

https://www.flickr.com/photos/paullo...7719664447558/